It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets get rid of the patriot act

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

[Wave at Napolitano next time your in a Walmart]
Walmart and some other big stores. Have always had spotters.
These people have looked at and studied "Wanted People Mug's Shots.
Are to call Law enforcement if they see a wanted person. Like the wanted
posters in the Post Office.
I agree, this is bad to be watching all American Citizens. I am going to pay a few
extra cents and buy else where.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

boy oh boy
maybee uprooting myself and loved ones only way to live a free life

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

i have just wachted the video you posted.us thanks for adding it seems fitting for this thred

i cant but feel.com us run of the mill citizens have true patriotic duty to discuss issues like this .
if want a free society we must create it

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

How else do we revoke stuff? Make big enough state level noise and put it on the ballots.

You are on the right track.

USE the system our forefathers gave us and fight from within!

SpartanKingLeonidas suggests things like forming a think tank, forming a nonprofit, running for office.

I for example, in response to the new 1099 rule designed to push small businesses into using credit cards, and transferring MORE wealth and power to the banksters, suggest using the 1099 rule to flood the government with paperwork!

The key is to remember we have been given the weapons to fight TPTB, and no I am not talking about guns.

FREE SPEECH:
Again not protests, they are useless.

I am talking about communicating the information I just gave you on how the banksters and corporations transfer wealth and power from you and me to themselves. How the Patriot Act trashes our freedom. I visit Fleamarkets, Farmers markets and Auctions and handout index cards with a punch list to google. I ask people to tell ten of their friends and to ask them to do the same.

Second:
Take a leaf out of The fully informed jury movement
Inform the public and THEN pass state laws. Remember we have a RIGHT to a trial by jury in criminal matters or in civil matters over $20. AND jurors have the RIGHT to JUDGE the LAW! This is what "case law" is all about.

Informed jury amendments have been filed as an initiative in seven states and legislation has been introduced in the Alaska state legislature....

Today, the constitutions of only two states -- Maryland and Indiana -- clearly declare the nullification right, although two others -- Georgia and Oregon -- refer to it obliquely. The informed jury movement would like all states to require that judges instruct juries on their power to serve, in effect, as the final legislature of the land concerning the law in a particular case....

Those who have endorsed the right of a jury to judge both the law and the facts include Chief Justice John Jay, Samuel Chase, Dean Roscoe Pound, Learned Hand and Oliver Wendell Holmes. According to the Yale Law Journal in 1964, during the first third of the 19th century judges did inform juries of the right, forcing lawyers to argue "the law -- its interpretation and validity -- to the jury." By the latter part of the century, however, judges and state law were increasingly moving against nullification. In 1895 the US Supreme Court upheld the principle but ruled that juries were not to be informed of it by defense attorneys, nor were judges required to tell them about it....
prorev.com...

The Ten Amendment (State Nullification) is another critical issue.
www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

The last issue, and the issue that we really need to push, is the right of recall. If the politician lies through his teeth to get elected and then trashes our rights we get to take him out of office.

The biggest Achilles Heel of TPTB is the local and state governments. TPTB has tried to control it by using controlled "grassroots" organizations called NGOs who lure "Activists" into the likes of the World Wildlife Federation. see: www.ogiek.org...

OH and here is another State Level idea. I really want to see the Federal Reserve - Hung, Drawn and Quartered - but in the mean time this looks like an alternative.

While bank bailouts fatten Wall Street, states continue to battle the credit crisis. In the search for innovative solutions, some political candidates are proposing that states generate their own credit by setting up their own banks.

See:
CAMPAIGNING FOR STATE-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...
THE GROWING MOVEMENT FOR PUBLICLY-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...

The biggest weapon that TPTB has is our feeling that we are helpless. DO NOT LET THEM USE IT!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Never said anything about invading nobody, I think you're the one that needs to get their head out of the sand. I'm worried about getting what I've worked for. But what the hell should I care anymore? 8 more months and I'm done. Then for all I care, we can bend over so China can make us their cabin boy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Never said anything about invading nobody,

Yep, but you decided to jump the gun any assume any military cutting involved your income. Is ending the Iraq war and Afghanistan wars bad for your income? Is withdrawing troops from the many bases we have world wide bad for your income? Our military budget increased by nearly $1 trillion since 2000, and you insist this is all necessary to your paycheck.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

There are more ways than one to skin a cat. Politicans would be afraid to eliminate the spy system on Islamic terrorism but they are also outraged at the mission creep and abuse of Americans, for instance, by the TSA.

First, narrow it's scope to only dealing with Islamic terrorism and make it a felony for any government employee or representative to violate the constitutional rights of any American not involved in Islamic terrorism misusing the powers of the Patriot Act. In addition, caculate Homeland Security's mission creep cost and reduce the budget to reflect a narrow scope of work.

Anything that they do under the Patriot Act must be justified in terms of addressing a specific Islamic threat to the US. They are not to violate the constitutional rights of any American not involved in the radical Islam threat. They are not to train American police officers to violate the constitutional rights of Americans who are not involved in the radical islmaic threat and to actively ensure that it is clear that the constitutional rights of Americans are to be respected by American police authority Homeland Security interacts with.

Bar any employee who has served in homeland security from serving as a lobbyist to the US government for ten years after their employment in Homeland Security. Although they can serve as consultants to the govenrment, they must disclose all financial and professional interests in Homeland Security operations. Make it a felony to maket Homeland Security policy that results in personal gain beyond the government consultant fees and make it a felony for any poltican who benefits financially from any decisions they make involving Patriot Act powers granted to Homeland Security.

In addition, force the executive branch to perform common sense safeguards in reducing the risk of Islamic Terrorism through immigration visa policy, timely deportation of those whose visas have expired, and border control making the money for homeland secuirty contingent on Islamic immigration control. Force Homeland Security to clearly define the Islamic radicals they are after so they don't demonize all of Islam and focus only on radical Islamists who are inspired to violence against the US. Require that they deport any foreigner promoting Islamic terrorism. Require any Institution that receives government money to cut ties with any employee or contractor that promotes Islamic terorism.

All other criminals or criminal gorups within the United States can be handled as they have always been handled - within the limits of the constitution. We are at war under the Patriot Act with one threat - radical Islam.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

No I understand, you want to make this an Obama administration thing or a Democrat thing. People like you spend 99% of your time playing partisan politics and 1% of time giving the Republicans a slap on the hand to keep face. The patriot act was renewed by both sides, not just the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Government wrote it, passed it, renewed it and uses it every minute of every day.

Government.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

"size of the current military budget"

So I can get paid less, thanks. Will really help me support my family. Think about that one. Budget also means paychecks.

I am sure no one wants you guys to get less pay but I am totally sure that a large portion of the military budget is going to secret dark projects that nearly everyone would disapprove of if they knew.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Its NOT only the patriot act, the war and powers act that came after the great depression, and all acts proceeding that are the true acts that cause american repression. People are crying out "we have no freedon and obamas screwed us". Truth be told we've been screwed for a very long time. And we've been broke and repressed for a very long time. Look into these acts for yourself. You'll see!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

thanks that was very informative reply. i gatherd some new and encouraging info from it
-jplaysguitar

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

very good ideas this thred is begining to serve its purpouse.
bringing up things i never thought of
-jplaysguitar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join