It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by McGinty

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Open Letter to Assange: Release the Prophecy of August, 1979

Here ya go McGinty

Thanks for link.

Just wanted to point out the connection and ask if this might paint the op in a slightly less insane light (i originally discounted him/her as nuts, til this astroid thing came up)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

(SHA1: cce54d3a8af370213d23fcbfe8cddc8619a0734c)

Compare

i have exactly same file with that checksum
and trying with aescrypt gives me "Invalid input file..." "Invalid signature"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by petar258

encrypt a random file on your pc
remove the filetype so only .aes256 is left
Look familiar?

Well thats my take from messing around with the windows version.

edit on 9-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Well I wasn't trying to crack any code just calculate the number we'd been given which Sly1one said is ß is 0223 and I added to the power of 2213. I guess you could add the "apophis" part to the end and see what happens.

I don't doubt that the code would be hard to crack. I reckon there is some interesting stuff in it but I still don't think it is everything he has by any stretch of the imagination.

It is interesting none the less. It's good to see how much attention it is getting, which may be required when something (trivial to us ATS bunch) like 9/11 inside info is let loose to the public. I'm waiting for the juicy stuff.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Bendaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

.aes extension is opened automaticaly if you installed aescrypt, but i got same error
i can try tonight on other pc with linux, but if this was the password we all should know already

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

the error I get for a wrong password is
img530.imageshack.us...
no idea if you can change the output

That should be the correct sh1, it matches the file I have and that was download and uploaded to RS when it was first released.

Not used aes before so it's all new to me but this guys insurance file creates the same error

th3j35t3r.wordpress.com...
edit on 9-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

,,,remove the filetype so only .aes256 is left

Wait!?!?! Stop!!! Stop!!!!

.aes256 is an extension to an NSA encrypted algorithm. Holy crap!!! If you people have been downloading this file, I would get rid of it as soon as possible.

Advanced Encryption Standard

In cryptography, the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is a symmetric-key encryption standard adopted by the U.S. government. The standard comprises three block ciphers, AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256, adopted from a larger collection originally published as Rijndael. Each of these ciphers has a 128-bit block size, with key sizes of 128, 192 and 256 bits, respectively. The AES ciphers have been analyzed extensively and are now used worldwide, as was the case with its predecessor,[3] the Data Encryption Standard (DES).

AES was announced by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as U.S. FIPS PUB 197 (FIPS 197) on November 26, 2001 after a 5-year standardization process in which fifteen competing designs were presented and evaluated before Rijndael was selected as the most suitable (see Advanced Encryption Standard process for more details). It became effective as a Federal government standard on May 26, 2002 after approval by the Secretary of Commerce. It is available in many different encryption packages. AES is the first publicly accessible and open cipher approved by the NSA for top secret information (see Security of AES, below).

As I keep telling everyone, I would not touch this file. Anyone who downloaded or tampered with this file just made a BIG mistake. Until I saw the file extension from the above mentioned poster, I didn't realize the type of program everyone is messing with. After you enter in a correct or wrong password, the program sends a log file out to a database sitting on a server. It keeps track on who, what, where, and when a specific file is used or tampered with.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not used aes before so it's all new to me but this guys insurance file creates the same error

th3j35t3r.wordpress.com...

Before playing with the gap-insurance file you'll need to decode it since it has been encrypted and later has been base64 encoded: poor choice if you ask me, 1) there is no need to base64 encode if you "know your stuff" and 2) it's bigger than it needs to be and doesn't add any value from an encryption/security standpoint, it's just a way to discourage script kiddies

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well you sound like your trying so please refer to my name

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

It's open source is it not? I think people would of ditched it as soon as that was found it.

If you are paranoid do what has been mentioned offline Vm or a unconnected box.

reply to post by dudez

# Message to 4Chan – TBA (‘moot‘ point)
# Message to Assange - TBA
# Cutting the Head off the Snake

Hopefully release it after those have gone up OR it's a fake who knows.
edit on 9-12-2010 by aivlas because: reply

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It seems as if this info is popping up in odd places like a site tiny picz and probably others.There is a huge info war going on and I feel like a spectator on a rollercoaster.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It's open source is it not? I think people would of ditched it as soon as that was found it.

No. It is not open source.

As a matter of fact, the NSA and the government are the only ones who use it. How Assange got a hold of this is up for debate, but be warned that this is not a type of file you want to mess with.

