It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Ghost caught on film To Learn By.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Please, LET ME BE CLEAR, even though I find this footage a bit strange, Im guessing the pros around here will have all kinds of reasons why this is fake. (That is IF it is). I am posting it because I really want to learn more about the WHY it is. Not only will I learn something and hopefully others, it will TEACH us what to look for.

Since this is recently posted and has some oddities about it, I am going to use this one so we can start fresh. Maybe this is a Real capture, I don't know, I am here to Learn. I want that very Clear please.I even stated it in the title of this thread.

So, is this a real capture or is it something we can learn about how fakes are made?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I call fake. Mainly for 2 reasons first off, and bear in mind I only watched half of the film at this point. (Will continue watching after I post)

1.) Why isn't the guy filming absolutely scared out of his wits or even showing the slightest bit of emotion towards this ‘ghost’? It did appear in front of him afterall. A sign of it not being real perhaps?

2.) Why is the ghost practically posing for the camera at certain points as well?

As far as I knew, the paranormal didn't exactly work like this otherwise we wouldn't be debating there existence. Then it just conveniently shoots off as well then he goes to call it back again. Nope, I really do doubt this is real. Could be wrong but I just can't see it.

EDIT: Nice video though but it seems like such an obvious fake with bad acting IMO.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I'm guessing hoax.
Looks like a reflection in a pane of glass.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I watched the video with no sound, You can clearly see by video quality that it´s a fake, possible reflection as suggested above. Ghosts IMO don´t hang around for the camera, or point their fingers.

Shame...... but fake.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's freaking hilarious...I can understand what they're saying and it's just so obvious that going by the tone of their voice and them calling that 'thing' out...

Yeah...it seems to be nothing more than another fake ghost video.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's fake all the way. I'll note a couple of things from a VFX Supervisor's perspective.

First off, it's locked off. Allowing ease of vfx work to be done later. It's also incredibly low quality (always the same with every "Oh WOW this is the BEST ghost video EVER" videos).

The 'ghost effect' is incredibly easy to do by anyone with even the slightest knowledge of an editing software or even compositing software. It's just two layers, background, and 'ghost' layer. Slight opacity mix, colour grade and bam. Your vid is done.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeeFX
It's fake all the way. I'll note a couple of things from a VFX Supervisor's perspective.

First off, it's locked off. Allowing ease of vfx work to be done later. It's also incredibly low quality (always the same with every "Oh WOW this is the BEST ghost video EVER" videos).

The 'ghost effect' is incredibly easy to do by anyone with even the slightest knowledge of an editing software or even compositing software. It's just two layers, background, and 'ghost' layer. Slight opacity mix, colour grade and bam. Your vid is done.

Totally agree KeeFX! Any amateur can pull this off these days with the software out there. Low quality so harder to spot the bad blending of the original layers!

Nice try guys!

top topics

join