It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So far this is a interesting saga...

As for the insurance files :

I am a Senior network Administrator and i have to agree with others that the file isn't safe to download anymore. The reasons given about viruses, trackers etc.. are all extremely plausibles.

Players involved are the US Government, all the know and unknow 3 letters agency, Hackers, foreigns country etc... this is not a joke !

So...my 2 cents

You really think that Packetizer the cie distributing AES Crypt is allowed to do business without giving a backdoor to big brother ?

You think your cloaked and safe because you use a anonimyzer software or a proxy to connect to the net ?

You really think your antivirus is fullproof ? Really think the TPTB cannot create a virus, trojan etc... invisible to antivirus ?

EVERY websites you visit log a bunch of data about your computer, i mean alot...and its just for commercial or ranking purpose !

Really think your windows OS doesn't spy on you ? Really think your safe because you turned on InPrivate Browsing on Internet Explorer ?

C'mon If you CAN buy it or use it or have access to it, it mean big brother have some control on it, they never release something public without having access to it...

Alot of people agreed that they are 25 years ahead from general public on every domains, some said they possess alien technology etc...

THAT INCLUDE COMPUTERS ! so ( someone already posted about Quantum computers thx ) QUANTUM computers are real, Artificial Intelligence is more developped than we know, they have computer concept based on human brain topology, organic computing etc...don't forget WE KNOW ABOUT IT meaning they are 25 years ahead !

An Alien tech based organic quantum computer, 25 years ahead of developpement can surely crack a 256 bits AES key no ?

edit on 8/12/2010 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Whats your point?
Can the united states government remotly connect to a computer if it's not connected...No
Can they arrest the thousands and thousands of people all over the world who have already downloaded it...No
Can it phone home if the computer isn't connected?.....No

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Can the united states government remotly connect to a computer if it's not connected...No Can they arrest the thousands and thousands of people all over the world who have already downloaded it...No Can it phone home if the computer isn't connected?.....No

What's YOUR point, i never talked about what you said, where i said they can connect to computers if it not connected ? or that will arrest those who already downloaded it ?

So for you lightbrainer my points are :

- File not safe to download anymore with examples why
- Not sure if a 256 bits AES key is enough with examples why

Thoses are my points

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth

You think your cloaked and safe because you use a anonimyzer software or a proxy to connect to the net ?

You really think your antivirus is fullproof ? Really think the TPTB cannot create a virus, trojan etc... invisible to antivirus ?

EVERY websites you visit log a bunch of data about your computer, i mean alot...and its just for commercial or ranking purpose !

Really think your windows OS doesn't spy on you ? Really think your safe because you turned on InPrivate Browsing on Internet Explorer ?

edit on 8/12/2010 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

So what are these warnings all about?

Why is it not safe to download?
edit on 8-12-2010 by aivlas because: question

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Random facts:

1. Password for Insurance file does not exist, not any hints or riddles.
  2. Insurance File can not be cracked with phrases or nonsensical words.
  3. AES256 encryption can use a 64 hexadecimal block cipher key.
  4. Has the option of Base64 encoding.
  5. AES256 encryption also has three subkeys which are of 32 hexadecimal symbols each.
  6. AES256 encryption also uses pseudo code and an inverse cipher.
  7. You can't crack it, especially with names of asteroids; sorry - but that is wasting your time.

If it's released, everyone will know; it will not be some secret thing.
Nothing to worry about anyway, now that Noam Chomsky is now on the scene.

It would make more sense that the public may receive the key via Twitter, they have like 500K followers on that now; it would spread uncontrollably - the key that is.

EDIT: To whoever is spreading disinformation regarding the insurance file (torrent) being valid. All you got to do is browse back in the official Wikileaks Twitter pages and find the link. It links to a torrent here:

Now is a good time to download some "history insurance" thepiratebay.org... Friday, November 26, 2010 1:04:25 AM via web

It's still there, it's valid; what is all the confusion about?

It has no virus, and if it did it would not matter because viruses can go undetected on any system just by embedding or stubbing it in OllyDBG.

All you got to do is download it from a computer somewhere, place the file in a removable flash drive, transfer it to a computer that has no Network Interface Card or WiFi card. Then apply the key to the file on that offline computer when it is released.
Personally, I would use OpenSSL for applying the key and decrypting the file etc. Use Linux, and due to Wikileaks and the entire scenario, I will say it again; download HTTrack and start downloading your favorite websites because TPTB may suggest Internet.2.
edit on 8/12/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Why is it not safe to download?

Ok...welcome to my ignore list...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas
These might be false positives, and after all it is encrypted with a password. Is the password provided by the OP correct? I have the file but I don't want to risk opening it until I've evacuated my files.

On a newly reinstalled operating system, or a computer system with your files safely copied, disconnect from the internet, and open that baby up.

Forget the internet devils, and know that there are thousands of us. MAYBE MILLIONS!

Oh I got excited again, guess the password might not be out... but could it be code? some sort of mathematical formula that can be found from this youtube password ...

Just don't worry. No fear. They are frightened of what you will read in these files. We are talking about centuries of carefully managed secrecy unraveling because 'they' made the same mistake the Nazis did... They kept records.

edit on 8-12-2010 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
You really think that Packetizer the cie distributing AES Crypt is allowed to do business without giving a backdoor to big brother ?

