It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions for a NEW Feature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Alex here again. I just wanted to give a suggestion on an idea that came up. I think it would be an extraordinary idea if there was some way a person could enter a thread and click a button that would bring up a new box with every single LINK posted within that thread. The box would be a collage of every single link from the first page to the latest. This would also be a good idea specifically for embedded video links from youtube.com or google.com.

What does everyone else think? Also, if this feature is already available, i must have missed it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Hello ATS!

Alex here again. I just wanted to give a suggestion on an idea that came up. I think it would be an extraordinary idea if there was some way a person could enter a thread and click a button that would bring up a new box with every single LINK posted within that thread. The box would be a collage of every single link from the first page to the latest. This would also be a good idea specifically for embedded video links from youtube.com or google.com.

What does everyone else think? Also, if this feature is already available, i must have missed it.

It should already be on the left hand side of your screen (Tab). I have one but it is disabled
for some reason. I have a suggestion, how about a tab that shows replies to posts made by
individuals so we won't miss replying to a reply someone made in a particular thread? That might
enable us to visit more threads without having so many windows open waiting for someone to reply
to a post or having to keep refreshing a particular thread to see if someone replied to a post?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
. I have a suggestion, how about a tab that shows replies to posts made by
individuals so we won't miss replying to a reply someone made in a particular thread?

Have you tried clicking on "messages" and then choosing the "replies" option?
That may be what you're looking for.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I like the idea,

but from experience what may seem like a simple idea, isn't always so simple technically speaking that is. Not saying it is that hard (I don't know the programing of the site), just saying don't get your hopes up.

Good Idea, I'd like to see them figure out this feature as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

Originally posted by drkid
Hello ATS!

It should already be on the left hand side of your screen (Tab). I have one but it is disabled
for some reason. I have a suggestion, how about a tab that shows replies to posts made by
individuals so we won't miss replying to a reply someone made in a particular thread? That might
enable us to visit more threads without having so many windows open waiting for someone to reply
to a post or having to keep refreshing a particular thread to see if someone replied to a post?

Yes i like this idea a lot too. I understand that coding is difficult, however i am positive the bright minds over at ATS would go out of their way to make the site even better. There is always room for improvement. As a former webmaster myself and ex coder of both html and php, i always embraced folks ideas for adding new things to my websites.

Anyway, the link tab you mentioned is just a title for display. Sort of like an introduction to the following links...
Profile, My Thread, My Posts... ect.

top topics

join