It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UTTR, Utah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I believe this is the so-called laser beam that was reported by some people.
Just see the photos of this laser beam shooting up from the sky. www.aliendave.com...

I think the poster dplum517 was explaining this on the first page of this thread that some people reported seeing a laser shooting up from the sky.

edit on 11-7Jul-122012 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's a good PDF of what they use the Area for.

Dugway Proving Ground which is adjacent to UTTR.

Adjacent U.S. Air Force gunnery and bombing ranges extend Dugway’s restricted airspace to an area of about 90 x 70 miles and up to an elevation of 58,000 feet

That restricted air space is the highest (altitude) restriction in the country. Seems like you could basically shoot straight up into space with no one getting in the way.
Pretty good place to test ground lasers if you ask me.

Also, here is an Article from our local news.

It notes that Dugway also holds a license for radiological testing and may use radioactive substances as tracer materials. It says the base also uses open-air laser testing, noting that many detector systems use lasers.

Open air lasers

edit on 11-7-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Thanks!!!! Plenty of good reads.

But do you have any documents that people were reporting seeing a laser shooting up the sky?
I believe it was this laser here.
www.aliendave.com...

Correct me if I am wrong.

And in the PDF document, if you scroll down to the area marked Michael Army Air Field (PAGE 20), there is a Southwest Airliner there on that picture. Was that an emergency landing at DPG or was it used for some training excerises?

I dont believe that there are commercial flights out of DPG (MAAF) airport.
edit on 11-7Jul-122012 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7Jul-122012 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

If the Southwest jet had an IFE, I doubt it would make the document. Thus an exercise or simply a charter is more likely. Nellis gets commercial passenger jets carrying troops periodically. Checking the landings at Nellis, the most recent commercial charter was N123DN. It is a Ryan Air often used by the US government.

Regarding lasers, note that the vast majority of lasers used by the DoD are infrared. [OK, some gunsites are visible red.] It isn't particularly useful to use a laser that shows where you are located to the naked eye. Any fool with an AK-47 can target that sucker. Infrared has other advantages, such as being able to shoot through haze. Silicon sensors have their peak sensitivity in the near IR range, so IR lasers have a higher signal to noise ratio for spotting purposes. Note near-IR is just a technical term. At say 900nm, the laser is invisible to the human eye.

You can read reports of people seeing laser beams shooting out of aircraft around the Nellis range. This is total nonsense. What they are seeing are gunships shooting a stream of projectiles with the occasional IR tracer. The IR tracer is just a phosphorus that doesn't have a pure spectra, so some of the light is visible. I watched a gunship attack the Range 61 targets from Tikaboo Peak and have seen the tracer track.

Tracer compositions can also emit primarily in infrared, for use with night-vision devices. An example composition is boron, potassium perchlorate, sodium salicylate, iron carbonate or magnesium carbonate (as combustion retardant), and binder. Many variants exist.

en.wikipedia.org...
The wiki has a cool tracer fire photo done at Camp Pendelton.

Any laser pointing skyward would most likely have a NOTAM.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ryan Air?????

Ryan Air is operated in Europe and US Government uses this airline????

Suprising.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe hiring out planes to the US military is how Ryan Air makes enough money to have cheap airfares the rest of the time.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hi Everybody. I was stationed at the UTTR out of Hill AFB. I was on site for 8 years during the 90"s. I was under The Missile Munitions Testing Squadron. Be happy to answer some questions. Really miss that place.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rangerat

Great. Here we go:
1) How often do they test cruise missiles there? Do they do live fire tests?
2) Have you seen them catch cruise missiles in nets?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Enough gammas to cause acute radiation sickness some---what? 25 miles out---is one Insane Clown Posse level of whoopsie!

Seems better/worse than Sam Cohen's bomb.

511keV on tap.

Hypothetically, can The Phaser Bank say sterilize a particularly unfriendly uranium enrichment plant and be plausibly denied in media accounts as a "criticality accident"? Obviously no transuranic actinides, but to prove it, they'd have to open up exactly what they don't want to.

Attack would have to be during working hours---daytime deployment a problem?

Apparently wasn't the one time I suspect they gave it a field test. Wasn't in on that. Was real interested if anyone's gamma radiation levels in the area jumped, but it was in the arse end of nowhere.

1. Each State Party undertakes not to carry out any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion, and to prohibit and prevent any such nuclear explosion at any place under its jurisdiction or control.

2. Each State Party undertakes, furthermore, to refrain from causing, encouraging, or in any way participating in the carrying out of any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion.

I didn't see any clarifying definitions.

That is an interesting issue. Would it count as a nuclear explosion? I suspect CERN wouldn't think so.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

CERN particles are quite contained. Your story is about a gamma burst in free air. These are very different scenarios. One is reality, and the other is an internet rumor that is quite unlikely to be true. Even the BREN was done in a controlled environment so that some yahoos couldn't get nuked.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by Bedlam

CERN particles are quite contained. Your story is about a gamma burst in free air. These are very different scenarios. One is reality, and the other is an internet rumor that is quite unlikely to be true. Even the BREN was done in a controlled environment so that some yahoos couldn't get nuked.

Sorry - it was an aside to mbkennel, who'll get the reference(s).

MB plays a physicist IRL, and he was probably more skeptical than you at first. He got a lot more background info than I decided to post here, which is why you saw "This one feels real" from him a few posts back with no other corroboration - he's being kind and not talking about the out-of-band info.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

My problem with this stupid story is it just adds noise to the thread and discourages useful posters from contributing.

