It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... When Are We Going to Hand Over Dick Cheney??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
While the world is totally consumes with Assange's arrest over dubious charges of having sex without a condom/ rape/ err... depends on who one talks to or what you read...and its implications-- no bail being granted, will the rest of the Wikileaks be released...

Over here in this corner, we have Mr. Former Vice-President himself.
Mr. Dick Cheney, who today was formally indicted by Nigeria's anti-corruption agency for bribery.

A clear charge. No "dubious" nature to this indictment.

He and Halliburton allegedly paid over $180 million in bribes to get liquified natural gas plants
built in Nigeria.

Each charge in the 16 count indictment carries a minimum of 3 years in Nigerian prison.

Femi Babafemi, a spokesman for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, declined to comment when asked how likely it was that Cheney would be extradited to Nigeria over the charges.

"We are following the laws of the land. We want to follow the laws and see where it will go," the spokesman said. "We're very convinced by the time the trial commences, we'd make application for appropriate court orders to be issued."

Well, shouldn't he also be the target of an international manhunt then?

Shouldn't Mr. Cheney be extradicted, forthwith, and charged as he stands?

These are extremely serious charges, with no "dubious" quality to their implication.

Are we, as America, to show the world that our citizens, especially those who help former public office, are "above the law", even when charged as this in such a public arena?

As Assange was arrested for his "crimes", it is only fair Cheney be arrested immediately for his, if American government truly wants the world to believe the dog and pony show propoganda they spew, as well as the farce of the "Freedom Press Information" gala junket that they had the gall, today of all days, to announce the US is going to hold in May.

Oh yes, this on top of the DHS messages that will be playing in WalMarts countrywide...
Does this mean if I see Dick Cheney in a WalMart and report it, he will be arrested?

I have had my inner peace disturbed more this past week than in a very long time with the asinine antics going on of late in the world...the duplicity is deep and patently obvious.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 7-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Worms are slimy, and they like to wriggle free. I doubt much will come of this unfortunately. Laws are for us mud farmers, not for war criminal, giant multinational corporation steering cyborgs.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I personally am picturing him reading the news paper and laughing his ass off.

He know's our government will never hand him over, and even if we did, the elites would never let anything happen to him.

He has been one of there best tools of control for decades.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It really fills me with a feeling of helpless disgust.

I feel like I took a crash course in Irony this week.

This topic alone. Assange arrested, Cheney free.

The WalMart DHS partnership.

That ridiculous Freedom of Press announcement today, for the US to host in May...
I seriously hurt my eyes rolling them over that one.

Oh, edit to add the absolute IRONY of Al Sharpton calling Rush Limbaugh a racist and wanting to shut him down...
I cannot stand! Limbaugh.
But, really, Al ???
Pot calling kettle...
edit on 8-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
I personally am picturing him reading the news paper and laughing his ass off.

He know's our government will never hand him over, and even if we did, the elites would never let anything happen to him.

He has been one of there best tools of control for decades.

Sadly you are correct he will probably never see justice done upon him in the flesh.

However his soul will rest in brimstone and sulfer.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
.Naïve....that is the word I was looking for. As your gut is probably telling you......Cheney in an african prison will never happen. Cheney in an american prison will probably also not ever happen. My gut feeling tells me that he is buddies with judges of the supreme court. Buddies in high places that are positioned as a built in fail-save for all people connected with the group Cheney belongs to.

Nice topic tho.....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I prefer.... idealistic.

I realize that I am seeing that which will never happen.
But it should.

And the fact that the American people know it won't and are (myself included) so jaded by our elected
officials that this news just is taken like an aspirin before bed is truly a sad day for us all.

This country is really lost.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If this was you or I...
there would be no story.
Just a quick show trial and, we would simply be locked up.(and forgotten)
But, since it's Dark Lord "shooter" Vader..
It will simply be a minor distraction for tptb,and the sheeple !
a mere blip on the radar screen.
and besides' he can just throw some more
of OUR hard earned tax dollars at them, and cripes'
that's probably what their after anyway !
He will quietly give them back some of the money he "stole"
and everyone will be nice and chummy again.

edit on 8-12-2010 by BrainGarden because: sentence alignment

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh yeah..

A Nigerian indictment...

Now THAT is some trustworthy stuff...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
meanwhile Cheney member of the CFR
laughs at this and probably says something like:

Hey bro, let's go hunting ???

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The thought crossed my mind...

"I hope Nigeria doesn't expect him to apoplogize."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

International manhunt.... wth?? This is not a Swedish arrest warrant. Interpol has no arrest authority. All Interpol does is facilitates information coming from member countries, and in Assanges case they red tagged him, which means nothing more than he has an arrest warrant from a country that is authorizing International Arrest based on Swedish authority.

As any country is able to do, if the legal paperwork requesting arrest and extradition is not valid, its not valid, as we saw with the first arrest warrant for assange.

Do we even have an extradition treaty with Nigeria?

If everything is on the up and up then I say more power to Nigeria.

join