posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
I saw these also and was very curious. I check SOHO images daily (I know, I'm a dork). And I mentioned in another post how very weird it was
1) They decided to do a CCD Bakeout during June - the most active month for metiors/asteroids.
2) At the same time Spaceweather.com was pointing out high sunspot activity, the potential for X-class solar flares and intense solar winds from two
3) The SWAN images which normally are posted every 2-4 days had nothing from 6/19 through 7/2 (and this is the comet tracking map).
4) Now that Swan is finally back up take a look a the pretty little (not) meteor shower. (wonder what we missed)
5) There was one day (sorry can't remember the date anymore but I also posted this in another thread) that the LASCO 3 showed what looked like a
significant solar flare but the LASCO 2 images for the same time period were not there. The images for that date were there but the several hours
where LASCO 3 looks to be ablaze - there are no LASCO 2 available for comparison.
I could go on and on - but something is amiss. Even if this weird streak turnes out to be a technical glitch - we are not getting all the info from
NASA. What are they hiding from us?