It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Unexplained Fireball over in Northern Georgia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Anybody that knows my post know im a big time believer...

but im sorry those are contrails
I live fairly close to Austin International Airport
so I see those on the daily...
not to say I havent seen what witness couldnt explain...
those are contrails

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
Anybody that knows my post know im a big time believer...

but im sorry those are contrails
I live fairly close to Austin International Airport
so I see those on the daily...
not to say I havent seen what witness couldnt explain...
those are contrails

If its that apparent step outside and take some pics for comparison. They'll either be shorter and faster, or longer and less brilliant. In no instance will they radiate light from an internal source. That skyline has plenty of objects capable of refracting beams of light from the sun: a plane, vaporous clouds, the trail from the plane. They may be contrails, but I challenge anyone to back that claim with reasonable comparative footage.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
reply to post by Pauligirl

Generally I will take that observation and tend to kind of agree with it although this particular video begs to question for me, if it is simply a contrail..then why does the Jumbo Jet that clearly flies across the screen not have a Chem-Trail also?

It looks to be lower.
contrailscience.com...
"The planes leave different trails because the planes are at different altitudes."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Folks, add me to the "it's only a contrail" crowd. No, I don't have photographic evidence to show you similar shots, but I do have 30 years of flight experience (still flying for a major US airline by the way).

As much as I would love to believe that it is something else, it is merely a contrail. For those of you who question, look at the entire video. Another jet contrail is seen coming from right to left.

Also, the jet from left to right doesn't make a contrail because it is flying at a lower altitude.
edit on 12/8/2010 by JoeBarna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howtosurvive2012
If its that apparent step outside and take some pics for comparison. They'll either be shorter and faster, or longer and less brilliant. In no instance will they radiate light from an internal source.

Here is an image of shorter, just as brilliant contrails from a different source. You can clearly see the plane creating them, they are double trails just as in the video. The only difference is the shape because the pland is travelling a slightly different direction.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Nobody even mentioned the color of the contrail from the other plane.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Contrail.

Sunlit.

A "short" trail, opposed to a long-lasting lingering one. The duration of contrails vary depending on atmospheric conditions.

Photo example (from another ATS thread):

www.kolumbus.fi...

And, another:

www.kolumbus.fi...

This one, taken from another airplane, behind and above, slightly. Much closer up, of course, hence more detail than in the UTube video, which was obviously filmed from the ground....of a jet about seven to nine miles away:

img408.imageshack.us...=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Same as one posted by "youdidntseeme", just above a few posts....)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another "short" contrail, from the air again. Close up, but without the effects (and colorization) of the low Sun angle:

www.brianwhittaker.com...

Here, a video in time-lapse....different path and angle of view, as the airplane passes (compared to the one in Georgia):

And, another at 20X speed...(visit the UTube links, and read comments):

:

edit on 8 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Nobody even mentioned the color of the contrail from the other plane.

Good point. Seeing as how the colors are almost exactly the same, one can surmise that they are the same material and lit by the same source.

Long contrail and short contrail would appear to be the same color because they are both composed of water vapor condensation in the atmosphere, and are both lit by the setting sun.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

Whatcha gotta say now?
Seriously....use some common sense and do just a bit of investigating before you start bashing.
You made yourself look foolish.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Its threads like these where I ALMOST start sympathizing with all you skeptics...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Contrail. No fancy debunking needed, one has only to look at the contrail produced by the jet that enters from the right side of the video. The color and intensity of both are identical. This is a common phenomena and has been thoroughly investigated. Thanks to all who posted links which clearly demonstrate what is really happening.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

Whatcha gotta say now?
Seriously....use some common sense and do just a bit of investigating before you start bashing.
You made yourself look foolish.

Look Jerky, I said there's a possibility its a contrail. A few people chiming in to support you proves nothing. I attack your method of response to the original post, and defend the person who took the time to be interested in the phenomenon. Respond in an educational way; instead as a condescending prick, and maybe you'll get your point across better.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
Ugh....here we go again....It's a contrail.

That's a duechbag way to state a case. Don't discourage others; they're must have been a time before you knew everything. (That's a joke, in case your so self absorbed you don't see that) People have to start somewhere. A comment like that could discourage that person forever. The less people we have supporting alternative thinking, the closer we are to mental imprisonment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join