It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria Files Charges Against Cheney in Halliburton Bribery Scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Nigeria Files Charges Against Cheney in Halliburton Bribery Scheme

www.truth-out.org

Dick Cheney is officially a wanted man.

The former vice president was charged by Nigerian officials Tuesday along with eight other individuals in a bribery and conspiracy scheme over the construction of a liquefied natural gas facility in the country that took place while Cheney was chief executive of Halliburton.

Halliburton and its one-time subsidiary, Kellogg, Brown & Root (KBR), were also charged. KBR, which also has handled lucrative US government support contracts for US troops in Iraq and elsewhere, was spun off from Halliburton in 2007 into a separate company.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.presstv.ir

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
While the odds of the US cooperating with extradition of a former VP would be a shocker, it will be interesting to see how this whole investigation unfolds.

A close associate of Cheney's while he was running Halliburton, Jack Stanley has already plead gulity to charges and faces fines and jail time.. :correction, Stanley has plead guilty to Federal bribery charges in the US, ..will be sentenced in Jan.. Stanley is also included in the Nigerian charges.

Making the question below moot..

Could his sentence and penalty be reduced for some evidence against his former boss?

However, what are odds of Stanley being turned over to face trial in Nigeria? same as Cheney's?

More reason to believe that the government is for the corporations and by the corporations..

www.truth-out.org

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Tue, 07 Dec 2010 19:04:31 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: correction of story details, apologies..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just find it strange that all in a period of 24 hours we had the ‘run on the banks’, arrest of Julian Assange, and now an arrest warrant issued for Dick Cheney.

I don’t know if they are all somehow connected to each other but it does raise eyebrows. If they are in no way connected then I guess this was just one heck of an eventful day.

Now in regards to actual extradition I would not hold my breath. Dick Cheney will continue his residence and will never be extradited nor tried in US courts. There will be no justice for the Nigerians.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this will probably go nowhere. However, it's nice to see that at least one Government has balls.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When I saw this the other day, I thought, "good, now justice can be served". However, I'm not so sure that I like this idea. I know that sounds pretty crazy, though we are the ones that should be filing an arrest warrant and not for some simple bribery case either.

I think we all know that this particular warrant won't go anywhere and surely Cheney won't be called to account for whatever it is he is being charged with over there. Unfortunately, this just may help Cheney, as it gives him an oppurtunity to make Nigeria pay or to make an example out of Nigeria for even trying. I fear that this will ultimately deter others from even thinking about bringing charges against Cheney for the mountain of alleged crimes that he has committed, most upon the American people.

With that being said, I'm sure that there will never be an American arrest warrant for Dick Cheney, as we are too far down the rabit hole for that. These little charges just may be our only hope to see justice done, though the odds are so great that justice will be lost once again, I certainly wouldn't hold my breath.

This particular charge brought by Nigerian officials, hardly spans the spectrum of what I'm sure this anti-thesis of American liberty has done.

Regardless, I'm sure that some back-door deals are in the works and some heads will roll, though unfortunately none of those heads will have that greedy little smirk which tells us its Dick's.

--airspoon

edit on 7-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
As it currently seems Nigeria's main export is the email scams trying to get you to send your banking information, I doubt Mr Cheney is too worried about this..

I know I would not give a hoot personally..

Just another small, insignificant country trying to make the headlines.. In my opinion of course..

new topics

top topics

join