It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS more concerned about cash than the Truth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I feel and I feel others feel that ATS is more into the cash than the truth. With all the advertisements constantly bombarding the truth seeker, It makes it almost impossible to say otherwise...

My point being ATS chooses what it censors and my question to the moderators is what's the cash flow like from the advertisers? (If applicable) Are you told this can't be on your website if this advertiser wants to advertise with you.

Does ATS censor to appease its big ad campaign? Can I get some answers to my questions or will just get the delete thread treatment, to appease your masters ATS?

I hope this thread goes somewhere, because I just took the time to type this and time is money. Everyone's time here is money!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSAisaSCAM

My point being ATS chooses what it censors and my question to the moderators is what's the cash flow like from the advertisers? (If applicable) Are you told this can't be on your website if this advertiser wants to advertise with you.

Well I don't know about this part here, but the other points you've made -

Who is going to pay for a web site ike this to be up? Surely you won't buy a membership, now will you? Thus, advertisements.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You do realize that it does take money to run a site right?

Oh and by the way.. Philosophy makes wonderful products (if you are in need of a great gift) So does Bobbi Brown.

I'm betting a majority of posters here are male, and no offence boys, sometimes you need a wee bit of help in the gift department

link   
reply to post by TSAisaSCAM

As far as I can remember ATS has not censored a single thing I've written.

What have you written that was censored that has you all in a fit?

link   
reply to post by hhcore

Web hosting is not that expensive, Advertisers of course are nice for the money, but my real question is. Is ATS more concerned about their AD revenues than their quest to "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Eh, I do not trust ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My, you are certainly sure of yourself having just gotten here. I think you're way off base here. A sight this big has to pay for itself somehow. I don't find the adds particularly bothersome myself. As for ATS censorship? What censorship? Once in awhile a mod will get involved when someone is being an idiot, but I have seen little evidence of censorship since I have been here. Given the amount of totally useless threads on here I think you can make a case that ATS isn't at all about denying ignorance, but censorship? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Well in short, "A cure for world hunger" and "wikileaks being psyop with ATS promoting it"

Almost like CIA operatives working with ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thread will go somewhere alright...
To the Trash Bin.

Dude, it's there site and they can advertise as they please.
Just like AJ sells DVD's, so he can buy HD video camera, so he can pay his crew, so he can expand his office and his message.

[Sure, some of it goes to the finer things in life.. but hell, this is capitalism. WELCOME to it]

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I totally agree there is a conundrum of useless information, But IMO that's almost what keeps ATS alive.... All the google links etc...

I almost feel the real truth is being censored, And I know others must feel the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

So your saying ATS is a Business model and not a real free community bent on finding the real truth? Or did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Well in short, "A cure for world hunger" and "wikileaks being psyop with ATS promoting it"

Almost like CIA operatives working with ATS.

*Palmforehead*

Maybe you might need a wee bit of a break from the computer.. get some fresh air!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Justaposter because: (no reason given)

link   

I feel and I feel others feel that ATS is more into the cash than the truth. With all the advertisements constantly bombarding the truth seeker, It makes it almost impossible to say otherwise...

I don't even notice the ads honestly. There are far less ads on ATS than any other site I join. Also ads help keep the site running.

I am not a mod but I don't think that is really relevant. They have to stick to certain guidelines since people of all ages are on here so somethings are censored yes. I also don't think advertisers care, I could be wrong but advertising is advertising.

Does ATS censor to appease its big ad campaign? Can I get some answers to my questions or will just get the delete thread treatment, to appease your masters ATS?

If you asked in a nice way and not the way you are you might but asking like this will probably get you nowhere.

I hope this thread goes somewhere, because I just took the time to type this and time is money. Everyone's time here is money!

Wow what an attitude. What money? You took what less than a minute to make this and bash a site you are fairly new to? If you have problems with how they advertise or what they censor then by all means find another site.

link   
WikiLeaks Is Not A CIA Psy-Ops , and how this thread is allowed to continue, but the other view is censored... I dunno... Not cool imo.

And the trash bin IMO is where a lot of the most important threads go.... GIVE ME ACCESS TO THE TRASH!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Eh, I do not trust ATS.

If you don't trust ATS then why are you here? Unless you are just being a smarty pants

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Is this thread really necessary.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Well one of the ad's wouldn't let me click recent posts... So that's where my idea came from, More into helping the advertisers than searching for the truth....

And at least I'm not some CIA psy-op [snip] with all of you!!!

edit on 7/12/10 by masqua because: censor circumvention removed

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Dude was your post really needed?

link   

So the people who spend the most time here are not allowed their due?

They can have even more ads if they want, as long as there is a place for all crazyness to come together.

The truth is here already. You just have to keep digging.

link   

WikiLeaks Is Not A CIA Psy-Ops , and how this thread is allowed to continue, but the other view is censored... I dunno... Not cool imo.

And the trash bin IMO is where a lot of the most important threads go.... GIVE ME ACCESS TO THE TRASH!!!

Well the thread you mentioned is written in a thought out professional manner. The OP who I happen to respect on that thread isn't attacking anyone or demanding anything. You seem to be doing both. It's all in how you ask for something or present something.

IMO the trash bin has just that, trash.

If you want to ask things of mods or the owners you should learn to ask in a nicer manner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join