It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Foreign Minister: Says US Is to Blame, Not Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Snip:
In an interview with Reuters news agency, Mr Rudd said: "Mr Assange is not himself responsible for the unauthorised release of 250,000 documents from the US diplomatic communications network. The Americans are responsible for that."

Mr Rudd, the former prime minister who was replaced by Julia Gillard in June, added: "I think there are real questions to be asked about the adequacy of [the US] security systems and the level of access that people have had to that material.

"The core responsibility, and therefore legal liability, goes to those individuals responsible for that initial unauthorised release."
End snip

At last, some honesty and common sense. What a welcome breath of fresh air. And its about time Julian Assange was given some support by his own country's government.

edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I like how they use the word "replaced" by Julia Gillard. Should say "overthrown".

I've always liked Kevin. He gave every Australian $900 instead of giving it to the banks. And he's right here. Where did Assange get his info from?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Ha.. It takes a man ridiculed and stabbed in the back publicly, to become honest?

I smell more dudd on rudd....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Although I agree with Rudd's assesment, would he have voiced the same opinion before he realised a leaked cable from the US was less that complimentory of his leadership qualities?

I just find it strange that he waited for the leak pertaining to him to make this view known..
Sounds a lot like sour grapes...
Although I agree with him..

Would he have said this if he was still favoured by the US??
I don't think so...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I like how they use the word "replaced" by Julia Gillard. Should say "overthrown".

I've always liked Kevin. He gave every Australian $900 instead of giving it to the banks. And he's right here. Where did Assange get his info from?

Every Australian? No... Just those who've over the years contributed hundreds of thousands in tax to the govt.

$900 to stimulate the economy.. Yeah, all that beer helped..

lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Ahh see this is what I like about Wikileaks - nothing like a good old-fashioned 'airing out' of the closet

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

No, the Government here could not find a reason to bail out the banks.
Although they did gaurentee them and thus let ALL their opposition die..
We lost all non bank lenders thanks to the GFC and Australias response..

It simply consolidated the BIG 4 Banks..

And BTW, the $900 he gave to all Australians eligible was from "borrowed money"....
Yes, we are in debt and it's growing...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

No, the Government here could not find a reason to bail out the banks.
Although they did gaurentee them and thus let ALL their opposition die..
We lost all non bank lenders thanks to the GFC and Australias response..

It simply consolidated the BIG 4 Banks..

And BTW, the $900 he gave to all Australians eligible was from "borrowed money"....
Yes, we are in debt and it's growing...

What an absolute load of garbage!!! Name one non-bank lender that folded during the GFC- You can't because there is none. Most of them had merged with the big four during the 12 years under Howard/Costello.You are just regurgitating the lies the MSM was force feeding the Australian public.

The rich wanted tax cuts and they were pissed that a Government would dare give money to those who would actually spend it and help kick start the retail sector. The $900, even though I didn't get it, was a brilliant idea because unlike tax cuts it was one off, and it went to people who would spend it at a time when the retail industry was about to implode.

Tax cuts would have done nothing to stimulate the economy in the short term and would remain a permanent burden on the economy and its recovery. There would have been massive job loss which inturn effects production which lowers the Governments revenue for a long time.

The MSM had their own agenda for taking opposition to everything the Rudd Government did and they did the same thing in the UK and now the USA as well. The media mogels are flexing their muscles to show that they can still make or break Governments. They are pushing Governments for strict copyright protection laws on the internet so that they can charge us to access their information. They gave Rudd a year and a half to introduce a new policy which would give them control of the internet and when it wasn't forthcoming the relentless attack began. In an attempt to appease the beast the Rudd government reluctantly started talking about the internet filter policy but the MSM want far more than that as many world leaders are learning.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
gotta love ruddy anyone who watched Rove would know of the rudd segments haha, i do like that he is standing up for an australian citizen.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Ahh see this is what I like about Wikileaks - nothing like a good old-fashioned 'airing out' of the closet

Yes, indeed!

second
edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join