It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Having the file at this point is not a big deal ... consider the fact that the file is EVERYWHERE .. if you check torrent sites you see tens of thousands of seeders which means at least tens of thousands actively have it and are sharing it, it's also on lots of sites as a direct download.. the file is everywhere, to think the government has the resources or even balls to go after all of these tens of thousands of individuals is a bit foolish..

We ( usa ) already look really bad because of what is in the cables, we already have a poor reputation in the world, the citizens are increasingly unhappy, the support for Assange is unbelievable .. to now go after all of the people who downloaded the encrypted file would be political/governmental suicide .. as well as horrible global PR ..

The information is out there now and they know there's nothing they can do about it .. the only goal they would have now is to prevent the key to get out since AES 256 is virtually impossible to break ( not 100% impossible ) .. so they work to shut down all wikileaks sites.. so what happens next? mirrors pop up everywhere .. so the goal then becomes to shut up those who know the password.. they want Assange .. they want him badly.. and when they get him, they'll want to know who else has the key so they can get them too .. the file itself means nothing right now, the key is what they want to prevent from getting out..

I say download it .. spread it .. without the key it's pretty much dead weight
edit on 8-12-2010 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Yep me too. I started to download it, but only got an 120 some kb file because I'd forgotten to turn my torrent manager on. Then I gave it a second thought and decided, since I hadn't d/l'd it when it first came up and before all the attention, it might be best to let it go. Over 100,000 people have it, whatever comes out we will see.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wikileaks already gave the US gov the encryption key so they would treat it seriously.

Has no one else been following this?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If you want to be paranoid, then worry more about searching for the key because lots of false sites may pop up ( and oh, youtube links ) claiming to have ot .. that might show them you're actively trying to open private information.. those could be honeypots..

But on the other hand.. same problem ... if tens of thousands have it, a large part of them are trying to open it .. keep in mind that tens of thousands are just the SEEDERS .. there are probably more like hundreds of thousands who actually have it... downloaded it and didn't seed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Yep me too. I started to download it, but only got an 120 some kb file because I'd forgotten to turn my torrent manager on. Then I gave it a second thought and decided, since I hadn't d/l'd it when it first came up and before all the attention, it might be best to let it go. Over 100,000 people have it, whatever comes out we will see.

Yeah .. the one site I saw had over 10,000 seeders I'm sure others have more .. TPB probably has well over 100,000 for example.. again, just goes to show you that there's nothing to having it .. that would be one large trial .. 100,000+ criminals

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

Then just download onto a public computer (like at the library), pop the file onto a thumbdrive, and then access it on an offline personal computer.

Simple.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by Psymoniac
and i guess the insurance file contains information about everything, third truth, UFOS and secret societys

Yeah ok, well you guessed wrong. The insurance file is just the same boring and meaningless stuff he already has released, without any of the names being redacted. The only documents Wikileaks receives are from low level intelligence personnel that have security clearances to worthless and meaningless classified documents, e.g., the day to day activities of embassies.

It's a complete waste of time.

If it's a waste of time,why do they bother trying to lock him up?
How do you know what's inside that file,have you cracked it?

link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

or sign up with a vpn provider such as ipredator and go that route ... it's far safer than standard torrent..

but again I don't think there's much cause for concern to download the file ... it's too widely spread

link   
reply to post by miniatus

It only takes a few to make an example of. This is probably best left to those that can handle it with confidence.

Have at it. I'm not knocking anyone for trying.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I tried the password using AESCRYPT and it said invalid password. I really can't tell if that is a B at the beginning though or some Latin character. The "B" looks different.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Perhaps .. but a few out of 100,000+ ... is still pretty safe.. however given the extremely public nature of this whole thing, and the negative light the US is already in because of it .. I don't think "making an example" will do any good, it will only hurt more.. Assange has become a martyre before he's even been convicted of a single crime.. imagine being the person convicted for simply downloading an encrypted file... if you're made an example of for downloading this file there will certainly be back lash .. and I don't see the government even daring that..