Actually i do thnk they're allowed to do businesses without putting in a "backdoor" for the encryption and i know that because in the UK GCHQ have tried to crack certain encrypted file containers and have failed multiple times. In fact they failed so much that new laws had to be put in place that basically imprison anyone who doesn't give up their password for encrypted data.

Paranoia can be useful but don't get carried away.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Exactly and if your paranoid download it from an open access point not your home line.

What's the worst it can even do that swapping out the hdd and memory then flashing the bios wont cure.
edit on 8-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Anyone worried about backdoors in windows or that this file has some form of trojan or something should do just as you say, maybe running the decryption program in a virtual box to protect the rest of the computer if they want to be really careful.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Download the file, share it and spread it. Personally I'm really curious how the TPTB is willing to put more then half million and more people to jail. That's going to be a great magic trick.

There is one problem with the TPTB. They're taking themselves way too serious. But there is one problem with this. They cannot be taken seriously at all. They're acting like a stupid, spoilt, low IQ child whose candy was taken.

Seriously, is there anyone here who is still capable to take the TPTB and their threats seriously after all of this? They're the joke of the year already with their present actions.

BTW. Maybe I know wrong, but as far as I know the AES256 system has a backdoor. Maybe someone, an expert should look after it.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Someone on Piratebay posted a link to alleged passwords to decrypt insurance.aes256

By Insurances on the 8th of Dec 2010 02:13:15 PM

http:///sLg7arDw

No return whether they worked or not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I tested all variations now (With and without the number prefixes). They're not working.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

.. ahem ..

Negative... not like I know for sure or anything.. just know..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

In 1996 I had a cell phone... an Ericson that is now old. I also had a friend who worked high level somewhere that I won't say.

One day I was with him in person and he said, "Turn your phone off." I held the red button until it was off. He dialed his cell phone, hit a bunch of numbers, and my phone turned itself on. Then it rang with a caller ID tag that wasn't his phone number. Then he spoke into the phone and every word I heard through the phone was perfectly in a natural woman's voice. (I heard his real voice as he stood in front of me)

That was 1996.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Not trying to be a troll or anything but.....

I would not touch this file now with a ten foot pole now. I have little doubt that many, if not most of the miror sites are unwittingly(or otherwise) offering a trojan file that will give the powers that be the availability to know who has downloaded this file, who is attempting to open it, and possibly anything else on your computer/network. And this is just a best case scenerio I can think of.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid. But it's usually best to err on the side of caution.
edit on 8-12-2010 by HomeBrew because: Speling... :/

That is why several have recommended opening the file in a "sand-box" setup with no communication possibilities, not even wifi that a virus could remote activate and send a signal...

this would be the smart approach to attempting to open this insurance file, because this is so incredibly easy to do, I would doubt TPTB would make such a trivial attempt at "aha gotcha!", when a work around to their whole scheme would be something as simple as unplugging your Ethernet cable and shutting off wifi...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

That's probably the most paranoid post I've ever read on here.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EdwardSlayton

It's true. For my luck I thrown my cell phone away five years ago, because I started to hate that people are called me day by day with their pity problems. So I solved to problems with one click; no more calls and no more tracing. And since that time I live a happy life. If any Government want to trace me beyond the internet, that one will cost much more then a simple phone tracing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwardSlayton
reply to post by aivlas

In 1996 I had a cell phone... an Ericson that is now old. I also had a friend who worked high level somewhere that I won't say.

One day I was with him in person and he said, "Turn your phone off." I held the red button until it was off. He dialed his cell phone, hit a bunch of numbers, and my phone turned itself on. Then it rang with a caller ID tag that wasn't his phone number. Then he spoke into the phone and every word I heard through the phone was perfectly in a natural woman's voice. (I heard his real voice as he stood in front of me)

That was 1996.

Edward Slayton

Yep they have this technology...I know this because...well I have it, and pretty much anyone with an android phone can have it. Its called "Spoof" or "caller ID Spoof" the first 6 minutes are free and after that you have to purchase minutes of use.

Its a simple app that allows you to:

-pick and chose any number you want to show up on the other persons caller ID when you call
-change your voice from male to female and it sounds completely natural not robotic or synthesized...

I actually used this once and called my friend who had a one night stand with this girl he had met.

A couple weeks later I called as her number (which was in his recent call list that I was privy to look at) then switched to woman voice and began to tell him that I was pregnant and it had to be his. I had a very wrong and sinful good time watching him squirm before I told him what was up...

its a very evil program that can do A LOT of damage if people are not aware of those capabilities...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder if there actually is a "password".

Might it be possible that the "Doomsday File"' is setup to scan the internet in such a way that if certain key phrases appear on certain, pre-selected, websites, say within a certain timframe, or with a certain frequency, the "trigger" is pulled and the file(s) flood the web?

A strategy like that could effectively defeat even the most sophisticated hack attacks, since the hackers would have to know what key phrases to use, on which scanned sites, and with what frequency/order.

Say if the Boolian "Assange+dead+mysterious" were to appear on websites operated by Reuters, BBC, MSN, and Drudge within 8 hours of each other, the file would be unlocked and sent to flood the web.

Just a thought.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join