It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We give too much worship to God. Other too much hate for God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
just my thoughts...

I realize some religious humans give too much credit to god: love and worship etc etc

I also realize some hardcore atheist hate God. Hate those who worship and love God....

you know, i recently read something on christopher hitchens about his cancer which has metatistized through out his body from smoking and drinking and you know what he says... something like "if my cancer which leads to my death will make me accept god, I sure will not"... something like that...

I thought wow. people are delusional.

Some people worship God that never has claimed to be God.

and some people despise God that never has claimed to be God.

God has never claimed that he/she was the creator.

I do not really understand the extremely religious and nonreligious people in our world... we argue as if God claimed everything.

No sorry, God never actually said anything to human beings!

WE KNOW THAT AS A FACT!

WE CREATE THIS THING CALLED "GOD"... AND SOME OF US WORSHIP IT, AND SOME OF US HATE IT!!!!

...BUT THE end of the day, God has never said anything to any of us!

we are funny creatures are we not?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hmmmm...Your ranting dude.....I understand your position, yet you make no clear point. I also question the fact that GOD has never said anything to anyone. If you believe in the bible, torah, or the quran? then it states many times how GOD has communicated with people. Now that might not be conclusive evidence for some but it is for many people.

I think your thought are well placed but need to be developed a little more. Give us more than your opinion. Give us an example of how you came to your opinion.

Kudos

Think Question Understand kudos to you develop the theory

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabacura
just my thoughts...

I realize some religious humans give too much credit to god: love and worship etc etc

I also realize some hardcore atheist hate God. Hate those who worship and love God....

you know, i recently read something on christopher hitchens about his cancer which has metatistized through out his body from smoking and drinking and you know what he says... something like "if my cancer which leads to my death will make me accept god, I sure will not"... something like that...

I thought wow. people are delusional.

Some people worship God that never has claimed to be God.

and some people despise God that never has claimed to be God.

God has never claimed that he/she was the creator.

I do not really understand the extremely religious and nonreligious people in our world... we argue as if God claimed everything.

No sorry, God never actually said anything to human beings!

WE KNOW THAT AS A FACT!

WE CREATE THIS THING CALLED "GOD"... AND SOME OF US WORSHIP IT, AND SOME OF US HATE IT!!!!

...BUT THE end of the day, God has never said anything to any of us!

we are funny creatures are we not?

Those were your thoughts as these are mine. WE have all been accustomed to certain things, and some live by it for fear and others with heart. There is no proof and there is.. there is just belief. Its a scary thing. I cannot speak for believers or non, but what I will share is the fear deep in someones heart, that may change their minds in the end.

No one knows. Fear keeps us waking everyday, wondering, in anticipation. I feel for those people that wonder.. guess. Its a feeling that most of us have and will not make our final decision, until we feel its needed.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
Hmmmm...Your ranting dude.....I understand your position, yet you make no clear point. I also question the fact that GOD has never said anything to anyone. If you believe in the bible, torah, or the quran? then it states many times how GOD has communicated with people. Now that might not be conclusive evidence for some but it is for many people.

I think your thought are well placed but need to be developed a little more. Give us more than your opinion. Give us an example of how you came to your opinion.

Kudos

Think Question Understand kudos to you develop the theory

Hmmm, it is not a ranting my friend... God really has never said anything to anyone.

top topics

join