It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC Push to Sovietize Broadcast Media in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm so glad that these new world order vipers are being exposed by ATS and other great sites like Prisonplanet.com

This absolutely should make you sick to your stomach as an American. This FCC Commissioner actually wants to fully control the news and decide who gets to report it! Taken to its logical conclusion, this would mean the end to Alex Jones and ATS since they would not be pushing the government lies.

The only people that would be allowed to broadcast the "news" I mean "propaganda" would be shills that were paid billions of dollars to do so as we found out in the last releases from the FED where they gave billions to the lamestream media.

Imagine all networks telling the big lies that MSNBC tells about how WONDERFUL our illegal puppet President Barry Soetoro is! LOL

Amerika is gone! It's time that we take back our cities and states and ignore all edicts from this criminal illegitimate banker owned government.

Did you ever believe that Amerika would be giving you Terror Alerts from the Checkout Counter at Walmart and
now wanting to COMPLETELY control ever aspect of the media?

This country is a total joke now!

edit on 7-12-2010 by GlennCanady because: grammar mistakes

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

You know, all this is starting to smack of utter desperation on their part.

But on second thoughts, could this be a move to get rid of Zionist control of the media?

second

edit on 7-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I guess I can somewhat relate or understand what he is saying...we do not have news anymore..when you have stations like fox and msnbc you have to understand that both satisfy one agenda or another...it's more often than not opinion...the stations are all about sensationalism...lines are more often than not misleading and for the minimalist reader some folks dicuss stories or jump to conclusions just from headlines...retractions for most papers are burried in obscure locations..most media outlets like the idea of controversy for better or for worse. I know folks are suspicious and at this point how can you not be but it is not news if it has a political agenda behind it and that needs to change...a await the slings and arrows calling me a disinformation person..be gentle I cry easy

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I can agree with your take on this guy as well. I was thinking the same thing. At face value it seems perfectly reasonable that our "news media" should be held to account for the crap they are feeding us and calling it news. But, and there is always a but when talking about more govt control. There is a slippery slope here and we may already be sliding down it anyway.

It has gotten to the point that even speaking your mind about things could lead to your being called a racist even when what you say may be taken out of context by just one person. That is all it takes, one person to ruin your life when they spin it around and post it on the net with your name tagged next to it. At which point something as stupid as a feeling taken out of its original meaning has gone viral. Then people that may associate with either side of the view that has been published on your behalf I might add are fighting with each other.

Sorry for the rant guys. For me, this whole talk of news and opinion and politics has a goal which is to keep us divided. If we are divided we will surely fall. If we are united we are stronger and stand a chance and not being bullied. I think we are very divided right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

Well said...when you put it like that it's like being a child who is abused by both parents....what do you settle for the mental abuse from one parent or the parent that doles out the physical abuse...that's quite the pickle..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Come on guys, do you ACTUALLY think this FCC guy wants to put on REAL news like Fluoride is DEADLY, Vaccines are killing people, Aspartame is a neurotoxin, FEMA camps are real etc? No, of course not, the government NEVER tells the truth. If the FCC gets to decide what you see, it will get 100 times worse than it already is. About the only thing good right now is that Faux News is exposing the Obama evil. Of course when a Republican puppet gets back in next time, all the criticism will go away just like it did for 8 years under Bush.

The only way we'll ever get real news on the TV is if Alex Jones gets a satellite TV station someday. He's the only one in the truth movement that even has a chance for that in the future.

I hope all of you out there are spreading the truth through facebook. I went from 150 to 5,000 friends on there and have woken up a LOT of people like that. Wake them up on ATS, facebook, and everywhere you can.

If you want to see how we can change things, go look in the mirror. YOU are the key. Watch these videos on the Divine Matrix. I am using this technology to start literally changing the Matrix. The first video shows people curing cancer in 3 minutes! I think many in the truth movement will see the value in this technology.

www.project.nsearch.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I think some people might be a bit confused by this. The FCC only has authority concerning over the air transmission (people who dont have cable/satellite/etc).

They could not touch anything that is cable, since its private.

With that being said I think the FCC head should be hit in the head with a tackhammer for even lending voice to thought on this.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
U.S media prints more propaganda and rubbish than pravda ever did.. Been that way for years.. Guess now amerika getting an official ministry of misinformation to keep the state running smoothly..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Is that some sort of clever propoganda working in reverse psychology or do you really beleive what you typed?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
He is identifying a problem that is valid. Its his solution that is wrong.

Problem: Lack of quality in depth news. Channels catering to particular agendas filled with biased op ed pieces and a lack of even the pretence of journalistic integrity. This is because the news channels are only there to make money. Controlled by a select few large conglomerates. If they can make more money peddling lies that you want to hear they will. As political discourse is driven through the news the effect of this on polarising society is non trivial.

Solution: More Govt oversight

No, the solution is a free internet and a population taught to think, to research and to question. Give the people the tools, the facts and let them think. All the airbrushed anchors and demagogues can go pound sand.
edit on 12-12-2010 by justwokeup because: typo

new topics

top topics

join