What's this huge 'light beam' on SOHO??!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Anyone seen anything like this on SOHO before?
Any ideas what might have caused it?

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 3-7-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It looks like it is caused by light from venus reflecting off swamp gas, and maybe a weather baloon.

Wasn't that from MIB?

Soho is very strange, you wander why they dont have a summery of the pics with all the weird stuff on there.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It's probably the result of a small object near the camera, reflecting light from the sun onto the ccd. It's probably rotating as well, because the lines is not the same width at all places.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ok, perhaps I am asking a stupid question here, but SOHO says

"List of summary images for July 3, 2004
There are no images available for this date."

The date on the above image shows 2004/07/03..so where is it?

I can't even find the image unless I click on the link

[edit on 3-7-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
The date on the above image shows 2004/07/03..so where is it?

I can't even find the image unless I click on the link

[edit on 3-7-2004 by NetStorm]

Emm good point, I dunno about that..
Any SOHO experts here able to shed light on this?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Try this link.

Shows all the frames

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Try this link.

Shows all the frames

Coool..thanks...wierd how it says there are no images for the 3rd...yet there they are...go figure..

have a funny day and a safe 4th

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
makes you wander why nasa scientist have kept their mouths shut about explaining this and i wont be surprised if they come out and say it was swap gas and a flock of birds

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's a site with alot of wierd pics from soho!!

museum20000.homestead.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Um......whats Soho?

lol

Deep

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Another oddball picture here, a little different from the normal streaks...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Excelent link rskdev..

I'm dont think i'm gonnanget some work done with
these cool pic's and explanations.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
From somebody who has followed the SOHO saga for years

That image is not unexplainable.
However, HUNDREDS of images from SOHO have captured rogue asteroids, unexplainable objects etc....

SOHO was certainly censoring images when they claimed their plates were baked a few years ago
Eagles Disobey were onto them for a while

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
whoa.......and I MEAN whoa............

Ok...I guess I am spending the rest of MY evening researching odd SOHO pics........

whoa

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Look at how many "comets" SOHO has found;
sci.esa.int...

James McCanney ( a"renegade" Astronomer/Astrophysicist, like me) has also done some good work on it;
www.jmccanneyscience.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I saw these also and was very curious. I check SOHO images daily (I know, I'm a dork). And I mentioned in another post how very weird it was that:

1) They decided to do a CCD Bakeout during June - the most active month for metiors/asteroids.

2) At the same time Spaceweather.com was pointing out high sunspot activity, the potential for X-class solar flares and intense solar winds from two coronal holes.

3) The SWAN images which normally are posted every 2-4 days had nothing from 6/19 through 7/2 (and this is the comet tracking map).

4) Now that Swan is finally back up take a look a the pretty little (not) meteor shower. (wonder what we missed)

5) There was one day (sorry can't remember the date anymore but I also posted this in another thread) that the LASCO 3 showed what looked like a significant solar flare but the LASCO 2 images for the same time period were not there. The images for that date were there but the several hours where LASCO 3 looks to be ablaze - there are no LASCO 2 available for comparison.

I could go on and on - but something is amiss. Even if this weird streak turnes out to be a technical glitch - we are not getting all the info from NASA. What are they hiding from us?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yeh, comets interact with stars and planets.
They don't like showing the "interactions" publically. Because then they would have to acknowledge McCanney's work.

It would also expose NASA's utter ignorance about the interactions...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Is anyone have problems connecting to the
lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil
Site?
I havn't been able to for at least a few days, it keeps coming up 'Not Found'.
I can still get onto the NASA soho site though..

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sorry Smith - didn't see your post yesterday. I am able to get in. Have things cleared up for you?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just one more thing I find very odd about SOHO images.....now I realize that there must be some techincal process through which these images must go in order to get the great depcitions we see. However, if you look at the index of the files for the SWAN images (and I bet for most of the various types of images) you can see that there seems to be no pattern to the date they are "last updated" other than the fact that when there appears to be very interesting things happening the updates happen frequently and considerably after the date the images were supposedly taken. Just check out this list - look at the "last modified" date, then click on the image and see the date of the image. Now also compare the modificaton dates throughout the list - they jump back and forth in time. Meaning they are consistently updated XX number of days after the image is taken. But rather some groups are updated all on the same day, some images that were taken later in time have a more recent modification date than some that were taken after that time. OK - I'm talking myself in circles, but just check out the list. HERE

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join