It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie claims: I know how AZARIA Chamberlain died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For all us 'oldies'...

I quote,
"AZARIA Chamberlain was killed by a dingo and her body hidden by men camping rough near Ayers Rock, one of the group has sensationally claimed.
An elderly Melbourne man says he shot the dingo that killed Azaria and then retrieved her body from its jaws.
Frank Cole also believes Azaria's body may have been buried in a Melbourne back yard by one of his mates."
news.com.au...

This was a big case in Oz during the 80's
Sanc'.
edit: context

[edit on 3-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
After reading the newspaper this morning i think there is somthing to the mans story about what they did on that shooting trip. They say the "truth will out" and i hope that is a case of it now because if the family of the dead baby was truly innocent 20+ years of people thinking you where guilty of killing it is disgusting.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is this the one where it was a small baby taken by dingo's and the mother got the blame? Wasn't there a movie about this with Meryl Streep playing the mother? Why did the hunters not come forward and tell what happened way back then?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thats explaned in the news link mate they thought they would get the blame for the killing somehow basically so they kept quiet. Yeah it was a movie the title of which slips my memory.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The movie was A Cry in the Dark.

Interesting, if a little suspicious. Would be nice if they could locate the remains, might be tricky to determine a definitive cause of death after 25 years though.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When the film was released in australia it was called i thought "Evil Angels "
and in the US release called "A cry in the dark"

Heres a link to the movie
wwwmcc.murdoch.edu.au...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If they find the remains, it would be quite easy to tell if the cause of death was by a dingo or not. Bones leave alot of traces of death that you wouldn't suspect! Byrd should be able to explain alot of this quite easily.

For example, if a dingo was the cause of death (simplest one to determine), there would obviously be teeth scrapes on the bone, as well as possible crushed ribs or even a fractured skull. From my observations, predator animals like to carry their smaller/medium prey by the head so that the limbs fall back naturally and don't snag up on stuff.

Should get Byrd in here... I'm not quite in the mood to bug my GF to relay me info, lol... (she's an anthropologist as well).

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
If they find the remains, it would be quite easy to tell if the cause of death was by a dingo or not. For example, if a dingo was the cause of death (simplest one to determine), there would obviously be teeth scrapes on the bone, as well as possible crushed ribs or even a fractured skull.

Spot on Earthscum. There must be fragments of her skeleton, and IF they are ever found
this case would proceed toward closure.
I was discussing this with my bro' last night and he just said *to the tv*,
"where is the remains" at 90 db.
Sanc'.

top topics

join