It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Assange survive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Let's face it: Assange is trapped. He's in some sort of cell, room, or area where he can't get out. He's going no where and everyone in the world knows exactly where he is at.

I ask you, do you think he is safe? How easily could an "insider" 'suicide' him?

The U.S. would probably interogate/waterboard to get information out of him. Other countries are more old fashioned and would like off with his head.

And if he meets and untimely end, what will the concequences be? Will it secure his spot in matrydom that would unleash the flood gates of information warfare, or will he be all but forgotten by the world and remain just another discussion at ATS?

Could he be manipulated enough that he tells his wikileaks comrades to hold off on the poison pill while he is under the influence of drugs and torture? Meanwhile he is confined to a medical bed being fed drug cocktails, with leads running to his brain hooked up to an AI device that says whatever they want him to say?

What are we looking at here?
edit on 7-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think your really reaching? It would be one thing if there was conclusive evidence to support your theory. But until the time comes..we will just have to wait and see~

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That's what it's all about around here; "reaching." But seriously, this is no joke. Most conversations about conspiracy theories are speculation, which is what I'm doing here.

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I think your really reaching? It would be one thing if there was conclusive evidence to support your theory. But until the time comes..we will just have to wait and see~

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This event would not have come as a surprise to him and mentally, he would have been preparing.

TPTB will be keeping a VERY close guard on him and I'm sure the LAST thing they want is for anything to happen to him.

Imagine the global consequenses if he was not to survive?

Or is that part of a plan and this is the final seed for anarchy and then oppression??

Time to make some "Free Assange" T shirts and bumper stickers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Free Assange T-shirts and bumper sticks will make you rich right about now. Might I suggest cafepress.com and open a store? Oh yeah, and proceeds go to me.. .so I can like get really rich and become one of TPTB.. AAAAHHHHAHAHHA!!

Interesting point you have. The flip side is if he ends up with 2 bullet wounds to the head, suicide. Wait why two shots you ask? Dosen't matter, you "F" with TPTB, this is what happens, and it shuts everyone up, and the movement fades into obscurity.

Originally posted by nerbot
This event would not have come as a surprise to him and mentally, he would have been preparing.

TPTB will be keeping a VERY close guard on him and I'm sure the LAST thing they want is for anything to happen to him.

Imagine the global consequenses if he was not to survive?

Or is that part of a plan and this is the final seed for anarchy and then oppression??

Time to make some "Free Assange" T shirts and bumper stickers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Should we start an Assange "Dead Pool"?

I give the guy no later than the end of the year.

If he's not dead, he'll be sitting in a soundproofed room in some supermax prison (if he's lucky) or in a "rendition facility" in bosnia or turkey.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Honestly people, who gives a rats ass about Assange? This guy is old news and honestly, getting fed up with this kind of crap...

One side on ATS says Assange is BS, a puppet for Soros and TPTB. The other side is still stuck on this 'idealistic' guy who will save us all from... something.

So please, give this wikileaks crap a rest and focus on really worthy news...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

The reason he's still alive is that people start realizing that disclosure won't stop just because you stop Assange. He's just 1 man in a large machine, and all those mirror sites popping up make it VERY clear that they can't stop it now. They can take revenge on Assange, but it'll seem very petty given that it won't stop the "information movement".

I for one think this is the greatest example of how great the Internet is. Go go go Wikileaks, show those greedy, corrupt bastards, don't spare any of them!!

Now, if for whatever reason they choose to murder him anyway...I really believe that would backfire. Someone like Assange isn't someone who doesn't prepare for such a thing. I truly believe that if Assange dies, we'll get flooded by previously held back material of the worst kind. It would probably take down governments and destroy the world economy.
edit on 7-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i know this is a completely random and off-topic post reply, but please feel free to delete it once someone answers. does anyone know how to post threads on ats? im a fairly new member, and i cant figure it out or find a thread that explains such. thanks

otamad.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Now that he's in custody, I don't think he'll ever be free again. I'm guessing he'll wind up in Gitmo.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If Assange is mysteriously removed, ( killed, hung, or any of the like ) it will only further suggest to the world, that the " truth's " he is claiming are in fact truth. Therefore, the governments involved cant afford to " off " him anytime soon. They know he will martyred, it will only promote his cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Now that he's in custody, I don't think he'll ever be free again. I'm guessing he'll wind up in Gitmo.

They won't gain anything from taking Assange down. If history has show anything, it's that you can't stop the Internet.

