It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed services are urged to stock kitchens with Gulf seafood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
www.nola.com...

Navy Secretary Ray Mabus, who doubles as President Barack Obama's point man on Gulf Coast oil spill recovery, is pressing America's armed services to consume as much Gulf seafood as possible.

So we send our troops to fight two extremely stupid wars and now we use them to shore up an industry by encouraging them to eat perhaps toxic food. This is just wrong on so many levels.

In a meeting Monday with Ewell Smith, executive director of the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board, Mabus reaffirmed his commitment to using the tools at his disposal to help the Gulf seafood industry recover from the damage the BP oil spill has done in reality and perception. The board is gearing up for a large-scale national marketing campaign, with $30 million in BP money and millions more in federal dollars, to reassure restaurants and markets across the country that Gulf seafood is sa

www.care2.com...

"He expressed what we wanted to hear: He is in favor of the federal government buying seafood from the Gulf," said Smith, who said he would like to see Gulf seafood as the choice throughout the public domain, "whether it's the military or prison systems or school systems."

And feed that potentially dangerous **** to our kids.
edit on 7-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why would they be specifically urged to eat Gulf seafood? I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Why would they be specifically urged to eat Gulf seafood? I don't get it.

Because the Gulf seafood lobby has pressured, promised campaign funds, women, golfing trips, superbowl tickets, to the very one's we elect to represent us. Bribes!

We truly do have the best government money and perks can buy...citizens be damned!
edit on 7-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Come buy your Soylent Ocean.

NOW VASSALS!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Because of the BP spill the economy in the area (much of which relies on seafood) took a beating. Of course, the seafood itself took a beating as well.

Naturally, the public has fears if the seafood is safe and is steering clear in many cases. So, people (and politicians) in the area are making noise of either "give us $ or eat our sea-food!"

The government said - What can we do?!?! I know - we'll urge troops to buy it!!"

Its a knee jerk response to a bad problem that the government doesn't want to acknowledge that will end up hurting people in the long run.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
They have bribed politicians into doing this. They know that the civilian buyers of their seafood won't buy it because they aren't stupd.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Is this latest insanity a part of their insane depopulation programme?

second
edit on 7-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
They have bribed politicians into doing this. They know that the civilian buyers of their seafood won't buy it because they aren't stupd.

This is an executive branch decision. It is being done to miminize the public's awarness that the sea food is being rejected and the industry is failing. That is a political decision so Obama does not have to deal with complaints about the way he handled the Gulf spill and does not have to face scrutiny on his administration's inactions dealing with BP's drilling problems leading up to the spill.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It does sound like their usual kill two birds with one stone agenda.
Make the dosh and then let them die.

Can't believe how the military are blatantly used as guinea pigs, from vaccinations to this kind of stuff.
I wouldn't join the military for a million dollars, seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by wcitizen

It does sound like their usual kill two birds with one stone agenda.
Make the dosh and then let them die.

Can't believe how the military are blatantly used as guinea pigs, from vaccinations to this kind of stuff.
I wouldn't join the military for a million dollars, seriously.

It's inhumane the way they use them. These people just seem completely devoid of any feelings or empathy or caring towards others. It's freaky.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This thread needs a bump...kinda like the OP needs one to the head.

j/k whaaa...good stuff.

To those aware: take note of the subject matter of this thread...put aside the fact that our government uses it's G.I.'s in any way they deem fit to "maximize" our assets, they also appear to influence specific markets at critical times via whatever resources they require - hence, their own people.

Sometimes threads get buried...let's not make this another one.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

this is a new low. actually i remember stories of chemical, diet, physical and mental experiments on our own troops so it could be worse.

yet i find myself wondering why i gave 5 years of my life, 2 in combat, to this country. not jumping ship but it appears no one is bailing water. we forget what made this country great.

appreciate the thread op

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

This is an executive branch decision. It is being done to miminize the public's awarness that the sea food is being rejected and the industry is failing

i see your point clearly. as others have stated this is being done in the open without regard for our own people.

i bet military retention is low.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I love seafood, use it as a staple and yet have not touched it since BPnightmare, has anyone else? If many other think the way i do the industry is suffering economic ruin despite all of the bs telling people its safe.

You Vill eat your porridge!!! Thats an oder!!!
edit on 7-12-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
yosemite.epa.gov...!OpenDocument

Go to that link above and scroll down to where it says "Marbo Annex".

The Federal EPA just gave DOD a waiver for the TCE (trichloroethylend) in the bottom of the Guam water table from prior military activity years ago.

DOD doesn't care about it's people. The munitions/hazardous waste dumps on Andersen AFB were on the SuperFund list as well and were pencil whipped off in 2008. They were not capped or anything. Why not?

The Draft EIS for the Guam Military Build Up says that DOD wants to place many water wells right next to those old munition/hazardous waste dumps...so they can provide water to the military and their wives and children.

It's the only munitions/hazardous waste dumpsite on US soil that was not capped. They even refused to test those sites to see how much is evaporating out of the ground before removing them from SuperFund.

DOD doesn't give 1 rats dairy aire about it's people. Of course they would want DOD funds used to buy up contaminated sea food from the Gulf. They want the economy going strong at all costs...even if it kills us.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Pervius because: link

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've eaten a few gulf shrimp here and there, but am hesitant every time I do and I would not eat a lot of it. I've had no ill effects the couple time I've had it. There are probably low level poisons (corexit) that are present and would be harmful if one were to consume a lot of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I haven't eaten seafood since the day the oil well blew.
I realize there is a lag, but nothing doing.

We only would buy wild caught seafood, before. No farmed antibiotic stuff that is raised in tanks.

Now, it is only local trout...
however since Marcellus Shale (Halliburton) has malevolently moved in to begin drilling...

There goes all the seafood (fish... you know what I mean)

edit on 8-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Ok then.
a bump from me as well.

Not only does this "sound wrong"..
it feels completely fkt up.

thanks whaaa.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is completely insane and anyone who advocates this is utterly insane as well. I can't believe some people would actually believe this but then again, look at all the products that are deemed safe by the FDA and obviously aren't.

This age of contaminants will come to an end only when we see the actual result of it, which is in a generation or two from now. The same's been said about so many "safe products" such as DDT and other pesticides, Drugs such as '___' to treat schizophrenia and more recently products containing BPAs which are being banned such as baby bottles in Canada and Europe; of course the US is late on that one as well since they wouldn't want to hurt the economy even more, even if it meant that their children might have a much higher risk of developing mental illnesses, genetic diseases, an increased risk of neuroblastoma and other cancers.

These fishes are contaminated with petroleum and a list of unconventional and highly hazardous products such as the famous Corexit which has been reported to have caused tons of physiological disorders in it's prior usage like the breakdown of red blood cells. We also know that fish are like sponges and suck up toxins from within the water which is later served on a plate. We all know this about mercury, which is why we should not consume fish more than once a week or even month. ...But this is much worst.

I do hope that most of you will speak up against this and also, don't think it won't be served in restaurants and at your local markets because these products will be selling for cheap and that means huge profits, as long as you're not aware of it. Think, Resist and Fight Back.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Doesn't it occur to anyone that this is entirely in line with the depleted uranium policy. The object is to soft kill our troops so that when they return home they won't be a threat to homeland security's growing police state. They will be sick and dying and unable to help turn their deteriorating country around.
Of course this would hinder their effectiveness as soldiers in their mission to murder little children in Afghanistan.
edit on 8-12-2010 by m khan because: to add a thought

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join