It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Muslims want Islam in politics, poll says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Majority of Muslims want Islam in politics, poll says

articles.latimes.com

Many Muslims described a struggle in their country between fundamentalists and modernizers, especially those who may have felt threatened by the rising tides of conservatism. Among those respondents who identified a struggle, most tended to side with the modernizers. This was especially true in Lebanon and Turkey, where 84% and 74%, respectively, identified themselves as modernizers as opposed to fundamentalists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is probably the only piece of good news in the whole article...

I understand that some people believe their religious ideas trump their political associations, and for the individual I'm sure that is mostly true.

However, I'm a firm believer that religion should have NO PLACE in politics. When it does, it wastes time, resources and other things which could be spent on objective issues.

Subjective beliefs should be kept out of the fray of government and voting.

articles.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Obvious as it is, on your stand on religion and democracy and not the common term, "politics" why hasn't a proposed Christian aligned building been proposed at meca, is it perhaps that its a non topic, is it perhaps as a particular member had opened a argument that it should be turned into glass manufacturing rather than oil driven social and ideological and economical status.

The fact seems to show that a free flow human being is what not is welcomed.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised that no one on this thread has tried to sell the readers, or suggested that the phrase " separation of church and state ", is in our Constitution. Which clearly, it is not!
I agree with the above, that there is no room for religious belief's of any sort within our political community. Especially when religion in its self, has been the cause for more war, famine, and plagues, than anything else in our history.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesn't that go without saying?
Atheists would want no god in politics, catholics would want catholicism in politics, hindus would want hinduism, christians would want christianity and so on and so forth.

This article is like saying "Apparently Mothers Are Found To Love Their Children"

But in any case yes I agree with you politics and religion do not mix and should not

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The full poll is here, with plenty of very interesting statistics:

pewglobal.org...-jump

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree religion should stay out of politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
The full poll is here, with plenty of very interesting statistics:

pewglobal.org...-jump

If i am mistaken and if so then i humbly acknowledge my lack of comprehension, but do you honestly refer viewers to a link that obviously all but neutral.. >

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Religion and politics need to be separated yes, but morals need to accompany the law. What is a society without moral? Religion is the attempt at monopolizing morals and to control who they affect by influencing law. Religion is a tool to weaken politics and law.

Religions are based around cultures who create societies with common shared interests in the hopes of order taking root, which would aid in the expansion of power and influence in the surrounding region. The law of man trumps the morals of God, why?, because God micromanages while politics takes the big picture into account.

There is a supreme God and I feel that God will only come when the ppl are united, in war or peace doesnt matter as long as this God knows the people are ready for the law of the big picture. God works in mysterious ways and in effect causes all religious argument to become a game of "whodunnit?"

Islam needs to clean up its image or rish being ostracized further in the West. Women run the West and men run the East. So we're dealing with College as the west and Jupiter as the East lol-inside joke back 2 your program- Law of a ppl should trump any dogma, I dont care what God you claim. But Satanism should be abolished, all other religion tolerated.

reply to post by HunkaHunka

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

How is it biased? To what side?
Its just stating statistics and opinion poll results without much further commentary most of the time.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What i was pointing out is the fact that due to illiterate people and the well orchestrated usage of linguistics we/them/us can have influenced a social order.

So when a title has a word or phrase then it does trigger interaction to a point that it can as negligible as it seems on an initial point but may grow to a point of concern that myself take grate interest.

To assume that the intelligent use of language and law will allow a stealth approach to an order or religion who its fundamental approach is to decapitate its rivals is far from reality to say the least, in fact, we are here and will be way after its ideology has been cemented within a life organism.
edit on 7-12-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Islam is more then just a religion, it is a political system and legal system. If they have Islam in politics then we have Shariah law to govern the people.

en.wikipedia.org...

1. Non-Muslims must pay residence tax - "dhimma"
  2. Death Penalty for Homosexuality
  3. Sharia does not allow freedom of speech against Islam ( criticism ) Punishable by Death.
  4. Liquor and gambling are expressly prohibited
  5. In accordance with the Qur'an and several hadith, theft is punished by imprisonment or amputation of hands or feet,
  6. stoning to death is the penalty for married men and women who commit adultery.

This is a short list... you get the idea of the legal system that would be imposed if Muslim's control government and take over the legal system. Which is what they do.

Here is an article with an 8 year old boy being punished for stealing [GRAPHIC WARNING]

www.trosch.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought sharia would be less effective against criminals but when i checked the Global crime statistics the lowest crimes were commited in Saudia Arabia and Qatar where Sharia law is applied.

Global Crime Statistics

Thieves have their hands chopped, drug dealers face death penalty etc etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I'm actually surprised that no one on this thread has tried to sell the readers, or suggested that the phrase " separation of church and state ", is in our Constitution. Which clearly, it is not!

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion,

Athiesm -is- a legal religion, with all the benefits and bonuses a religion offers.
therefore, a preaching of even a "general" God or creator signifies religious preference and establishment, because it goes against the athiest religion.

Just felt like pointing that out

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

..ehm.. ...what?? Does not compute..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
why did you feel the need to post this "information" on ATS?

I agree with previous poster, this "information" is just obvious. Any supporter of any religion wants their religion represented in their government...

Or was your plan to rattle the cages of the anti-islam crowd? Thats probably more it than "oh hey look at this neat piece of news"

Sad. Truly a waste of pixles and bandwidth.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm very aware of what the First Amendment states, and what the Founding fathers laid out as a foundation for the 1st. I don't see the point you made, besides the fact you identified the 1st, and yet made no real point?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
I thought sharia would be less effective against criminals but when i checked the Global crime statistics the lowest crimes were commited in Saudia Arabia and Qatar where Sharia law is applied.

Global Crime Statistics

Thieves have their hands chopped, drug dealers face death penalty etc etc.

Yeah, well guess what I'd rather live with crime than became demonic and that is what it means to think you own and can harm, mutlilate or murder others.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by Doujutsu

Yeah, well guess what I'd rather live with crime than became demonic and that is what it means to think you own and can harm, mutlilate or murder others.

I was just saying it seems real effective method on lowering crimes to 0%.

And most of the punishments are public execution aswel lol!

Pschycologically very effective.

new topics

top topics

join