1) Remember Napster, and when they took it down they claimed illegal filesharing will die?
2) Remember when the RIAA started lawsuits thinking it would stop illegal filesharing?
3) Remember all those starts who got their naked pic posted in TMZ...this whole thing is the same thing, but this time it's the governments/businesses that get shown off naked. Why are stars ok, but businesses and governments off limits? Why is it ok to infringe on the privacy of private individuals (patriot act, etc.) but as soon as they fight back, they get smacked down?

If you're against Wikileaks, you are against disclosure and on the wrong forum imo!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Good points!

I'm not suggesting he's going to die, just ruminating. I was suggesting that, through certain coersion techniques, he could be turned into a different person.

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

They won't gain anything from taking Assange down. If history has show anything, it's that you can't stop the Internet.

1) Remember Napster, and when they took it down they claimed illegal filesharing will die?
2) Remember when the RIAA started lawsuits thinking it would stop illegal filesharing?
3) Remember all those starts who got their naked pic posted in TMZ...this whole thing is the same thing, but this time it's the governments/businesses that get shown off naked. Why are stars ok, but businesses and governments off limits? Why is it ok to infringe on the privacy of private individuals (patriot act, etc.) but as soon as they fight back, they get smacked down?

If you're against Wikileaks, you are against disclosure and on the wrong forum imo!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm 100% behind Wikileaks. I just think TPTB get pretty vindictive when you upset their applecart. If Assange had children, I would fear for their safety as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Let's face it: Assange is trapped. He's in some sort of cell, room, or area where he can't get out. He's going no where and everyone in the world knows exactly where he is at.

I ask you, do you think he is safe? How easily could an "insider" 'suicide' him?

The U.S. would probably interogate/waterboard to get information out of him. Other countries are more old fashioned and would like off with his head.

And if he meets and untimely end, what will the concequences be? Will it secure his spot in matrydom that would unleash the flood gates of information warfare, or will he be all but forgotten by the world and remain just another discussion at ATS?

Could he be manipulated enough that he tells his wikileaks comrades to hold off on the poison pill while he is under the influence of drugs and torture? Meanwhile he is confined to a medical bed being fed drug cocktails, with leads running to his brain hooked up to an AI device that says whatever they want him to say?

What are we looking at here?

I think this kind of speculation is unhelpful and I personally find it quite distasteful.

second

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Otamad

click where you would like to post that thread in topics and itll come up with post thread at the top....i just had the same problem lol

also i doubt anything would have happened to assange as he has now got himself a public face...if he was anonymous then maybe they could have done something without it being an issue but now he's saved himself by showing face so what can be done apart from locking him up? theres too many people watching...
edit on 7-12-2010 by ACEWARDOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

Why is it the TPTB ( which Im not affiliated with ) always gets the blame for this Assange? Do these people not know that TPTB advocate freedom of speech? They may want to re-evaluate the liberal lefties approach to freedom of speech. Actions speak louder than words.

But then again, all the politicians suck and need to be eradicated. PERIOD!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Do these people not know that TPTB advocate freedom of speech?

You're kidding, right?

I think they're #ting themselves because of the upcoming banking cables because it could be the death blow for the US economy. But given that it was the PEOPLE who bailed out the banks, they deserve to know the truth!

There is no "leftist" or "rightist" freedom of speech! Just like there isn't a "leftist" or "rightist" blue sky! There either is free speech, or there isn't. WL is making sure the truth comes out, and I for one fully support their actions. In fact, every single hotel I stayed at in the last 2 weeks is now secretly seeding the WL cables on their business centre computers

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think the way it will play is smoke and mirrors while he is in jail. you have pretty much the world over spy's working together.. all the eyes are on him.. and you will see every one of his people blink out.. they will be killed in car accidents or so forth and he will be handed over to the united states.. nothing will come of this.. if the russians can kill a guy with an umbreala and get away with it.. than this guys is toast..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He will not be killed by suicide.

The guy is known for one thing. Leaking classified documents. If he does die in jail then everyone will know that he was murdered.

He will be kept in isolation in a super max prison with that SPC who gave him the documents on one side of him and Robert Hansen on the other.

Everyone wants disclosure, but most of the things he could possibly have in his possesion might not be worth a penny to us. Believe it or not, but there are people out there who hate America. Those documents that we might not care about could be just what they need to attack us again.

This guy did this just to make himself known to the world, he isn't concerned about the global ramifications of his actions and he certainly doesn't care about disclosuer. He wants to be famous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join