It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Insurance File Password

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Not trying to be a troll or anything but.....

I would not touch this file now with a ten foot pole now. I have little doubt that many, if not most of the miror sites are unwittingly(or otherwise) offering a trojan file that will give the powers that be the availability to know who has downloaded this file, who is attempting to open it, and possibly anything else on your computer/network. And this is just a best case scenerio I can think of.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid. But it's usually best to err on the side of caution.
edit on 8-12-2010 by HomeBrew because: Speling... :/

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I agree. By the time I decided to get my hands on the file, I came to the conclusion it was to late. I'm not normally paranoid either but this one is to iffy to play around with. I'll rely on others for the info.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Assange's 'poison pill' file impossible to stop, expert says:

The Poison Pill. The Doomsday Files. Or simply, The Insurance.

Whatever you call the file Julian Assange has threatened to release if he's imprisoned or dies or WikiLeaks is destroyed, it's impossible to stop.

"It's all tech talk to say, 'I have in my hand a button and if I press it or I order my friends to press it, it will go off,'" said Hemu Nigam, who has worked in computer security for more than two decades, in the government and private sector.

"Julian is saying, 'I've calibrated this so that no matter how many ways you try, you're never going to be able to deactivate it,'" Nigam said. "He's sending a call to action to hackers to try it. To the government, he's also saying, 'Try me.'"

Read more about Nigam's experience and the Pentagon's cyber security

There's a reason Assange specifically announced -- on the Web -- that there is a 256-bit key encryption code that only a few trusted associates know that will unleash the contents of the 1.4 gigabyte-size file.

"He's saying don't even bother trying. It will take you so long to succeed that by that time, it will be too late," Nigam said. "Most of the time, you see a 56-[bit]key encryption. That's considered secure. When you are using 256, you are sending a message: 'I'm smart enough to know that you will try to get in.'"

It's not the first time Assange, the face and founder of WikiLeaks, has asked someone to dare him. He and the anonymous, globally scattered WikiLeaks staff have warned since July's release of Afghanistan War documents that they are not to be messed with. Press them, they say, and they will retaliate by releasing more secret information.

But this week, the stakes got higher. Assange was arrested Tuesday in Great Britain in relation to a sex crimes investigation in Sweden. A British judge denied bail, and Assange is expected to remain in a jail in England for at least a week, officials said.

Assange's lawyer, Mark Stephens, called evidence against his client "very thin" and he will fight extradition to Sweden. Assange has called the rape allegations a "smear campaign."

Often described as suspicious and even paranoid, Assange reportedly refused on Tuesday to be photographed or fingerprinted or have a swab of his DNA taken, all standard procedures for British arrests.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
People also have to remember that Assange is a hacker. Something about this size may also include a computer virus, or it could contain something in which is even more deviant.

Originally posted by HomeBrew
Not trying to be a troll or anything but.....

I would not touch this file now with a ten foot pole now. I have little doubt that many, if not most of the miror sites are unwittingly(or otherwise) offering a trojan file that will give the powers that be the availability to know who has downloaded this file, who is attempting to open it, and possibly anything else on your computer/network. And this is just a best case scenerio I can think of.

Perhaps I'm just paranoid. But it's usually best to err on the side of caution.

Good observations. Even though I clicked on the link, I didn't allow my browser to make a full connection. I quickly stopped all transfers. My mind was say, "STOP! You fool! Assange, Wikileaks, or even the United States government could be tracking this!". I would not go near these files.

*shrugs*

It could have computer viruses, backdoor programs, tracers, etc...

edit on 8-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Download MD5 check from here:

www.softpedia.com...

install it and run, select your insurance file and click calculate md5 checksum, might take a wee while, but it should come back with the md5 as:

94a032849b1f446e3a1ed06cf4867a56

if it does, you have the right file.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
People also have to remember that Assange is a hacker. Something about this size may also include a computer virus, or it could contain something in which is even more deviant.

There's no virus unless the file contains an executable file.. my guess is once you enter the key you will get a big zip archive with tons of docs inside.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattDalpe
There's no virus unless the file contains an executable file.. my guess is once you enter the key you will get a big zip archive with tons of docs inside.

You do know that the password program is an .exe file type? Even though it has another extension, it can still be used as a trojan horse program.

