It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Breaking of the Human Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have been contemplating as to why things have been happening so fast lately.

It just didn't make since to me as to why they have been taking over very slowly over the last 100 years making a small change here and there to our constitutions, codes, and legislation.

But lately things have changed drastically in just one year, why?

Today I had an aha moment.

They have successfully completed just about every objective they have set forth to achieve total control and so far have been able to do so right under our noses.

Lately it's been right out in front of us, in order to break our spirit.

Unless they can break the spirit of man, they know for a fact that they have no chance in winning this war they are waging. So now they are set forth efforts to break our spirit, as you would a wild animal.

For warning: If a spirit can not be broken, it is either caged or killed (see Native Americans.)
edit on 7-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thewholepicture

They won't break my spirit and they are going to have to come and get me,
I won't lay down and die for them.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Demoralization is a key step in controlling a society and/or population.

In the U.S. it is done with Economic Hardship, Political Correctness, and instilling the belief that patriotism is bad and that one should feel ashamed to be an American.

Each totalitarian government has their own tactics to break the spirits of their people.

Everyday I feel the pressure to be demoralized and become a passive and submissive shell. I feel the pressure, but t doesn't break me. It fills me with fire and will to stand against it. Sad that many more are demoralized and don't even comprehend how or why.

To Freedom!
To Liberty!
To Equality!
To Justice!

I will not be broken!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D

Whole heartedly agree with you.

Give me Liberty or Give me Death!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

They don't need to break your spirit. They already own the system and you live in this system. So they own you. End of story.

Guys, just understand - they don't care about a smart Joe here and there. I see smart Joes less and less everyday and nobody listens to them anymore. Because dumb people are just... dumb people. And they will give birth to dumb people.
They care about masses. About sheeppies and soon to be sheeppies. Smart Joes are dying at an increasing rate.

Their task - to create next generation dumber and dumber and to force them into their system.
And I must admit - their work are paying dividends. And they are close to victory. Or already won.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Greetings from the High Plains! This is my very first post so please be kind. I looked for this idea on other threads here but could have easily missed it so excuse if this was mentioned elsewhere. OK, here goes...I was planning to visit relatives over Thanksgiving but when I arrived at the airport and had the choice of xray or pat down, I had a deja vu of sorts and said no way and went home. My question is this. Is this the goverment's way of getting us used to pat downs and body scanning and eventually accept it in the name of 'safety.' The airport was packed and everyone seemed so nonchalant about the process. Doesn't it come close to 'illegal search?'Just a thought. Thanks......Jerz

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerzee14
reply to post by Sahabi

Greetings from the High Plains! This is my very first post so please be kind. I looked for this idea on other threads here but could have easily missed it so excuse if this was mentioned elsewhere. OK, here goes...I was planning to visit relatives over Thanksgiving but when I arrived at the airport and had the choice of xray or pat down, I had a deja vu of sorts and said no way and went home. My question is this. Is this the goverment's way of getting us used to pat downs and body scanning and eventually accept it in the name of 'safety.' The airport was packed and everyone seemed so nonchalant about the process. Doesn't it come close to 'illegal search?'Just a thought. Thanks......Jerz

There are a few other posts about this, but you are correct, it is in violation of search laws.

This is why I feel they are using these tactics to break our spirits.

ps. Welcome to ATS

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pitons

They don't need to break your spirit. They already own the system and you live in this system. So they own you. End of story.

Guys, just understand - they don't care about a smart Joe here and there. I see smart Joes less and less everyday and nobody listens to them anymore. Because dumb people are just... dumb people. And they will give birth to dumb people.
They care about masses. About sheeppies and soon to be sheeppies. Smart Joes are dying at an increasing rate.

Their task - to create next generation dumber and dumber and to force them into their system.
And I must admit - their work are paying dividends. And they are close to victory. Or already won.

They don't own jack and they surely do not own me, I am off the grid. Even if
I was on the grid they would still not "own" me, I am free, fought for my and your freedom
only the weak minded will believe that someone owns them. They know this full well, it's
why they they do what they do. Shame on you for believing that someone could actually
own people and shame on them for trying.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Mr. D because: because I did.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is a very good thread and it is important to consider the psychology of demoralization.

