It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2036 - the mother of all asteroids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

You can stop this FOOLISHNESS right now!!!:

im praying for all of you right now

Leave me out of your beliefs in the invisible sky monster. Or, Purple Spaghetti Monster. (Not much different, after all, than the several hundred other cultural "beliefs" is some "thing"....)

And, someone else mentioned "fear mongering". You really do not know that term?? Odd, because it has been one of the basic tenets, and ploys, of most religions, throughout Man's history.

"OBEY!!! Lest you be smote!!!" "Burn in eternal hell and damnation!" THOSE are all fear-based "threats", designed to scare the pants off people, and get them to toe the line of religion.

Fear mongering. Been a very successful (and profitable --- look at the Vatican) business model for thousands and thousands of years......

....even today? Outside the religious aspects (although they dovetail occasionally), this "nibiru" crap. AND "2012". AND "chemtrails". It just never ends...same junk, re-packaged to manipulate the weak-minded, gullible, and ill-informed masses....

edit on 8 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Not trying to get all new-agey in this thread, but, Apophis has reminded me of Mother Shipton's prophecy of the Dragon's Tail. This visitor near the earth in our future that comes close on first pass which has some effects and on the second encounter does much more damage. But I could be wrong

What's interesting too is the variety of data about this object.. different claims for size and outcomes. No matter what happens, or doesn't, it will be an excellent thing to observe as it wooshes by.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I suppose someone will tell me if i pray, this asteroid will disappear?

Apparently we will all be dead by then anyway...2012 anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden

It is very unlikely that the asteroid Apophis will impact Earth in the foreseeable future. It will pass close to us on April 13th 2029, and again in 2036. There is a small chance that on the first of the two visits, the effect of the Earth’s gravity will dangerously alter Apophis’s trajectory, resulting in impact in 2036. The odds of such an impact are currently estimated at 1 in 45, 000.

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
the old articles in there from 05/07 do indeed all buy say its unlikely, however! now the chances are far greater

So the odds were 1 in 45000 before, what are they now?

And have the odds really changed? Or have the odd stay the same in reality, and it's only our estimate of the odds that has changed through improved observation? I suspect the latter, at least until the 2029 flyby when the odds themselves really will change. That's when we will know what the real odds are for a 2036 impact as Weedwhacker said.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Gee wiz...... aren't you the bearer of good news lately..... what shall we People do.... run for the Hills?

Personally.... I think you need to give this doom and gloom a rest..... turn to the Comedy channel or do some meditation.... anything but these Armageddon nonsenses.

Trust me...... tomorrow will come........ if not, sue me

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
to the OP, Rabbi

i am sorry but i agree with the poster above me ^^^^
how many doom, fearmongering , sensationalist threads are you going to make this month ??????

you should go out side and enjoy nature and chill out a bit ....

edit on 9-12-2010 by snoopyuk because: sp

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

star for you ,
and have added you as friend.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Thank you Snoopyuk

Have added you as well, hope you get to see and enjoy the Geminid Meteor shower on the 14th of this Month..... no big Rocks, no end of the World...... just a lot of dust

Regards

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

add to that the inflammatory crap about islam in the 'urgent run away!' thread which seems to have vanished!

btw rabbi how goes it with the kommitat over in your russian commune?
f

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
this is truly a huge threat.. even 1 in 1000 is a huge threat, seeing as if we are unlucky enough to be that small 1 in 1000.. this is it, the world is over

so yes i think people should be taking this more seriously

People are taking this seriously, otherwise they wouldn't be so busy trying to figure out how to make it go past us, instead of hitting.
godssecret.wordpress.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.theregister.co.uk...
www.theinsider.org...

If the plans to deflect it for some reason don't work, and it does hit us, no amount of preparation, running for the hills, hiding in caves or underground is going to help anyways.

Enjoy today. Stop worrying about a future you might not be able to change. Leave that to the experts that might find a solution.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just got done studying this, this I believe if we are still alive and in a civilized form this maybe something that can create some serious changes in the way of life for sure. This will be like the movie Armageddon in real life. Yet the size of it is no where near the level of extincting life but big enough to wipe out a city perhaps. Oddly enough thou the concern would be whether or not it hits the oceans of this planet since that is the majority of the face of earth, which would make one big tidal wave., that would effect more then a city.

Just saying. the new 2012 will be 2012 v2.0 2036

edit on 16-12-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

While I get the concern, it sounds like many of you are trying to hype this up as an end of the world type event--it actually seems like, as usual, many ATSers are rooting for it. However, while this would do some serious local damage, an end of the world event is highly unlikely, and given that we know about it so far in advance, we should have the ability to evacuate anyone in that area. While this would be bad, I'm pretty sure we would survive and bounce back in fairly short order, as the entire planet would unite to help rebuild the lives that were affected by such a tragedy. And maybe, just maybe, it might get us back to being serious about space again. Wouldn't it be cool to see another "Space Race" with today's technology? Sending humans to Mars, the martian moons, maybe even orbits around the gas giants or Venus? Think of the possibilities.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

soooo..u didnt gop to russia?

what happened man?

asteroid probably wont hit is my opinion..no doom..sooowwyy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join