It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress at its finest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This video is one of the main reasons I signed up an account with ATS! This represents our government to the fulleset, I love it! Sorry if this has been on here before. I dont care if this guy is sick or on drugs, this guy represents not only Georgia, but us Americans this is funny as all hell, but very disturbing as well.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-12-2010 by C130Fixr because: did not add my entire post. Sorry (newbie)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

Why, oh why can't we have reps this funny from my state of Pennsylvania?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C130Fixr

Apparently, his thought process gets "messed up" because he has Hepatitis C. Allegedly, that's not what he meant say. I don't know what he DID mean to say, but it wasn't that.

Since he's a member of Congress, I can't really decide if it's a valid excuse or not.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hank Johnson

In December 2009, Johnson revealed that he had been battling Hepatitis C for over a decade, which resulted in slow speech and a tendency to regularly get "lost in thought in the middle of a discussion"

...it has ravaged his liver, resulted in thyroid problems and other health issues, including depression, for which he's also being treated. To keep the disease in remission, Johnson is going through an experimental treatment that he said has been the worst part so far.

He is being treated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center with a combination of interferon and ribavirin, which, like cancer chemotherapy, comes with many side-effects.

Not defending what he said, just might be one of the reasons why he said something as weird as he did.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Abe7Fig

yeah seen he is sick, but youre right coming from congress this might be normal. I dont mean to make fun of his sickness, but mainly the fact that its a congressman, lol

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Oh but we have RINO turncoat Arlen Specter hes great, I heard he's considering getting a sex change to get the female vote now, really.
ok not really but you can imagine what it would be like, right? RIGHT!!!
That Veronica Vaughn is one fine piece of aiesh, I know dude from experience.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

WAHHH!!!! lmao! we need a congressman like that here in Oootah!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Interesting. Love how you can catch a smidgen of a smirk upon the admiral's face. He did good though not just ask "Huh?"

On that note:
At first, hepatitis C does not usually produce any symptoms. When it does, symptoms are typically flu-like and can include:

Mild fatigue
Achiness in your joints and muscles
Nausea
Lack of appetite
Tenderness in the areas of your liver

As the disease progresses, symptoms may still not appear. When they do, they can include:

Fatigue
Nausea
Vomiting
Loss of appetite
Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes)
Low-grade fever (fever up to 102°F)

Likewise regarding standard medication to combat Hep C. Not sure about experimental medications or treatments though.

I don't think this was a result of his terrible disease he has. I just truly believe they place a retainer upon your frontal lobe for the term. Common sense and intelligence is returned in full after you are no longer A: needed or B: voted out.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I know more than one person with hep C, on various experimental drugs too .. the worst symptom besides horrible fatigue and aching muscles was emotional side effects.. I've never heard of hep C causing .... what ever you would call this guys symptoms..

I think..

And it's just my opinion!!!!!

That this dude was talking about a subject in which he hasn't a clue about.. and on the way to the meeting, did a wiki search and tried to remember some facts about the little obscure island .. and the only thing he could remember was that 1. it's small. 2. it's small. 3. it's somewhere tropical. 4. it's small.

I'd say the Admiral is probably very used to discussing geo-political topics with politicians who have no clue what the top of discussion even is.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Truly a horrible condition to be saddled with and I make no remarks towards those that have it.

You probably have hit the nail closest to the head in regards to what actually we are seeing.

The man had no knowledge of Guam. That he most likely was given some random notes prior to the meeting is evident: The useless facts regarding the geographical size of the island and sticking to those and nothing else.

So my opinion this has nothing to do with medication (in terms of combating his disease) and more that we have idiots running a country.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, that is ridiculous.

The dude really has a problem and should not be in Congress whether it's crack or a legit illness. If you don't have your mental abilities, please get out of Congress.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Somebody send an immediate flash override message to the people on Guam not to all gather on one side of the island at the same
time!!!! wtf?
Admiral did an excellent job maintaining his military bearing..

edit on 7-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It doesnt matter if he is sick or not.

If he cant think clearly, why the hell is he in a position of power?

I think crack or dementia is a more likely reason than hep c

edit on 7-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The whole island tipping over and capsizing is what I found hillarious!!! Wait, maybe thats where they are going to move all the FEMA camps to.... just a thought lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The only person I know who has Hep C got it from sharing needles shooting smack. Not saying this man was high on heroin while asking these questions...

new topics

top topics

join