Alas my question to "rangerat" is now lost in the forest of nonsense posting.

I rather hear from someone who was based at the UTTR than fictional gamma ray stories.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by Bedlam

My problem with this stupid story is it just adds noise to the thread and discourages useful posters from contributing.

Alas my question to "rangerat" is now lost in the forest of nonsense posting.

I rather hear from someone who was based at the UTTR than fictional gamma ray stories.

Sorry - I forgot you owned every UTTR and Area 51 thread. Pardon me for my nonsense and cluttering your personal webspace. Having disappointed you so severely, I think I'll have to go cut my wrists. Forgive me...if you have it within you. I go now to expiate my crimes in blood. This cannot atone for posting unapproved on your thread, but it is the best that I can do.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by mbkennel

1. Each State Party undertakes not to carry out any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion, and to prohibit and prevent any such nuclear explosion at any place under its jurisdiction or control.

2. Each State Party undertakes, furthermore, to refrain from causing, encouraging, or in any way participating in the carrying out of any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion.

I didn't see any clarifying definitions.

That is an interesting issue. Would it count as a nuclear explosion? I suspect CERN wouldn't think so.

Bureaucrats & diplojmats.

Best diplomat I know is a fully charged phaser bank!

images.wikia.com...

edit on 22-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rangerat

I was with 75 sfs and have been to UTTR several times. i posted this thread to see what kind of stories I would see develop out of it, out of knowing what goes on there myself. There is a site North of Hill up 15 that doesnt get any attention at all, at the end of a dirt road on top of a little hill and what goes on there is very intriguing. its right near the GE plant near the water.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow

Coordinates would help.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The event that took place was a test of one of the Air Force’s new Revolutionary Munitions: antimatter.

No, seriously. Read on…

(As a side note, I don’t post often, but rather, I save my responses for when I feel I can add something of value. Due to my…unique background and education (to put it one way)…I feel that I can shed some light on what transpired here.)

WARNING: HEAVY SCIENCE/PARTICLE PHYSICS AHEAD – PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

Background

- What occurred was not “nuclear”, per se, as there was not atomic fusion or fission; nuclei were not split or fused together.
- What transpired took place at the subatomic level and is called annihilation.
- Every particle has an “antiparticle” – the yin to their yang, so-to-speak. When subatomic particles (such as electrons) collide with their antiparticle (in the case of electrons, positrons), the original particles cease to exist; due to the conservation of energy and momentum, however, energy still exists.
- Just as the collision of a neutron and a nucleus (nuclear fission) gives off energy and radiation, so too does the collision of an electron and a positron. This resulting annihilation also generates energy and gamma radiation.
- Much like the energy in a nuclear reaction is capable of being harnessed as a weapon, the energy produced in an antimatter reaction can also be used offensively.
- However, antimatter is exponentially more powerful than any other material on Earth – one gram of antimatter is equal to the explosive force of 83,000,000 pounds of TNT.
- Antimatter is extremely powerful – and “clean”. While immense amounts of gamma radiation are created, nuclear fallout is not.

Revolutionary Munitions

- In 2004, scientists working with the Air Force publicly acknowledged they were working on antimatter weapons.
- However, the overzealous civilian scientists (who were more concerned with antimatter’s potential in the fields of rocket propulsion and space travel) spilled too many beans – and were quickly silenced.
- Academic research conducted by NASA in conjunction with Penn State University was quickly pulled from all public sources, and since then, neither the Air Force nor Penn State will comment on the program.

Here's a link to a October 4, 2004 story from the San Francisco Chronicle detailing the Air Force's antimatter weapons program.

Bottom line: the symptoms of the guys that were too close to UTTR (and the corresponding visual effects) sound like effects from ionizing radiation. But this radiation didn't come from a dirty, 20th-century nuclear weapon.

No, this radiation came from a very 21st century weapon: antimatter.

edit on 15-9-2012 by diablo222 because: typo

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Gariac:

Regarding CERN, yes, you are correct that the collisions that take place at CERN (in the LHC) are MUCH, MUCH more controlled.

BUT, what one needs to understand is that the primary purpose of CERN's LHC is to CREATE antimatter.

Once you have obtained and successfully contained the antimatter, it's simply a matter of putting the required particles (electrons) and the antimatter particles (positrons) into the proper delivery package so that you can trigger the desired reaction. No particle accelerator required.

And regarding containment, I can assure you technology for containing the antimatter particles for extended periods of time has come a LONG way since the LHC was turned on.

The best parallel I can give would be how of how a nuclear weapon is packaged. Essentially, the components necessary for a nuclear reaction (one that would normally occur in a reactor) are packaged together (warhead attached to a rocket/bomb/etc).

Very much "The Manhattan Project 2.0"...

edit on 15-9-2012 by diablo222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

It's definately not the new area 51! It is for the development of chemical warfare systems and general military exercises. Area 51 couldn't move and even if it did the attention would just follow it to its new home.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry to necro an old thread, but after doing some reading around the black triangle research thread, I got to looking at some night-vision UFO videos and stumbled across this clip, purportedly filmed in Iraq by US soldiers. Is this of any interest? Looks a lot like what was pictured in the UTTR section of the Utah Ufo Hunters site (the guys that were at the fence).

EDIT: Can't get the video to embed properly, here's the link www.youtube.com...

Bonus points, a pretty sweet recording of a triangle follows that segment on Baghdad.
edit on 17-9-2016 by Revolvacron because: can't get vid to embed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join