It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A disturbing dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Now, dreams are dreams, but there was one dream my dad had that sort of lingers.

In mid-'93, my family moved into a beautiful new home in the Seven Oaks housing division in Alpharetta, Georgia. An absolutely awesome place, I tell ya! Our home was one of the first built too. Anyway, we moved in. On that very first night, my dad had this dream he was walking around the house when he got to the back and saw three guys in black robes, who then ran off into the dark woods behind our house. Freaky.

Fortunately, nothing ever came of the dream and my dad put it behind him. But it always did bother me. Why did my dad see three guys in black robes in his dream? And considering it happened only at that house, was there something about the house as well? Regarding the house, it's interesting to note that the house had about six different owners after we left (we stayed there for about a year). According to friends, nobody stayed for more than a year. Last time I visited Georgia, the house looked empty.

What do you all think? This has really bothered me, why the dream had three guys in black robes. I'm just glad nothing bad happened, but I'm afraid I might have the same experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
If the dream bothered your dad, then he probably attached more meaning to it than "3 men in black robes." I don't see how the memory of a dream about 3 men in black robes could linger throughout the years. The bottom line is that his not telling you everything. Some things are better left unsaid. No reason to make life more complicated than it already is.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
If the dream bothered your dad, then he probably attached more meaning to it than "3 men in black robes." I don't see how the memory of a dream about 3 men in black robes could linger throughout the years. The bottom line is that his not telling you everything. Some things are better left unsaid. No reason to make life more complicated than it already is.

Well thanks for scaring me even more!:bnghd:

Although I fail to understand your statement that you don't see how such a dream could linger throughout the years. I think it's something we'd have to experience to know what it feels like.

I mean, I hope you don't experience it, but just imagine purchasing a dream home in a dream neighborhood and seeing three guys in black clothing in your own backyard (in a dream of course) ON THE FIRST NIGHT AT YOUR HOUSE no less!! I'd be surprised if that didn't bother somebody.

That house was something my dad worked hard to get for us. I was very thankful for it (it was an awesome home), and I know my dad wanted it as much as we did. So just think, he gets what he wants but his dream shows him something disturbing. That is cause for worry. He worked so hard for this and suddenly he feels like we shouldn't be there.

join