It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
The thing that gets me is.... there are small numbers and large numbers. Do they hold a different key or numerical value?

yeah i want to know that as well. And cant we just guess the password? lol its probably his birthday or something. who else knows the password other than assange?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is a with a high likelyhood fake, but the truth is that it has been broken. I'm rather certain NSA has been able to open the files. After all they chose AES amongst competition and it wasn't the strongest one...
Man it would be nice to hear that some cracker is working on it using botnet, but I doubt it....

www.linkedin.com...

I think most of us know this is fake. We just can't resist the temptation.
edit on 8-12-2010 by SpeDeZo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeDeZo

Me too. It's very likely that it was broken within a few days. Not that they can do anything about the release when it does eventually happen. But.. they can still mitigate the damage somewhat, knowing what is going to come.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Neutradol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

yeps... now there abunch of videos with this bs............way to go ats.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertflower
reply to post by Neutradol

I hear you it might be a fake but at least some here are trying to figure the mystery out and at the same time getting practice and learning new things related to encryption

No this is the state of humanity's collective will.. toward trivial mysteries that provide no closure to anything, ANYTHING to distract us from doing SOMETHING about what is going on. Think about the collective mindpower wasted in this thread on the NOTION that Assange -oh that clever, clever man- would upload some sort of insurance password to YOUTUBE so that the clever, oh so clever minds of ATS could pick it apart and then talk about how they solved one of the most impotent mysteries ever stumbled upon? I sound cynical, and probably come off as an as$hole, but the point needs to be made. There is much more pertinent information out there, and this is not even near the realm of time worthy.

I was somewhat surprised to see this thread at the top of the charts, while the thread I made containing much more valuable information sinks lower with little response, or a flag. 76 for this one?

edit on 8-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: facepalm

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
since hes a sexual molester im guessing the password must be something dirty or perverted.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Maybe it's "duneknight" then?

2nd.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
since hes a sexual molester im guessing the password must be something dirty or perverted.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,]
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.]
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .[.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,], .~”; /. .. .]
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .]. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . ].>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
decrypting atm, I don't know if its gona work if it does ill make thread

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 8-12-2010 by colloredbrothers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Thats a book called little brother by cory doctorow, how in the blue blazes did you get that
i think you downloaded the wrong insurance file

EDIT: You deleted your post, now i look like an idiot

edit on 8/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
β221399942apophis

invalid signature (yes I know the 2213 is superscript but I copied here and I gues ats can't read superscript.
This didn't work, the account holder says its only part but still I think this is bull, no mention on wiki website or facebook. crock of ...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Wow, people never cease to amaze me...

This is a classic Vernam encryption method. It uses a ONE TIME PAD. Julian Assange is likely the ONLY PERSON ON EARTH who knows the one time pad or where to find it, and in all likelihood, has made extensive arrangements to make sure it is accessible to the right people at the right time. I doubt the one time pad would be referred to in an email because that would make it to easy for someone to footprint and find out. Whatever Assange has at play is in motion and can not be stopped by anyone IMO.

The legend being referred to is the key that has to be used in combination with the "password" that may or may not be the one in the YouTube video presented by the OP. It could very well be the correct password. If the video is accurate, the legend (one time pad) would be contained in the email that is referred to and would be a WORD OR PHRASE that when bit-shifted and combined with the password, would create the correct key. If you do not have the above mentioned word or phrase, you will NEVER crack the encryption. As I said, I doubt this would be in both a YT video or an email.

AND....All this talk about NSA and government cracking a 256-bit cipher using Vernam encryptions is laughable at best. You guys have no idea what you are talking about. All of the country's Cray's combined could not crack this in our lifetime, so please stop with that nonsense and just do some research to understand how encryption works and how long it's been used to keep secrets a secret. While you are at it, make sure you can do the math so you understand how long, in computer processing time, it would take to brute force a 256 bit encrypted string... good luck with that. People can say what they want, but being in the business, I have yet to personally see a 256 bit cipher cracked by anyone or any country, so unless you have proof otherwise, it doesn't exist.... yet. (hello quantum computing!)

~Namaste

Bumping to the end of the thread so people will stop repeating the same asinine comments. And to emphasize...

THIS CAN NOT BE CRACKED!!!!!! (apologies for the caps, but people aren't reading!)

It takes more than JUST the password that you see in the video, if it happens to be the right one. You need to have the ONE TIME PAD as well as the cipher to decrypt the KEY, then they KEY is used to decrypt the message. It is the simplest and most unbreakable form of encryption when done properly. I'll repeat - VERNAN ENCRYPTION PEOPLE.... LOOK IT UP and let this thread die already. I can't believe it got this many stars and flags as it is.... insanity! Please stop wasting your time trying to "figure out" the password or the meaning of the gibberish in the YouTube video, and do something more productive like looking at what has ALREADY been decrypted.

~Namaste

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

hahaha
yea

I started reading from the middle and there was talk of security and servers, tor program etc... I thought it was Julian, because the main hacker in wiki has a program named Tor so I started making connections. nvm

I'm gona read that book I think

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

not everyone is knowledgeble on encryption protocols so give us a break will ya

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

From my understanding, the password contains 256 characters...
Best of luck guessing that one.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers(yes I know the 2213 is superscript but I copied here and I gues ats can't read superscript.

ß²²¹³
2nd line

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just a shot in the dark.............You ever thought it could be bait for Wiki Heros by the CIA? Just a thought

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I am bored and digging into this like a true conspiracy theories and there are some pretty interesting ...things popping up, that let me emphasize probably have nothing to do with anything, however the conspiracy theorist in me just has to bring stuff up...

Ok so here we go, so far on my search regarding the ß221399942apophis you tube code or whatever...

Obviously we have determined ß is 0223 then you have 2213 which seems random so if you do alt+2213 you get Ñ

When I googled "ßÑ" I didn't really find anything of value but I did find this top reference to the search comical:

www.nyc.gov...

when I searched Google for 0223, 2213 I found an interesting correlation between those specific two numbers being right next to each other here:

-www.tynsetflyklubb.no...
and
cfr.vlex.com...

I don't know the statistical possibility of those two 4 digit numbers appearing together in order, maybe someone can though...

Whatever I don't think much of it... I find it funny though that ß is GERMAN to replace SS in a word...lol

-the 99942 is part of apophis I doubt they are separate in meaning

that's all I got, and I'm not claiming it means anything just thought I would post it because maybe it would mean something to someone

I don't particularly think the OP is 100% hoaxer because of the coincidence in sign-up time. He very simply could have been a lurker that discovered the you tube video and decided to finally come out of the woodwork to post here his finding...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MatthiasGoliath

no, it does not, the blocksize's maximum is 256 bits, the keysize has no maximum, so the password could be any any length, from 1 character to infinity
edit on 8/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join