What I do think is more likely ... if the key gets released, the government will probably go after the first person to post information contained within the leak .. that's a bit different than going after someone who just downloaded an encrypted file.. it's more active a role... more public a role.. and gives them more justification

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Understood. But if they find a way to retroactively charge Assange for being in possession through an amended Espionage Act or whatever loophole they create for themselves, aren't those in possession of the insurance file at risk? A hypothetical, sure, but one that concerns me greatly. I'm probably being overly cautious but that's okay because I'm confident others will come through with info.

Just sayin'....
edit on 8-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by OrphenFire

...but again I don't think there's much cause for concern to download the file ... it's too widely spread

The more I read this quote, the more I cringe... :/

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In regards to Assange and the debunking of Wikileaks, WL is far bigger than Assange and totally irrelevant of what he's done. To be honest, I don't think he's the kinda guy I would drink a pint with, but whatever he's like personally or privately is irrelevant to what WL is all about. He came up with an idea and had the know-how to pursue it and gave us all what we crave for, truth and transparency, and for that I have much respect.

On topic, the only reason I haven't downloaded the insurance file is because I have PAYG broadband (corporate pigs from all angles have found me when on contract) so costs too much, otherwise I'd have it an DVD awaiting right now. I remember a poster when this was first released recommending that people should take care and open this file on an isolated pc and I also remembered seeing on a news report in the last week that the downloads of the file is just above 100,000. I'm saying this to make a point that if the intention of this file is sinister (as most of us are cautious about) then very little damage would be done if that were to be true (most people that have the file will be computer literate enough and cautious enough to handle it in the correct way). So I doubt there being much chance of the internet being brought down or the likes. By now there must be many corrupt copies of the file though, cyber warfare is in effect.

On speculation, I do believe that global changes are about to take effect due to these leaks, even though most of the sheeple around me still remain oblivious. In my deepest of wishes, I hope that the monetary system collapses and even though the hardest times we have known will become of us, I can die knowing that my kids, and their kids, will be building a brave new world with better hope than I ever had.

Peace to all!

'___'

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

Well put! Maybe some good can rise from the ashes.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have two theories about Julian turning himself in.

1: Given the fact that the Insurance file code key hasn't been released yet, I'm thinking...even if he is extradited, it's just a process they are going through in which he and his lawyers believe he will be released after going back to Sweden. Otherwise he would have released the code key by now.

2: If they hold him in Sweden and he knows it, he is "Choosing this fate" as the avenue to release the code key. Meaning; He might KNOW they will hold him in Sweden... at which point he will set off his nuclear device. And you all DON'T KNOW what that means and whether or not entire populations will rise against ALL governments... including Sweden. At which point they will HAVE to release him or face the largest violent mob the Free World has ever seen.

Supporters are taking down freakin' major corporation web sites. This is History playing out before our very eyes. This could be how it all falls apart for the Powers That Be.

Edward Slayton

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i know this aint the real place to discuss the password etc, but could the actual key be in BINARY ? It could be any phrase and converted to binary would give you more characters

eg : the truth is out there
binary: 011101000110100001100101001000000111010001110010011101010111010001101000001000000110100101110011001000000110111101110101011101000010000001110100011010 00011001010111001001100101

Just a thought

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I still think it's true... I'd dl it if I had the space to spare .. I'm a musician and I use terabytes of space for what I do .

Ultimately it's useless to have the file which is why it doesn't scare me .. but that's me

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
reply to post by gandhi

I have heard of youtube altering hits and stuff to make some vids appear unpopular. At the same time it may need a =while to refresh...just saying...

I've seen this YT tampering-hits trick, several times.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The Youtube video is a fake. When the password gets released you won't even know here first. You will probably see riots on your TV if the file is really what it's been described to be... a "Thermonuclear Device."

Edward Slayton

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join