.Zip file are also used in the same manner as a .exe file.

I would not touch this file unless I am 100% confident that Assange and company can be trusted. Personally, if he was able to get the main leaked files through illegal channels, I would not put it past him to do something even more deviant.

I don't trust Assange and Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

My main concern is TPTB tracking the download. I can get around the net stealthy but never entirely sure I am out of sight. No big deal because I can rely on others.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As much as i respect Assange I think he should cooperate with the our police simply because the more he does so he will be released, (not in the wikileaks matter, in the rape area) I mean if I was leader of a country and one of my allies (Sweden) was after some bloke I would take him into custody and even if he was some random guy who hadn’t had anything to do with wikileaks he would have still been arrested and that is the end of it. No matter how we put it that he is innocent, which I strongly believe he is, being accused of rape is a very serious crime! In any country, If a couple girls went to the police and said I raped someone in Sweden I’m pretty sure the UK government would send me back to answer for my crimes. He should just go to court and face the music, he could get a outstanding lawyer to present his case in the courts.

Hopefully he is released soon..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by abaddon6
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

here, get the aes crypt for yourself and try the key ;-)
www.aescrypt.com...

youtube comments say its only part of the key, not the whole but im sure knowing this part could be vital to figuring out the next part(s). lets get crackin people. according to en.wikipedia.org... "99942 Apophis (pronounced /əˈpɒfɪs/, previously known by its provisional designation 2004 MN4) is a near-Earth asteroid that caused a brief period of concern in December 2004 because initial observations indicated a small probability (up to 2.7%) that it would strike the Earth in 2029." the article goes on to say that apophis was once thought to have a chance at passing through a gravitational "keyhole" and strike the earth or moon but the probability was later determined to be quite small. hmmm something about that keyhole thing makes my brain itch
edit on 8-12-2010 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
As much as i respect Assange....

To be honest, I have a hard time respecting the guy...

Sure, I think that there should be more transparency with what the world goverments are doing, but the way he is going about it lurking in the shadows, threats, cryptic messages, ect.. just has me wondering if he too has an alterior motive. At this point, I would not be supprised to see the reason behind all of his actions are something more dark and sinnister than what we are seeing. Just a thought, but what if he is doing this whole wikileak stuff to get the worlds public to the point that anytime he releases something it would be downloaded by millions of people? What might that enable to a known hacker?

Just a thought, one of many...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OMG so many people with no idea about security....

www.stoned-vienna.com... so maybe ALL of our windows systems already got infected by the CIA - so what??? you think microsoft is "good" - think again....THEY COOPERATE WITH THE CIA - remember COFEE www.microsoft.com...

and i guess the insurance file contains information about everything, third truth, UFOS and secret societys because Assange and his crew ARE PENTAGON HACKERS - get it??? thats why they are so afraid...

maybe this thread shows us that we need information about stealth computer systems - i read on current about TOR...g if people think they are safe because they use TOR....there is much more needed to be stealth and remember your EDPC is always logging every letter you type and not your gov is spying on you its a partner like germany is spying for the US and the US is spying for germany (so they dont break laws - ironic)
edit on 8-12-2010 by Psymoniac because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I just tried it, and password is bunk. =/ Not surprised though. Sorry guys.

It is indeed, 'bunk'. lol

I was almost 100% sure it would be,
but tried anyway.

Probably another 4chan/b/tard hoax. lol

Also,
If you don't already have the file,
(like, got it when it first came out)

I wouldn't even bother now.

Seriously.
I also wouldn't touch that thing now.

If you don't already have it..
you're honestly, better off without it.

Especially if you're a M$ window$ u$er. lol

edit on 8-12-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Everyone should support wikileaks, the government is who is corrupt and wikileaks is the only shining light fighting for freedom of information and transparency right now, dont back with the government!! support wikileaks and hope we can be in a world of freedom, where the governments do not control what we know, what we hear and what we see, they do it in more ways than one, they will try to make you believe wikileaks are evil, when in fact its our corrupt mgovernments that will go to any length to get what they want!!!

