God........Why have you forsaken me?

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 
In my belief i think god made a pact with the devil behind jesus back.




posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 

That's an interesting theory.
Could you elaborate on that a bit?



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think he probably lost faith in his last moments, spiritually gifted or not we all have our breaking points.

He was only human...



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


I think it has to do with Jesus being the Son of God, and not
the same person as God the Father. These are terms used to
describe a situation but it is at best an analogy. I tend to think
of the Son as being a sort of extension of the Father who being
the purest form of Spirit, makes His presence unbearable to
any created being. The Son, being not created but of some
other sort of existence can bear the presence of God the Father
and is in His presence though that spiritual thing is not visible
to us. That connection could end and only Jesus himself
would be aware of it. Such a break would have to happen for
the mortal person that Jesus was, to die the death on the
cross that was for our salvation.



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon
 


I think it has to do with Jesus being the Son of God, and not
the same person as God the Father. These are terms used to
describe a situation but it is at best an analogy. I tend to think
of the Son as being a sort of extension of the Father who being
the purest form of Spirit, makes His presence unbearable to
any created being. The Son, being not created but of some
other sort of existence can bear the presence of God the Father
and is in His presence though that spiritual thing is not visible
to us. That connection could end and only Jesus himself
would be aware of it. Such a break would have to happen for
the mortal person that Jesus was, to die the death on the
cross that was for our salvation.


Jesus was, to die the death on the
cross that was for our salvation.

Our salvation of what?



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


thats not really an answer to the question though is it...

Jesus dying on the cross was to show us that there is live after physical death...I think if he actually said this in his last moments it was because he'd been beaten and tortured beyond anything he could imagine, and he was questioning God why it was necessary...

I think those who tortured him took the situation far beyond anything anyone had ever seen... More then likely he would have said just about anything at that point to end it.



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon
 


I think it has to do with Jesus being the Son of God, and not
the same person as God the Father. These are terms used to
describe a situation but it is at best an analogy. I tend to think
of the Son as being a sort of extension of the Father who being
the purest form of Spirit, makes His presence unbearable to
any created being. The Son, being not created but of some
other sort of existence can bear the presence of God the Father
and is in His presence though that spiritual thing is not visible
to us. That connection could end and only Jesus himself
would be aware of it. Such a break would have to happen for
the mortal person that Jesus was, to die the death on the
cross that was for our salvation.

let me ask you something,what ever the plan was,do you think it worked?



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 

Our salvation of what?

The fear of death.
That's what the Book of Hebrews says.
How we are released from that fear involves the death of Satan.
The path for Satan's ultimate death is paved by Jesus' death.
How that is done is by eliminating Satan's defense of claiming
injustice at the satisfaction of Law which would result in his death,
because Jesus was not given that same pardon and had to die once
the guilt of sin was placed on him.
edit on 2-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 

. . .what ever the plan was,do you think it worked?

It has yet to completely play out.
This is where the "patience of the saints" comes into play.
Satan is cast down, meaning his power is diminished but at the same
time, what power he has is concentrated on us, in particular.

edit on 2-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 

. . .what ever the plan was,do you think it worked?

It has yet to completely play out.
This is where the "patience of the saints" comes into play.
Satan is cast down, meaning his power is diminished but at the same
time, what power he has is concentrated on us, in particular.

edit on 2-1-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


do you know alott about the bible?



posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 


This website basically says that He was quoting from psalms 22

Father, why have you forsaken me?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the LORD,” they say,
“let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What Jesus said was the truth and the world doesn't change really... it took a few days after others seen what the world and established law did to him, but his message went out into the world and the grave couldn't hold it because it was the truth.

The bulk of society are mere mortals and if you go out into the world and criticize the system (a system in which money buys influence and makes law) trying to tell only the truth, I suspect one would see just how fast the PTB do the same thing they did to Jesus. (in a metaphorical way of course)

Jesus said he was not of this world... they seen Jesus as a homegrown terrorist in a sense, in which he threatened the established system with truth and honesty, his own people brought him to be judged because they were really of this world and did not want a change in the established system, a system in which they too could rule over their fellow man and consume them.

Jesus came so that the blind may see, and those who see may become blind... people don't want to change really, only it would seem they want to get a better seat at the table.

there is a buffet out there, and unless you are at the top of the food chain, everything about you... your essence, your soul, is being consumed.

edit on 1/3/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 


This website basically says that He was quoting from psalms 22

Father, why have you forsaken me?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the LORD,” they say,
“let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)


But do you think he could had uttered one word in the described condition he was in?



