posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
Well I'm noticing several observations here.
1. There are 9 humans depicted in this painting
1a. 3 are dead (1/3 are dead)
2. Trees and what I can only assume are cities in the background are burning.
3. The humans are scurrying in fear to save what they can of the animals and themselves depicted by the enclosures surrounding 3 of the 8 animals
depicted another 3 possibly dead (buffalo, Jaguar and whale)
3b. The whale I assume is possibly dead due to the red ocean that surrounds it.
4. The tablet, Mayan girl expression is one of anger not despair.
My observations of the above tell me that this painting is depicting the possibility of 1/3 of humans dying off throughout the entire world being that
they are of different races found everywhere, almost half the animals dying from over hunting, pollution and disregard but we try to save the rest.
The destruction of the land and animals is held with disbelief as if all the sudden this happened also denoted by the rushed look to try and save what
they can for animals. The one thing that really sticks out to me is the girl holding the tablet with the angered face. This to me almost explains a
"I told you so" kind of manner with the tablet being pronounced as if to say that it held some telling of the prophecy that is taking place.
There is one big message in this picture that is interesting. My interpretation of this picture might be regarded as fear mongering but to me it is
saying one of two things.
1. Our current methods are destroying this planet and killing life indiscriminately including ourselves which will ultimately be our own demise.
2. The end of the world is going to strike us as surprise which will kill billions and it is up to us to try and save face along with our legacy as
Another thing as noted by Asktheanimals is that the death of the jaguar symbolizes the death of life as we know it. bringer of crops, and balance or
edit on 7-12-2010 by Stryker Ops because: las sentences.