It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had one wish to help the world out,what would it be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I wish the humans would dissappear.

That would help the world.

Well damn!
REALLY WHY ALL OF THEM?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
that everyone has access to clean pure drinking water

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
I would simply wish for every single person on this planet to have what they needed to bring what they consider "happiness."

What if one persons' happiness was to cause someone else's unhappiness... say for instance Jane wants Joe (to make her happy) and Joe is with Sally and Jane gets Joe and Sally is devastated and depressed, that's just one example, just a hypothetical...some people are happy now....be careful what you wish for!
I think a better wish would be that all our resources be available to everybody and the hoarders have them ripped out of their hands and prosecuted for crimes against humanity.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
That the nose would grow with each lie.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by nerbot
I wish the humans would dissappear.

That would help the world.

Well damn!
REALLY WHY ALL OF THEM?

Because then just about all of the things that people feel the need to wish for would become obsolete.

Maybe then, those things in the world that don't see it as a source to fullfill "wants" would be left in peace to live by their "needs".

This planet has suffered at our hands and unless something changes it ain't gonna get better. Why not a new era without humans?

If our planet had a voice of it's own, name one thing it would say in our defence if we were faced with inevitable and prompt extinction? What would it say "thanks" for, why would it stand up for us?

I imagine it wouldn't say anything but breath a BIG sigh of relief.
edit on 7/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I suggest you read Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski and than come back to discuss this with me.

This is why the terms are sometimes defined as service to self through serving others (STO) or serving others through serving the self (STS). Or as Ra puts it, worshiping God in self or worshiping God in creation, all service is thus of the One in the end. See Cassiopaea transcripts for much more.

Light / darkness - The darkness is the backdrop into which the light shines. Both are necessary for defining each other. See Gravity.

Radiance / absorption - STS corresponds to absorbing or concentrating energy. STO corresponds to radiating outward.

Freedom / control - STS is concerned with control over all aspects of self and others. STS also believes that by imposing its laws it is helping the universe to return to the One, thus it thinks its action is a service to others. STO sees creation as inherently limitless and is not concerned with determining what is 'good' for another.

Expansion / contraction - Exploring possibilities corresponds to STO, imposing limits on others to STS.

Network / hierarchy - In terms of social organization, STS naturally tends towards the hierarchy with internal competition for resources and power. STO tends towards sharing and passing around that which is received. See 'Networking', 'STS Hierarchy.'

Giving vs. Taking - C's: STS does not eat according to protocol. It takes if it is capable. STO gives all to those who ask. See All to those who Ask.

Objectivity / subjectivity - Wishful thinking is the hallmark of STS. They only see what they want to see. [C's] See 'Objectivity' and 'Subjectivity.'

Good / evil - In human ethical terms, what is generally considered evil most often corresponds to STS. The terms are however laden with a baggage of subjectivity and what is good for one can be bad for another, thus these are easily misleading. The polarization to either STO/STS cannot be reduced to an external code of ethics only.

From a cosmic standpoint, both polarities are necessary. This does not however mean that these can be effectively reconciled at the human level. Thus the cosmic call on the human is to choose one or the other.

Source:glossary.cassiopaea.com...

The reason, in my opinion, the world is in such a mess is that today we have Service To Selfers running the planet at the expense of everyone else.

Because we are all interconnected being service to others indirectly is service to self as well but total Service to self at the expense of everyone else, again in my opinion is wrong.

That in and of itself is why if humanity doesn't change from sts to sto we possibly risk annihilation.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

I'm a good follower, would never make a good ruler.

Have never wanted to rule anything, too much responsibity, can barely take care and keep myself on track.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is the world a bad place, or are we focusing on the negative? If we focus on the negative, does it make the world a bad place?

www.goodmood-news.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

What if one persons' happiness was to cause someone else's unhappiness...

Than that is service to self vs service to others and why many of the problems that currently plague our planet happen.

Wars are fought for greed and power (by manipulating people into fear and hatred).

Some have so much they can never use or spend it all.

Some have so little they die by the tens of thousands each day (many children) from lack of food and water.

The BP Oil spill occurred from greed and service to self (more profit $$$)

If humanity is to continue on and progress we must stop acting like little spoiled children who think only of ourselves and consider everyone else, our planet and all beings who reside on our planet.

We must become service to others.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I wish all liberals, God haters and pretend christians in America were exiled to North Korea, their natural homeland, in a blink of an eye. This would actually save the world, for at least a season. I think it would actually delay the approaching nuclear holocaust.

Unfortunately that would only leave about 8 million souls in all of America, so it would be a bit tricky at first to defend our borders. Perhaps we would have to extend the salvation to a few more million committed patriots. America, would again be the land of the free and home of the brave, until the banksters found a new way to pervert all that is good and right in America. Maybe it would take them another 150 years, like the first time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Come on now what do you Jesus Christ would say to you for wishing that on your brothers and sisters? The world would be a much better place if there was no Religion!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would wish that every single person had the gift of "empathy" ... true empathy for another living creature would have profound effect on the world as a whole, by starting with the individual.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wish that people could truly forgive themselves and find passion and conviction for the love of all species. I wish for true abundance for everyone and total unity and balance amongst all Gods creatures.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cradle12003

Come on now what do you Jesus Christ would say to you for wishing that on your brothers and sisters? The world would be a much better place if there was no Religion!

It seems appropriate to me. Because of the efforts of the psychotic left and other tools of the banksters, America stands at the brink of destruction. Why should those who still love this country and the religion it was founded on, Christianity, have to be destroyed with the rest of the libertine leftists?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
True, in all it's glory, enlightenment for all. We wouldn't feel lost anymore. We'd know all there is to know. There would be no more hunger, wars, sickness, corruption, selfishness, sadness or death. It would solve everything at the same time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Another little teddy that thinks humanity are the most evil thing to touch this planet. Hey, how about you lead the charge to cleanse the human filth from this planet, starting with yourself? Yeah, you don't have the guts to do it, know why? Instinct. Nature. "Nature" got us to this stage, all that we are doing is natural. What, you think we are above that?

A whole lot of the posts here reminds me of the other "hippies" threads going on recently. I don't mind hippies that help their fellow man, but damn I dislike the naive ones that an existence based on pure love and kindness is needed, as the views portrayed in this thread. Guess what sweetheart, there is an equilibrium, love/hate, it makes our emotions have meaning.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would wish for the heart to take place of the mind. one love

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I wish our nature was not to subdue, but to share.

I wish everyone only desired what the least of us need.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I would wish all the people like Seven Thunders, that suffer from the disease of hate, avarice and mean spiritedness could find peace and grace.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Here's my wish:

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join