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
God, the Father Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; When Jesus cried out: Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? God give Him all the sin of all people to carry. The thorns on His head are a type of sin, see; Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee and Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

In the Old Testament when you are killing someone without purpose, like Deu 19:1-6 When the LORD thy God hath cut off the nations, whose land the LORD thy God giveth thee, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their cities, and in their houses;
Deu 19:2 Thou shalt separate three cities for thee in the midst of thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it.
Deu 19:3 Thou shalt prepare thee a way, and divide the coasts of thy land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee to inherit, into three parts, that every slayer may flee thither.
Deu 19:4 And this is the case of the slayer, which shall flee thither, that he may live: Whoso killeth his neighbour ignorantly, whom he hated not in time past;
Deu 19:5 As when a man goeth into the wood with his neighbour to hew wood, and his hand fetcheth a stroke with the axe to cut down the tree, and the head slippeth from the helve, and lighteth upon his neighbour, that he die; he shall flee unto one of those cities, and live:
Deu 19:6 Lest the avenger of the blood pursue the slayer, while his heart is hot, and overtake him, because the way is long, and slay him; whereas he was not worthy of death, inasmuch as he hated him not in time past.

But.. Jos 20:6 And he shall dwell in that city, until he stand before the congregation for judgment, and until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days: then shall the slayer return, and come unto his own city, and unto his own house, unto the city from whence he fled.
Jesus Christ Psa 110:4b Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. is ressurect from the dead and will keep alive, so you haven't run for the the slayer anymore.



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
But do you think he could had uttered one word in the described condition he was in?


Well, he was God, so he could have done whatever he wanted to. Could have jumped down off the cross and smacked the Centurions around. He simply chose not to, because that would have mucked up the whole plan. But, in this case, he probably didn't have to resort to anything special.

The reason that the Romans would break the legs of those being crucified to speed their demise was that those on the cross were still able to support their weight and prevent lung collapse, which is what usually killed the person. Prior to the breaking of the legs, then, the person was clearly suffering, but they were probably still able to speak in some fashion.

A somewhat gruesome description of death by crucifixion may be found here (article written by a Christian who was also a professor of Anatomy)



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 


This website basically says that He was quoting from psalms 22

Father, why have you forsaken me?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the LORD,” they say,
“let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)


So in your soul in spirit what was he really saying how' when you put your self in his shoes,what do you feel ?



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
What Jesus said was the truth and the world doesn't change really... it took a few days after others seen what the world and established law did to him, but his message went out into the world and the grave couldn't hold it because it was the truth.

The bulk of society are mere mortals and if you go out into the world and criticize the system (a system in which money buys influence and makes law) trying to tell only the truth, I suspect one would see just how fast the PTB do the same thing they did to Jesus. (in a metaphorical way of course)

Jesus said he was not of this world... they seen Jesus as a homegrown terrorist in a sense, in which he threatened the established system with truth and honesty, his own people brought him to be judged because they were really of this world and did not want a change in the established system, a system in which they too could rule over their fellow man and consume them.

Jesus came so that the blind may see, and those who see may become blind... people don't want to change really, only it would seem they want to get a better seat at the table.

there is a buffet out there, and unless you are at the top of the food chain, everything about you... your essence, your soul, is being consumed.

edit on 1/3/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

So all this was due to what,what was the MAIN purpose of the whole jesus event.



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by Immortalgemini527
 


This website basically says that He was quoting from psalms 22

Father, why have you forsaken me?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the LORD,” they say,
“let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)


But do you think he could had uttered one word in the described condition he was in?


If he was jesus christ, i guess so.
You no what unc,that lady on the other site we are on, told me,she said it wasnt about jesus christ,it was about the WORD.I think i will just go by the word of what allll the jesus christ of allll reliogens have bestowed upon the spirit temple of the human flesh.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool
 


that's why He only quoted the first and last sentences of that psalm...oh father why have u forsaken me, and it is finished.

do i think he physically was able to do that? of course...
if you are going to believe He was resurrected from the dead, then why would it be so far fetched to believe He could say that in His condition? Of course He said it. And I love Him for dying for me.



posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
So all this was due to what,what was the MAIN purpose of the whole Jesus event.


the short answer can be found in Genesis...

Gen 3:22-24

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life"

...you gotta work for it, to be truly enlightened by your fellow human... it is the only way we can all sit on the same side of the table.

like in that famous picture from Leonardo da Vinci, choose life and work toward it to make it happen.

freewill one might also say...





top topics
 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join