It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Thing About Wikileaks and Assange

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otamad
reply to post by Crakeur

Hey, great thread but I have another question. Why do you think the media has allowed coverage of WikiLeaks? This has puzzled me. If this whole scandal is as serious as we think it is, why has the government and media allowed for it to take place, unless they might use it to their advantage somehow. Thoughts anyone?

The fact is TPTB want to shut down the web, as it now exists, and will offer Internet II as a replacement which will be tightly controlled by BigGov.
edit on 8-12-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Blazer

If they jail him for life or he accidentally trips over a pencil and dies, wikileaks will still be around but who, in their right mind, would take his place? If you were there and something happened to him, would you want to continue working there?

Better than that:

He is now in custody. He can't hide. If the PTB say to the file holders, "If you let any of that really damaging or earth-shattering stuff out, you leader probably will have an unfortunate heart attack from the stress. Do you want to sacrifice his life for releasing that info? Perhaps you could just let some of the milder stuff out to save face, and we'll ship him on to Sweden or whatever."

What would you do if you were one of his minions?

Things are never what they seem..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

The web has been the only way I have been able to see what is really happening,, I can understand why they want it changed. This is our only way if policing them and getting the real info out, they are going to use any means they can think of to change it to their control,,, don't be fooled.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevertolate
reply to post by romanmel

The web has been the only way I have been able to see what is really happening,, I can understand why they want it changed. This is our only way if policing them and getting the real info out, they are going to use any means they can think of to change it to their control,,, don't be fooled.

This video tells it like it is. Government controlled Internet II will be free of cost but absolutely controlled.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I don't know about that...

First of all the file can be accessed by anyone; it's everywhere. The valuable piece of information is the key to decrypt the file. I doubt tptb even know who these people are. If they do, then such a threat won't do much. As long as the insurance file is out there (it always will be) and the key is in possession by someone somewhere, there's nothing they can do, short of eliminating everyone with said information. Though possible, that seams just a tad far fetched, and I would think that Assange as measures in place to the info out there is such a thing were to happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrakeurSo, I'm wondering, is our government so afraid of what might be in those future releases that they tightened the screws on everyone to ensure that Assange is taken into custody, hopefully removing the risk of disclosure?

I don't think our government is extremely afraid. If the United States government really wanted to stop Assange, someone in the CIA or FBI would have contacted MI6 by now. After I learned the 'insurance' file is 100+ gigs in size, I am willing to bet they are now thinking its a fraud.

Embarrased? Yeah, it happened on their watch, and the government feels it makes them look foolish.

Afraid? Not a chance. Even though the cables do have an impact on diplomacy, I don't think their impact will cause a world war. Maybe a small one, but nothing we cannot overcome.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

They are the ones who made and sent the cables so they know what is in them. There must be something or all this would not be such a big deal.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevertolate
reply to post by Section31

They are the ones who made and sent the cables so they know what is in them. There must be something or all this would not be such a big deal.

Not necessarily.

Have you ever played the game poker?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

The South African UFO is a well known hoax perpetuated by James Van Greunen.

The Kalahari UFO Crash

James Van Greunen now calls him/herself Judy Faltzkog and is the subject of a current ATS thread exposing a hoax claim by James/Judy posing as a NASA astronomer claiming to have detected an extraterrestrial "signal"

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Does anyone here have the INSURANCE FILE. I would like you to attach and email to me, I know a guy who deals with this kind of thing that might have a crack at it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Both Assange and Wikileaks have something major kept back, disclosure is a good bet but my money would be on the missing "gas station footage overlooking the pentagon" or something else 9/11 related.

BTW I'm sick of all these so-called freedom fighter patriots on ATS who cannot recognize a real underground hero fighting back against the machine when they see one..

I don't know about poker but Julian Assange and Wikileaks are the real deal, LONG LIVE ANONYMOUS!...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There seems to be more to assange than meets the eye.

He looks like the stereotypical so called "Nordic" Alien!

Not to mention the point of wiki threatening to "unveil" Bank (Robbers) of America as possibly

being the tipping point for his arrest.

I don't think disclosure is imminent. But what a wonderful world it could be if , just if,

a rebel 'Nordic' decided to change future events....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

At least did clear a couple of things:

I thought the whole Irangate thing was just Israel pushing for this, but that's not the case at all.The other curious thing is, all these countries want to Iran out of business, but none of them want to support any action taken, especially if it means war.

