It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Edwards dies of cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Elizabeth Edwards dies of cancer

www.politico.com

Elizabeth Edwards, who remade the role of the political spouse for a new media age, died Tuesday at her home in Chapel Hill, N.C., after a six-year struggle with cancer.

Edwards, a lawyer, best-selling author and the wife of former U.S. Sen. John Edwards, was 61.

"Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence, but she remains the heart of this family," her family said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is sad news and a big loss, I respect her for standing by her husband when he was running for office.

Rest in peace Elizabeth.

She suffered with this dreadful cancer for the past six years and had to do it mostly on her own. Her husband came home to be at her side in the past few days and of course family and friends were also there with her in her last days.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Edwards was the driving force behind her husband’s steep rise in half a decade from gifted trial lawyer to the Democratic Party’s 2004 vice presidential nominee, and she was the strategist, the campaign manager, surrogate and public interpreter for a man who never seemed to emerge fully from behind his pitch-perfect political performances.

Read more: www.politico.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da0f15644e61.jpg[/atsimg]

She was a beautiful loving woman and is leaving behind her children, sad that we lose good people at shut a young age.

Bless her and her family.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just saw this on local news - peace to her and good thoughts to her family - as well as every other person/family fighting the many different cancer diseases, at this time. Hopefully, we will one day eradicate many of the cancers, until then, we shall keep the spotlight on them...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Very sad news - rest in Peace Elizabeth.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I just saw this on local news - peace to her and good thoughts to her family - as well as every other person/family fighting the many different cancer diseases, at this time. Hopefully, we will one day eradicate many of the cancers, until then, we shall keep the spotlight on them...

Excellent post Lady Skadi, it is also my wish that one day cancer will be eradicated.

Thank you for posting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

For Every Diseases There are always Cures i am sure of it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I thought she had more time. Wow, this is sad.

John Edwards, burn in hell, you piece of crap phony.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yah id like to hate on old john that rat basterd has made a living off fake lawsuits made millions by taking from other people ONLY the sole purpose ONLY to make money... Then you don't even hold your own wife sacred EVEN TO THE FACT she had cancer when she was litterally fighting for her life you go out sleep with a mistress have an illegitiment kid then blame it on your chief of staff, YOU SUCK JOHN you rly suck!!!
edit on 7-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
While I agree with the comments about John Edwards, this thread hopefully is to honor Elizabeth Edwards and her life.

Thanks for posting everyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Elizabeth Edwards (1949-2010), the popular political wife who became one of the nation's most sympathetic wronged women, died on December 7, 2010 of cancer at her home in Chapel Hill, N.C. She was 61.

There is a beautiful photo gallery at the link.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why is the death of Mrs. Edwards in the "Breaking Alternative News" section? What about this story is alternative? Is this story not being covered in the MSM as well? I am still fairly new, less than 30 days to be exact, to ATS, so forgive me for not understanding the in's and out's of what is considered to be exciting and alternative. So on a serious note, what about the life of Mrs. Edwards made her death an interesting story? She was married to a guy who was unfaithful, she was an outspoken advocate for finding a cure for breast-cancer, she was an attorney and.......she helped the American people how? I am not being insensitive, it is always sad when someone dies but it is more interesting when a conspiracy site gives such weight to the death of a person who accomplished really very little that others have accomplished. She did what others have done.
What are the thoughts of the ATS community as to her contribution to America?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
She was truly an amazing woman..

The world is somewhat less now..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ok how is 61 young? you all should be happy she died a well established person instead of a person who died being victimized by society at a "real" young age like most non political persons. i dont feel sorry for her husband i think hes lucky; i know no men in their seniors from my fathers fathers generation because they all died from the treatment their wives gave them, at least he didnt get stuck as a living coma for the sake of her. im not trying to take away her familys mourning but j.edwards was her husband and knew her better than anyone else who knows her based on the testimony of her obituary; im sure hes grieving like anyone else at the loss of a great friend and past lover.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I can't imagine the heartbreak, pain and suffering she had to go through the last few years of her life.

May she rest in peace and her soul be comforted.

My deepest sympathy goes out to her family in this time of bereavement.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
What was she thinking? Did she even try the Gerson therapy? It may have helped her but did any big shot oncologist encourage her to explore the idea? What malpractice!

I guess if it doesn't involve cutting, poisoning and irradiating then it's not a legitimate cancer therapy, how sad. Oh well, lost another one...NEXT!

top topics

join