It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Object Over Mississippi River

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I see a horseshow ahped body....it doesnt look insect like to me.....What is that air disturbance arount it?
Could be ionized air? I have no clue what it is...But i dont think it organic.

mmmm Horse, maybe a pegasus!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

I think its a split tailed moth (white wings/black torso) with its wings together, suspended in flight.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelDuster

Thanks for enhancing the picture, know it isn't much different, still have no idea what it is, seems to me at this point it is unidentified..

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

You're welcome...

Although that split tail moth sounds like a good fit, it is as you say, still unidentified... digital cameras just can't pull that kind of clarity off, even at 10 or 12 megapixels. And nobody can afford the 39 to 56 MP ones. I really do lament the general demise of film, it would've been so much better. Sad, really.

If it is indeed not a bug, then that is one strange looking thing.

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Logically, it's probably the most probable thing; interesting all the same.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The first thing I thought was, that looks like a flying pirate ship!

Been watching too much peter pan with the kids

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
reply to post by Aquarius1

Im 90% sure its a dragon fly

Perhaps it is a plane dumping fuel and the perspective makes the dump look short and thick when it really is thin and long. Certainly, the sunlight highlighting its "cloud" clearly shows that it is far lower than the regular clouds and the mass of the body's relatively large size indicates that it is far lower. The highlighted area of its trail on the left side and the darker portion on the right side also clearly shows it to be a dimensional "cloud" and not a smear on a windshield or a blur of wings.

I've seen 100's of them, it looks just like one, I can tell by the "balls" under it, and the wing size and shape, and even the colors right.
In short, I see no reason to attribute the thing to an insect. That "explanation" simply does not fit the image except to simply throw up your hands and say, "It must be an insect what else in the world can it be?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join