It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wikileaks a means for internet control??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Since wikileaks has been leaking sensitive government documents on the internet do you think that all of this has been masterminded to end internet freedom as we know it?? In America the FCC is trying to seize control of the internet and there is a lot of talk about more internet control. Also seems like the charges on assange are trumped up. I am not saying I agree with hacking and distributing classified information but it just seems all too fishy. Something like this justly doesn't happen without tptb knowing it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's certainly controlled a large amount of the thread content of ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think it's def going to and being used as a means for further control on the internet.

Also, from last week, I feel it was also being used as a pretext to war.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

If this happens, if we lose the freedom on the Internet, we must blame ourselves because we let this happen. We must stop blaming others and start looking at ourselves and our passivity toward the things that are happening. We must fight for our rights and not blaming this or that. If the internet ceases to be free because of Wikeleaks, this means that we were never really free. Everything depends on us, the people.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
YES YES YES

One way or another they will use this as a form of controlling the internet.

Just give it time and they will use a site (similar to this one) as a way a "terrorist" learned how to make some sort of weapon.

This will of course cause an outcry from the "people" to shutdown sites like this, and now the government has means to do so without court order.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

definite possibility---but whay are they going thru all the brain damage---what difference does it make at this point? even if not ptwere they would use it for their own means anyway. dark cable about to implode? maybe its their last hurrah?? things are getting more predictable by the day.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sky News had a bit of discussion about it today, the talking heads view was that almost certainly will mean some new laws to curtail the internet
and with the recent anon attacks how it was almost a "wild west" which made me
at the thought..

Still sadly the outcome is going to be some Govs trying to control the net.. Not sure if they'll win tho as | can't help but feel this incarnation of society is on it's knees and just about right for a huge change (I hope in our favour)

edit on 8/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

top topics

join