Some food for thought (which may be familar to most of you) from George Orwell:

"How does one man assert his power over another, Winston?'"

Winston thought. 'By making him suffer,' he said.

'Exactly. By making him suffer. Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own? Power is in inflicting pain and humiliation. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but MORE merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress towards more pain. The old civilizations claimed that they were founded on love or justice. Ours is founded upon hatred. In our world there will be no emotions except fear, rage, triumph, and self-abasement. Everything else we shall destroy--everything...There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent we shall have no more need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always--do not forget this, Winston--always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever."

-George Orwell, 1984

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jerzee14

4th Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

No search shall be performed without probable cause, this is our Constitutional Right.
Probable Cause does not mean.... a terrorist put a bomb in his shoe, another terrorist put a bomb in his underwear.... so every single citizen is guilty and a potential terrorist giving probable cause to be searched.

I don't believe the new TSA procedures are meant to break spirits. I believe spirits are already broken, that's why the policies were implemented and no major nation-wide hell raising occurred. Spirits are already broken, so this might very well be to get people used to totalitarian policies because we've already been demoralized.

edit on 12/8/10 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

4th Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

No search shall be performed without probable cause, this is our Constitutional Right.
Probable Cause does not mean.... a terrorist put a bomb in his shoe, another terrorist put a bomb in his underwear.... so every single citizen is guilty and a potential terrorist giving probable cause to be searched.

I don't believe the new TSA procedures are meant to break spirits. I believe spirits are already broken, that's why the policies were implemented and no major nation-wide hell raising occurred. Spirits are already broken, so this might very well be to get people used to totalitarian policies because we've already been demoralized.

I believe the will of most is broken, but the spirit is the final piece of the puzzle and the hardest to capture.

in order to capture the spirit it must be fast and demoralizing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

4th Amendment

This is why the country is in the shape it is in, because they have messed
with the Constitution and pass illegal laws. It is probably being done by design
and will only get worse until those that are doing it all get purged from the system
and everything they have done get's undone or we make a whole new form of Government.
I have a feeling this is already in progress.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Mr. D because: because I did

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I don't say they own me. But looking at all these sheeppies around me - they sure are doing a great job. And to convert a zombie back is hell of a job.

The only chance for them to succeed - to make people believe that they can't succeed. And then - surprise, surprise - you realize that you are playing by their rules on a dead end.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

Have you noticed that everything is going to hell in a handbasket the more
rules they try to make? It's because they have no true power. They are trying
to control the chaos they are creating with little success. Oh yes, they will
continue to try.....reminds of an old saying: "Give them enough rope to hang
themselves with"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I sure as hell hope that this is a case. But imo people are getting dumber and dumber. That concerns me. But maybe it's just my wrong impression.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

Their is a big difference between stupidity and ignorance. I think most people are just
too busy with all the make work in daily life to actually pay attention to what is being
done to them. Think about from the time you wake up in the morning to the time you
go to bed, how much time can most people devote to following what is going on with
Government? Not much. No, the people are not dumb, just ignorant of what they (TPTB)
are doing behind the curtain of secrecy. People are waking up and are torn between losing
their semi comfy lifestyles and doing the hard job of kicking the crooks and traitors out
of Government and big business. Methinks we will all soon be forced to deal with that
scenerio one way or another.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well if the majority are so stupid they don't even know their rights, they cannot get angry and revolt when the government tramples them rights, as they have been doing every day for a long time now.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Orwell sure didn't have much faith in us stupid human's as a species.

What a scathing depiction, a horrific account of the future to be. And he isn't very far off at all.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

That moment will be "now or never". Maybe there is hope. I hope.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

You are right about that. It will happen when and if it happens and when it does,
it will be fluid, fast paced and violent. They will never give up their perceived power
willingly, they will try to the last second to keep what they have stolen until it is
wrested back from them. That is the only thing they understand, true power and that
rests with the people.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join