Don't say I didn't warn everyone. If this ends badly for you folks, you have only yourselves to blame. Good luck.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No they aren't
Lots of people use it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Wait!?!?! Stop!!! Stop!!!!
.aes256 is an extension to an NSA encrypted algorithm. Holy crap!!! If you people have been downloading this file, I would get rid of it as soon as possible.

As I keep telling everyone, I would not touch this file. Anyone who downloaded or tampered with this file just made a BIG mistake. Until I saw the file extension from the above mentioned poster, I didn't realize the type of program everyone is messing with. After you enter in a correct or wrong password, the program sends a log file out to a database sitting on a server. It keeps track on who, what, where, and when a specific file is used or tampered with.

Please, stop telling stupid things like that: AES is a block cipher, adopted by the U.S. government after promoting a competition and after extensive review of candidate algorithms by cryptography experts, such as Bruce Schneier.
You can use AES, DES, Blowfish, Twofish.. and whatever block cipher you want, else roll your own.
Stop telling everyone they did a mistake, just use openssl or code your own decipher based on the standard, i really can't see how you are supposed to be in troubles by downloading and trying to decrypt that file: brute forcing could very well requires eons of time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Wait!?!?! Stop!!! Stop!!!! .aes256 is an extension to an NSA encrypted algorithm. Holy crap!!! If you people have been downloading this file, I would get rid of it as soon as possible.

Lots of people use it. Plus if it is an NSA file, who the hell cares? Good for them. Regardless from this, the file stays on many computers, including mine. Period.

Just a question: You work for the NSA, right? Now drink a coffee and figure out a new method which is going to tell us why should we delete the file. The present approach and fear mongering is not working. Cheers NSA!
edit on 9-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

I was actually thinking something a little different.

My brain has a habbit of adding things up as im doing something else, one thing that popped into my head was this...

Assuming all the NWO stuff is true, at least in the sense huge corporations intend to replace, to become government. ( I know they already effectively own it, but still)

So we ARE tired of these criminal politicians, theres very few people can be bothered with them so what if they release all the files & documents over the next year or 2, eventaully the "big one" will apears and by that time the crimes and dodgy deals of our collective goverments would be common knowledge, thats when our corporate overlords come out and say "Hey look at these criminals, you could let us replace them and we can fix EVERYTHING" and before you know it the corporations ARE government! People being as "gimp" as they are they will be tripping over themselves to vote them in (just like with Mr "Change" himself Obama!).

Its just a thought, whatever your opinion is all wikileaks is doing is what we used to call JOURNALISM, of course nowadays lying is a virtue, calling out a liar is impolite, outing a crazy idiot is "unfair". Now its terrorism or whatever they are claiming. A guy in my work tried to compare it to revealing that some one in the office had AIDs or herpes and that info should be private. I agree that info should be private, however thats a media created Idea if every I saw one, I pointed out its more like someone in the office was a rapist or pedo, should THAT information be shared?

There will ALWAY be information we will need to keep secret, either for protecting someone from embaressment or some other reason I cant even think of, However if the leak is evidence of a CRIME, EVERYTHING else irrelevant, a crime is a crime, its about time we start treating these people the way the treat the rest of us! If its illegal for me, it should be for them!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It would be funny if thousands of people download an inoperable virus that shuts down US Web including security agencies etc.allowing God knows what people to infiltrate our most sensitive info like launch codes...run on sentence out

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Ho-Ho-Ho
If you live in country of ruined freedom(USA) you are right to scare. But i did not and i have this file on more than one media. And i dont have fears like you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdsHelpUsPlease
It would be funny if thousands of people download an inoperable virus that shuts down US Web including security agencies etc.allowing God knows what people to infiltrate our most sensitive info like launch codes...run on sentence out

funny? You've got a strange sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by MattDalpe
There's no virus unless the file contains an executable file.. my guess is once you enter the key you will get a big zip archive with tons of docs inside.

You do know that the password program is an .exe file type? Even though it has another extension, it can still be used as a trojan horse program.

.Zip file are also used in the same manner as a .exe file.

I would not touch this file unless I am 100% confident that Assange and company can be trusted. Personally, if he was able to get the main leaked files through illegal channels, I would not put it past him to do something even more deviant.

I don't trust Assange and Wikileaks.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

You obviously know nothing about computers so quit spreading lies. Even if a exe is used to open the file it's not gonna execute any code unless somehow there's some sort of buffer overflow bug with the descrypting software which I highly doubt. If you're really paranoid you can use Sandboxie or just another computer not connected to the internet.. or run it on a Mac unless somehow they took the time to write the virus for mac too! In that case we are screwed!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join