It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello and Goodbye....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for a bit now and decided to introduce myself, as well as make some observations.

Shouldn't a thread be required to provide some sort of data/proof in the OP before it is posted? I mean come ON! This site is becoming a laughing stock.

There should be 2 prerequisite entry boxes (to sight/list your sources and proof) in a new thread post entry page.

Predictions, I "feel" this, I'm an (insert your alien, hybrid, demon, starchild, prophet,etc here) with a message, the world is ending, blah blah blah...

With the exception of a few actual reliable and thorough posters I am at a loss to find relevant threads worthy of debate.

It is like a stream of consciousness with all the off the wall ramblings, go do it on twitter.

Anyhow I most humbly request forgiveness for wanting more and yearning to deny ignorance, however I see that ignorance has overrun ATS and and I'm left wanton and lonely in a sad dark corner with other truth seekers and our weapons of mass construction to fend off the idiocy...

I will stick around and see how things go but ATS is not what it once was, a blistering debate of proof-ridden banter and good hardy objections.

paratus

peace be onto all

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Well said. I think the maturity level on this site is well below what it should be.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

You want the proof,

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROOF!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Just learn to ignore or just laugh at those silly troll threads. They're a part of what makes ATS what it is, for better or for worse.

The good thing is, you're not married to ATS so you can bolt for the door anytime things get too wierd.

ETA: Welcome to ATS and have a flag on me.

edit on 12/7/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks guys, and BTW i love to get into the DIRTY PROOF!!!
nicely played

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

It used to be much different round these parts but recently all sorts of havoc have been put in the mix.
CONSPIRACY
not lunacy

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yes, and a CONSPIRACY is just that, there may not be any proof, or evidence, but it may be generally known as the truth. If the OP is pointing at a certain group , let him name the group? I mean, the Christians in here often claim truth, and have only a book for evidence, and that book has been proven mostly wrong. UFO experiencers have no proof either, just a some photos and videos. What did the Ancient Prophets have in the way of proof, especially when they reported a conversation with God?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Please let me know if you ever find a site that is more like what ATS used to be.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I will stick around and see how things go but ATS is not what it once was,

Well, aren't we just so god damn lucky to have you stick around...we've been waiting for more of your kind as without your type of mentality this site is doomed to fail.

With the exception of a few actual reliable and thorough posters I am at a loss to find relevant threads worthy of debate.

I find that the majority of members here are quite reliable and thorough...I think the problem is you have a standard that neither the membership here nor yourself will ever live up to.

So, it's more of a win-win for you, as it's not possible to let you down any more than you already have been...

Cya on the boards...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I dont see why every post on this massive "conspiracy" forum has to be a well documented and sourced expose'.. if that were the case nobody's posts regarding opinions/questions/what if's would be able to be posted - and after all that what alot of this forum is made up of and without it i only see a narrow tunnel of posts coming from it

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Not sure I understand the hostility here. Is everyone supposed to have the same opinion? You think that MOST of the posters are reliable? How so? I read all kinds of stuff that is TOTALLY unproven, ergo unreliable.

Just curious, how old are you? I'm asking because your anger might just be that anger of the young. That would explain to me where your coming from on this.

I REALLY would like to know what you consider reliable. I would like to bring post to your attention then and you can explain to me how I am missing they are reliable.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I guess it all really comes down to perspective...

Like the rest of the interweb world, I view message board forums primarily as a social gathering with implimented theme(s). ATS being a place where social commentary hovering on the abnormal and conspirital medium being the norm. But make no mistake, it's a social gathering first and foremost. It's a place where like minded person(s), despite the side of the coin they reside, can come and 'mingle'. Sure, there are many more 'I feel...', 'I predict...', 'Look at me...' posts than theere are tangable issues to disect, but thats not a detraction, thats a bonus. A bonus that we all get to know each other, our opinions, our base of refrence(s), our apparent intelligence, ect.. So that when 'real' topics come along, we can understand each others offerings better.

Anyway, If your simply looking for 'proof', might I suggest sticking to google and do your own research. However, if your looking for some enjoyable reading, possibly learn a thing or two, and want to offer what you can, when you can, your obviously more than welcome to stay with this social network.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Is everyone supposed to have the same opinion?

If you truly believe your own words, then your own opinion of the OP should be quite similar to mine...apparently the OP feels there is only 1 way to go about business on these boards - his way or the highway.

'Reliable' would be 'diligent'...maybe the opinions of the membership here are out there and not everyone's cup-o-tea, but as long as they took the time to look into the subject, express themselves, and interact with those that respond, I don't buy into the ATS is full of crap.

Most posts on this site are subjective...proof is not necessary when forming an opinion - appreciated, but not necessary. And that's where you:

I read all kinds of stuff that is TOTALLY unproven, ergo unreliable

and the OP fail.

And if you two find this site full of unreliable posts/threads, why hang around..?

Maybe it has something to do with your age, as that would explain your inability to read between the lines.

Once again amc (the theaters..?), from you:

Is everyone supposed to have the same opinion?

Shouldn't you have asked the OP that..?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Your explanation of reliable is questionable, even so with your description you believe that MOST posters here are reliable?

I stay because I hope to read something interesting AND I am entertained by the science fiction that is written here.

Which lines are I missing "between" the lines? Please explain, I'm always interested in learning.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well, we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well I am not sure how long Facelift has been around ATS, but the OP is right. Things here used to be much much different.

For the OP, I understand where your coming from, but you got to take the good with the bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Having been a member here for well over 3years now and a bit of a lurker before that I think it's fair to say that ATS is a pale shadow of it's former self.
There are various reasons for that; post bannings, good members becoming Mods etc and not posting as much, life, increased and more mainstream membership - the reasons are many and varied.

But it is still, by far, the best of it's type around and I forr one intend to stick with it.

The Three Amigo's have a hard task in trying to develop ATS and allow it to grow whilst maintaining it's essence and integrity.
That they have made some mistakes is beyond doubt, but they continue to strve to move forward, and, for little it's worth, they have my utmost regard, respect and gratitude.

It has often been said that ATS can only be a reflection of it's members and the quality of it's members contributions.
That is most definately true and it is up to the newer members, the 'twentytener's' to borrow a phrase
, to continue and progress onwards from where past or older members led.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join