I'm all for war, but leave me out of it
or
Wake me when the war is over
or
Cam on, Jus do it !, You know you want to, Jus do it !

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Otamad

They had to use the MSM for PR reasons. It was already all over the internet before the MSM touched on it. There was no choice. the MSM will only be used for character assasination of both wikileakes and Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1I don't know about poker but Julian Assange and Wikileaks are the real deal, LONG LIVE ANONYMOUS!...

Even though I don't know the overall value system of the game, I know enough to understand it is a game of bluff. In order to win at the game, you have to psychologically convince your opposition to concede. You can win the game by psychologically (through body language) outwitting your opponent. If you are really good at controlling your body language, you can win the game while holding a disastrous set of cards.

Assange is playing poker. As a result of being in an uncompromising position, he is trying to psychologically bluff the United States government. Sure, there might be something of value in his hand (the insurance file), but the actual value of that information may only be worth five cents.

Since Assange is a prideful and confident computer hacker, he gets off on the excitement of having power. That is why he had sex with four different people in Sweden. Even though the allegations may be minor, the act of sex is a primal and physical expression of power. When he sees his power slipping slightly, Assange will make a comment (or have sex) to regain or gather more power (psychologically and physically). UFOs anyone? Lol... He is only bluffing to the public, so he can maintain control over the power he has. Power over his flock.

Is the United States afraid of Assange, I seriously don't think they are moved by him in that manner. Since the information being released happened under the Obama Administration, I think they are more embraced than afraid. If they didn't show concern publicly, they would have lost the faith of the people they protect. United States citizens (like everyone else) would feel insecure with the present administration; therefore, the government had no choice but to come out in front of this matter.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I know, another wikileaks thread but I'm going to take a different tact here. We've all been following along, watching and reading about the leaks, learning that (shocker) our government spies on it's allies and we learned that (surprise surprise) everyone in the middle east wants the US to attack Iran and we learned that (really?) China is fed up with Kim Jong Il and North Korea.

Still, very little happened, other than leaders cried foul.

Then Assange hinted that, in early 2011, he would release documents regarding the banking crisis that might bring down a very large bank still operating in the US.

Now, he has also released documents and footage prior to the current dump and all that has happened has been rhetoric from the US government about how this is endangering lives and how it is a security threat and blah blah blah.

Then, in an interview, someone asks about ufos and Assange says that he gets stuff all the time but it always seems to be nonsense with no evidence other than self produced stuff. He goes on the say that, in the near future, ufos will be mentioned in his leaks.

Then Amazon shuts him down.
Paypal shuts him down
Nations start blocking wikileaks
The ridiculous charges against him are pressed, an apb is put out and the pressure mounts to the point that he actually turns himself in.

So, I'm wondering, is our government so afraid of what might be in those future releases that they tightened the screws on everyone to ensure that Assange is taken into custody, hopefully removing the risk of disclosure?

Many of these things were in the process of happening before Assange was asked the UFO question. I seriously doubt there is anything of significance in the cables about UFOs. If anything it was pretty clear that Assange had no real interest in talking about the subject.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It seems to me that WikiLeaks is in the academy of the over-rated. Like the OP says, there's not much new here. It amounts to diplomatic gossip. And Julius, bless his soul, is about as egotistical a person as you can find. WikiLeaks is all about him, and what he is is not all that much. He must be disappointed because aside from some isolated ATS hero worship, most people are not liking him very well. The governments are moaning and groaning, but there's been nothing earth-shattering revealed. Assange suggesting Obama "should resign" is just comical. My barber thinks so, too.

This idea of a "poison pen" file of REALLY bad stuff, as opposed to the "merely bad stuff that really isn't all that bad' he has already released is, I think a lot of hot air. He has shown no restraint so far and I think he has already let out his best stuff. Remember that he has done this before.u Even his 'critical places' list is a yawner. Wow! Tin mines in China are vulnerable. The Straits of Malacca are crucial! Any terrorist worth his 72 virgins has a better list than that.

The UFO angle is just more proof the Assange personality cult is going off the deep end. Now even more people will dismiss him as a nutcase. I do believe the governments have said, "Shut this guy down," because they are paranoid secret freaks anyway. This explains the monetary freeze now on him.

