It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winnipeg court grants bail to Graham James (Previously convicted in the past)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

CTV.ca News Staff Date: Tue. Dec. 7 2010 7:44 PM ET Disgraced hockey coach Graham James has been granted bail as he awaits trial on nine new sexual abuse charges. The nine charges allegedly involve three different people, including former NHL star Thereon Fleury, between 1979 and 1994. The decision was read by provincial Judge Rocky Pollack in Winnipeg late Tuesday afternoon. Final bail conditions won't be set until next week and the former junior hockey coach will remain in jail until then. A publication ban is in place to protect the victims, but Fleury has identified himself as one of the accusers. Most of what was said in the bail hearing is covered by the publication ban. The Crown opposed bail being granted from James. Fleury told CTV News Channel he was "disappointed" by the bail decision. "We look to the justice system for leadership but today I think leadership took a backwards step," he said Tuesday evening. "Things need to change. "Today, something that shouldn't have happened, happened." James was present at the bail hearing, wearing a pair of baggy grey pants. The once hefty coach appears to have lost a lot of weight and his grey hair is thinning. James, 58, returned from Mexico in October to face the charges after a warrant was issued. In 1997, James received a three-and-a-half-year sentence after he pleaded guilty to hundreds of sexual assaults involving a pair of hockey players he used to coach. Ten years later, he was pardoned by the National Parole Board. The Canadian Hockey Association, the governing body now known as Hockey Canada, permanently banned James from coaching hockey again in 1997.

Link

Some of you may be familiar with this sicko, he has done many unspeakable things to many boys that were under his trusted supervision and he took advantage of them. More allegations come out and they grant him bail, what the heck is he doing out in the first place.

You don't want to hear what I think you should do to creeps like this...

I know some will say that he paid his debt to society, and I do agree with rehabilitation in rare cases, but this is a farce.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And to make this worse they will probably find some obscure statute of limitations to let him off the hook. I am no expert on Canadian law and maybe I watch too much Law & Order, but I am used to dirt bags like this getting away with this garbage for too long now. Our judicial system that is there to protect us, makes a mockery of us. Anyone here know of any laws that can put this loser away

edit on 7-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I guess this type of news is just acceptable now days, and we can let convicted sex offenders out in the streets, while people who steal food to feed their families serve longer jail times. The logic defies me

new topics

join