It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geminid Meteor Shower Defies Explanation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've been looking forward to this, unfortunately it's rainy and tomorrow night they're calling for mostly cloudy skies, damn it, this sucks. Well to everyone that gets to see it, enjoy.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The rate is starting to ramp up now. It should be a good peak this year

This year, believe the hype; this month’s Geminid meteor shower is a sure bet. This shower is one of the few dependable ‘old faithful’ meteor showers of the year. Peaking on the night of December 13th-14th, this year’s apparition sees a well placed northern radiant rising high in the northeast as the first quarter Moon sets about midnite local. The Geminid stream radiates from very near the bright star Castor in the zodiac constellation Gemini the Twins and typically produces up to 100 to 120 meteors per hour. If you are placed in mid-northern latitudes, you may see some activity shortly after sunset, but the real meteoritic action will begin after midnite.

Source: click here

Looks like many of us here in the UK will be clouded out over the next couple of days, but there may be a few gaps around, so don't give up hope just yet!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder, I was going to plan for it and then forgot. I would like to go to bed early and then get up around 1-2 with the kids and have some coco and watch. You know I reallly want a room with a clear ceilings for sky watching and meteor showers!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

and then lie back on the warm hood (the bonnet, to Her Majesty's subjects). I did this with my girlfriend several years back, for the Leonids. We're married now.

Oh shoot! I got a little smart car and cant even get one arse-cheek on it

Anyway, if there's a chance it could lead to marriage - ya can forget it
Once bitten- twice shy and all that.

Won't be long for the peak now, Tuedsay night - yes?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
yeeesssss 7 hours till midnight here and counting down

just cant wait

top topics

<< 1   >>

join