So overall I'm thinking he's getting way more media attention than he deserves.

I'm sorry, I didn't read the whole thread so if someone else already commented I apologize.

How could you think the revelation that Iran is using Russian ICBM that can reach Europe is not. A major revelation or that the US and China and Japan were discussing the fall of NK and reuinification of the Korean peninsula? Or that the US is behind phishing emails sent to China or that US Diplomats who are supposed to encourage peaceful resolution and are the only thing standing between peace and war sometimes are being used as intelligence assets against other countries? Or that the US was blackmailong other countries to submit to the global warming agenda? They're also responsible for exposing the US war crimes against civilians in air attacks. How is any of this insignificant? They also exposed the real honest to God broad definition behind "national security" confirming what so many have suspected.

In response to the OP. it interests me that the UFO portion has not been significantly discussed by the media. I suspect you're right, bit I also suspect that his arrest has to do with threatening the banks. I suspect, as another poster thought that he may have intentionally gotten himself arrested and denied bail just to be in protective custody. Now that hes in the public eye little can be done about him.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by strangleholder1I don't know about poker but Julian Assange and Wikileaks are the real deal, LONG LIVE ANONYMOUS!...

Since Assange is a prideful and confident computer hacker, he gets off on the excitement of having power. That is why he had sex with four different people in Sweden. Even though the allegations may be minor, the act of sex is a primal and physical expression of power. When he sees his power slipping slightly, Assange will make a comment (or have sex) to regain or gather more power. UFOs anyone? Lol... He is only bluffing, so he can maintain power.

Is the United States afraid of Assange, I seriously don't think they are moved by him in that manner. Since the information being released happened under the Obama Administration, I think they are more embraced than afraid. If they didn't show concern publicly, they would have lost the faith of the people they protect. United States citizens (like everyone else) would feel insecure with the present administration; there, the government had no choice but to come out in front of this matter.

Is that how you see the world? Having sex with people means you like power? I'm not sure about that assumption, perhaps! you're having sex wrong.

I don't agree with any of the other points you made either, you should maybe stop listening to Fox news for a while. Wake up and see your govt for what it is, a collection of weak souls busy taking everyone's freedom away..

edit on 8-12-2010 by strangleholder1 because: Wikileaks=Truth

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Is that how you see the world? Having sex with people means you like power? I'm not sure about that assumption, perhaps! you're having sex wrong...

Even though I personally don't feel that way, I know that many people with power and influence do have those cognitions. Why do you think Bill Clinton and John Edwards cheated on their wives? Its all about 'having' and 'maintaining' power. Dominance and control. Some people are sick in that manner. Do you think he loved those four women? They were just tools.

I didn't get my information from FOX.

I have a minor in psychology.

(If anyone wants to know what we are talking about: click here. Its on topic.)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I will have to disagree with ya on this one.
He was charged with rape before these last release's.

yes, he was but the charges were originally dismissed and then brought back (before the leaks or the ufo comment). He was wanted for the crime but, only after the ufo comment, was the red tag issued and the apb put out over interpol

The first leak, published in April was video about American soldiers killing Iraqi civilians and journalists from Reuters and the subsequent investigation that the US Military concluded that the actions of the soldiers were lawful.

Bradley Manning was charged in July and wikileaks releases US Military documents relating to the war in Afghanistan.

Assange was initially charged with rape in August and the charges were dropped.

October, more leaks about war in Iraq.

December 3rd, Assanges tells the Guardian of cables that refer to UFO's, accuses the US government of bullying, states that it is wikileaks intention to 'break the fiscal blockade' and five days later is arrested on an international warrant.

We know that governments lie, we know governments would like us to believe this is in our interests as citizens, we know politicians like to claim moral authority. But if the actions of the soldiers in Iraq were lawful, then the kill was ordered and if the White House knew anything of it, particularly before the fact, then there are international grounds for impeachment.

Holding info on UFO investigations to release along with any damning evidence against the US government would help to demonstrate that lies about the knowledge of UFO's suggest a very strong possibility of lies about any and everything else, including US government sanctioned murder in Iraq and the implication that this could extend across the globe with further revelations that contravene the international rules of engagement.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join