Stand with wikileaks and help fight for freedom, or forever hold your silence!
edit on 8-12-2010 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely, YES! Freedom of Speach and the freedom to share information is what people need to start relying on instead of the old way of accepting what our government and corporate leaders tell us. Sure, if we get to see with our own eyes the truth in the matter, we may misinterpret it; however that compares little to the misinterpreting done about 9/11 that resulted in thousands of casualties without even a hint of debate. I seriously doubt the fear that the public will develop a "lynch mob" mentality. I do believe if we had more truth and less cover ups, the public just might get smart enough to know the difference between a good leader and a bad leader and impeach accordingly.

I don't know about you, but I want to know things like "US instigates war between neighboring countries by bombing the heck out of one and letting the other take the credit while we send our troops in support of new trade agreements." Instead of the media hype of being patriotic and fighting terrorism that allows the government to FORCE our children into a war that will not help their future but rather, just may end it!

Now some of our representatives in congress are talking about making the internet "closed." Hate to break the good news, but even without the internet, we knew when we were being lied to; we just didn't know fast enough to prevent the problem or had the sources to back up the claims of being misled by our elected leaders.

But here is the most lied about bit of leak info: The leaks about government deals with corporations got Assange arrested. No matter what you or I believe, the fact of the matter is that the government cannot UNDO information once it is out there! But, they can destroy the prrof by erasing the links to the source, make it impossible to use the internet, do whatever they do to eye witnesses, and convince the public that it was all just a crazy conspiracy theorist creating lies to back up the crazy notion that there is something bad going on.

I guess the leaders did not realize just how smart our nerds are. This fiasco does remind us of why this website exists. As far as the password on youtube goes, It was cracked before it was posted and not by a government employee!.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I see where your coming from, I hate the way they are doing it, of corse I would rather a quick job with them just releasing all the juicy stuff out at once but at the same time, would that have the same effect? I mean if they do it bit by bit they would have everyone, such as now waiting for their next release. All at once things might get lost, not picked up on etc.

I really hate the cryptic messages and the hiding part as well as you do, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he released that insurance file with a very badass Trojan, some sort of virus get all of our bank and security details, he could be teeing himself up for the biggest computer hack in history, he is a self acclaimed computer hacker so he knows what he is doing. Even if it happens he can easily blame it on the tampered files that without a doubt have been released when infact it was in the original, i guess we can just wait and see

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparta
As much as i respect Assange I think he should cooperate with the our police simply because the more he does so he will be released

Are you stupid? Seriously, are you?

He will never be released.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psymoniac
and i guess the insurance file contains information about everything, third truth, UFOS and secret societys

Yeah ok, well you guessed wrong. The insurance file is just the same boring and meaningless stuff he already has released, without any of the names being redacted. The only documents Wikileaks receives are from low level intelligence personnel that have security clearances to worthless and meaningless classified documents, e.g., the day to day activities of embassies.

It's a complete waste of time.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by InvalidRequest2011

The page is set to say 0 views. The work of Julian, no doubt.

Wonder why one of the tags is "Thermonuclear"?

Any thoughts?
edit on 8-12-2010 by gandhi because: (no reason given)
The 0 view thing is normal. I remember on a some other video there would be like 2,000 comments and only around a 100 views.
This video now has 3,000 views.
As for thermonuclear that sounds scary.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I doubt there is a smoking gun file at all. Why would Assange even think about holding back "better" files than he has already released? Wouldn't he release the juiciest ones first? If he is as philosophically and morally driven as some people claim, that would be the way to go. And what HAS he released? Diplomatic gossip. Sure, candid talk might stir up some "relationship difficulties," but on the whole none of this is particularly damaging stuff at all. It may end up in a handful of resignations. The soft target list? No big deal. The Obama administration looks clueless? You mean you hadn't noticed?

Remember he was originally going to drop the bomb of he were arrested. Now that he's arrested it turns out he WILL release it in the future, thus stringing out the suspense for as long as he can.

This whole thing is all about Assange. It's his 15 minutes to cash in. There's a lot of fire and brimstone that has been created over this, but precious little substance.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Alot of the posters here sound like my mum, calling me periodically asking if she should click on the button that's telling her she's won money.
With little to no knowledge of virus, computer security and hacking, you're letting your imagination run wild.
In some cases even trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Give it a rest and let others with more knowledge do the work for you.
If the information is accessible, you'll know soon enough.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join