It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets get rid of the patriot act

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

its just unsettling thinking wartless wiretaps or imprisonmentover hunch wt ehf is happening

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Resorting to word play. Those are the last breaths of a dying argument. I had you pegged better than that. What a shame.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristSr

It is not word play. It is the truth. And the truth is you are saying nothing. I have nothing to prove to you and if you want examples of how the Patriot Act is negatively affecting myself and everyone else all you need to do is look through thousands of threads right here on ATS. Or read the Patriot Act itself. Or read your own post.

You claim that I have a dying argument and am using wordplay but you are the one that is not really saying anything. And I'm done playing your game.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Redwookieaz because: fat fingers

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Indeed it's guts are quite unsettling. I think really the only option we have, is to clean house. And they will not leave easily. So I think if we are ever to make headway towards a more free society we need to try to educate the masses as to what is really happening.

You of course can't argue someone into seeing things in a different light but we can present them a new angle and show them where to start looking. Then you just have to hope that they catch on a little, and become interested or oppressed enough in their lives to start learning the truth themselves.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
no ones getting rid of nothing. the bastards are too embedded at every level of our existence, and the powers that be ain't givin up no ground. as a matter of fact their going to take it all away from us. they know that they completely control us by welfare,social security, fuel, the trucking and railroad system, and every conceivable thing we hold dear to our pathetic ignorant lives.

if anyone makes a single move, they will for a fact implement marshal law. this is exactly where they are going with this, they've pushed the envelope on every level, so they can force our hand in the name of a national security state of emergency, when we make any move whatsoever.

just as Hitler planned his, just as Stalin planned his, just as china planned theirs. this is how it is done.

resistance is futile. they are monitoring every communication and scanning every section of this country, watching and listening for a single organized move by the patriot citizens of this country. so you all better watch your asses and quit making plans and threats, or they'll soon be crashing in your doors bagging your heads and dragging you out by your feet to the land of no return.

the only way you can spare yourself this agony is to let it go and get the hell out of this country with your lives, and forget this fantasy dream that will never come true.

you all are to blame. you should have crushed them while clinton was in office, during Waco and ruby ridge, while they didn't have their shhit together and the rest of the world was too busy working on theirs.

now the world is all organized together to combat any and all freedom.

too bad so sad too little too late.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I think you fully understood the meaning of my post but tried to make a play on it anyways. A childish act used by desperate a person who doesn't have the intelligence to contribute meaningful dialog to an adult conversation. You seem to take this subject matter personally which is probably the reason you are being such a troll. But don't worry I like trolls so its OK.
edit on 8-12-2010 by JesusChristSr because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by JesusChristSr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Have to agree with the above poster. And add to that, we just elected the Tea Party "Patriots," those freedom loving Repubs in disguise, who are going to make sure the Patriot act is just the beginning.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2010 by jplaysguitar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My best bet is that they will implement more and more patriotic-like legislations and make them into laws, there is no hope for us to get rid of it......yes we can get rid of it if we got back up by an benevolent E.T race.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

sadly you are right . but nothing is set in stone. and i cant imagine myself no wait would never let myself be draged into slavery cant. i am a free soul and have my free will. its what drove me start the thread . we need to be the change we want to see this is my first step at it .

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Southern Guardian

"size of the current military budget"

So I can get paid less, thanks.

Oh ok, so by ending the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, including our bases overseas, we will be cutting into your pay? right? We are paying more than $600 billion on our military, half the worlds military expenditure, and you are sitting here complaining about getting paid?

Cutting the budget does not mean cutting military payment. If you think invading Iran is necessary to your income you need to get your head out of the sand.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by jplaysguitar

The Obama administration had ample time to remove it and make a stand for the constitution, they failed to do so.

The Obama administration didn't have ample time to remove it because they renewed it and extended aspects of it pretty much as soon as they came into office.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
The Obama administration didn't have ample time to remove it because they renewed it and extended aspects of it pretty much as soon as they came into office.

"They" as in the Democrats did not renew it themselves. 93% of Republicans voted to renew it along with 65% of Democrats. Obama signed it in but this was by no means a matter of "Democrats" doing the dirty alone, as you are trying to get through here.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It will never happen.. It should never have been allowed in the first place.. Now options to get rid of it are limited to.. Well I shall leave that to you to figure out.. Am old but not stupid and prefer to remain above ground and free.. You made your bed now lay in it...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There are only 2 ways to get rid of it: a generation spent trying to topple election fraud as the sole priority followed by a generation of paper ballots or violent civil war. Or, maybe there's a 3rd, China comes over and conquers us and The Patriot Act will look like leisurely freedom in retrospect.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by SpectreDC

"They" as in the Democrats did not renew it themselves. 93% of Republicans voted to renew it along with 65% of Democrats. Obama signed it in but this was by no means a matter of "Democrats" doing the dirty alone, as you are trying to get through here.

How do you read "Obama administration" as "Democrats"? Persecution complex much?

I think that's REALLY audacious of you considering I'm the last person you should accuse of favoring any political party.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I think it's weird the poster seems to be considering the Obama administration NOT Democrats although I'd have to agree on a value level that they aren't.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You picked a great subject for your first post... Keep Rocking! I think most of us at ATS agree with your post.. The problem is control... They either have to put up or get out at this point... As the US is running out of $$, the government will have to decide between Guns and Butter... So the control grid, Patriot Act, etc.. will fall apart as can be expected when funds run out..

I have got a feeling that the idea that TPTB believed in.. that the world was coming to an end in a year or two.. turned out to be nonsense... They are trying to figure out what to do next as all their eggs were in that basket.. so there is panic in the Illuminati and other Satan worshipers.. ... looks like we will be seeing their Plan B soon... couldn't be much worse nor more idiotic than plan A..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Declaration of of Independance gives us citiezens the right to overturn a government whom are inforcing laws againt the american citizens will. First and foremost if a mass group would go to the white house with enough copies of the DoI in hand. Give each and every member of the government a copy and have them read it publicly in a televised showing, if they could read it without stuttering and choking, Think about the reactions
Peace to us we need it

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusChristSr
This is pretty ambitious for your first thread. Overthrowing the patriot act is going to be quite a difficult endeavor. Can I ask you why you feel it is important to overthrow this. Other than minor inconveniences, like getting your junk scanned at the airport, how has it directly effected your life or anyone else you know. I know there is potential for abuse but that is true with all power.

You're kidding right? You think the gov is supposed to be able to listen in on your phone calls and read your email follow your internet usage????That's the problem with these bills after a while few realize there was a time when the gov kept in its box (followed the law).Do you abide by the law? Just because you get a govt job you don't get a pass to break the law..

Don' t even bother going to the " if you aren't a terrorist"you have nothing to hide b.s.Its a direct assault on thefourth amendmentYes it came from Bush's time( One of the things that ruined my view of politicians and parties..)
( but written inthe 90's by Joe Biden and set on the shelf until an appropriate "event" happened).

edit on 8-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join