It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you think the next "terrorist" attack is going to be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
well, ive wondered this for some time and just dont know. ive thought a little nuke or something like that. my friends think it would be biological, but i doubt that, due to the inefficeny. our government always warns us in generic terms, never to many details. now,however, they are saying "big attack" or "major" but almost always, they predict bigger than 9/11. do you think they are for real or just trying to monger fear in us to keep "support" for the "war on terror" ongoing?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
well, the whole thing is, they cannot keep the threats up for long. People are only going to keep feeling justification if something happens. But, if the entire point is to allow for the Patriot Act to become permanent, then the reasoning will be: "See nothing happened under the Patriot Act."
If they want to enact the second patriot act something will have to happen. My guess though is that it will occur within the year, most likely closer to a year from now.
But then some would say, it could happen at anytime, but I don't think thats the point of your thread as you put terrorist in quotes.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think a dirty bomb might be the next big terrorist attack. They are just so easy to make and you can get the material to make one from alot of different sources and it wouldnt cost the terrorist 200million like a small nuclear weapon would.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i thought about the dirty bomb to, but they dont seem to be to big of damage though. ill admit im not that familiar with them. i dont think they will use numbers to gauge this attack. maybe more of a, how do i say this..more important casualty like,(god forgive me for this) kids..i dunno, think that would hit harder

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Yeah the blast of a dirty bomb is same as any convential bomb but the radiation is the real power of a dirty bomb. Depending on what radioactive material you used the radiation could vary alot and theres alot of stuff you could use. I think it could have a big impact just for the fact if they did it and people heard the words radiation and terrorist attack on the news alot of people would flip out and panic because most people dont know what a dirty bomb is exactly and that panic might cause more damage then the bomb itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
hey dumb question here, but where did you get your avatar? ive just started hearin about these, but cant find a site. you gotta make em?or you know where i can find some?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The next terrorist attack is going to be dogs.

Yep.

Canines, or as I like to call them, K-9ers!

Fleas

Ooooh those tricky terrorists, they hit us with Dogs and we won't know if the attack will be bite, claw, or fleas!

Just...shoot every dog you see over the next week, any cats you see as well just to be safe.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
You can use any picture you find as a avatar as long as it fits the size restrictions. There is a tutorial tab at the top of the page that explains how to do it and its very helpful. There are sites that have pics just for avatars try doing a google search Im sure you will find a bunch.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, we know that these terrorists are NOT stpuid. They're very smart, in fact, which is one of the major reasons they're so dangerous. I believe they are smart enough to know better than to try the same tactics twice. Therefore, I don't think the next major terrorist attack in the U.S. will involve planes, or New York City, NY.

My gut tells me that the next target will either be Houston, TX (since President Bush is from Texas, has a daughter and family that lives there; it's also one of the largest cities in the U.S., and the largest port in the U.S.; finally, it's a major import location for oil & natural gas), Chicago, IL, or Los Angeles, CA. All three are major cities in the U.S. that are far away from New York City, NY.

My gut also tells me that they'll either use a truck or a boat next time, since planes have already been used, and the alert level for planes is way up now. Maybe someone will drive a boat filled with explosives into Houston Bay and blow up an oil refinery? Or maybe they'll drive a truck full of explosives into a movie studio and blow it up...

I would also worry about the possibility of a "dirty nuclear" bomb or a biological attack at a major social event in the U.S., such as the Super Bowl or the Academy Awards...

But I pray to God that nothing even remotely close to the horror of Sept. 11, 2001 ever happens again...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't have any feeling on the method; there are so many and the choice depends on what kind of aftermath pictures (i.e. affect) you want delivered to the intended audience. Let's talk about the target first.

Whoever carries out the attack, as you know there are debates in other forums, wants us not to retreat into fortress America, but rather to become blind with rage, to act irrationally, and rush straight into our demise.

Not just us, but our allies as well. Not our paper-only allies, but the ones who actually have some skin in the game.

The next attack will involve an elementary school in Middle America; lots of white victims (numerical majority). No one cries for dead minority children anymore, not because we don't care but because we are jaded from the body count delivered to us on the nightly news.

If you want a live show, you will need to secure the school and wait for the television cameras. Then you will want witnesses to say they saw dark skinned Muslim men doing the deed. However, therein lays the problem. For this to happen dark/olive skinned "terrorists" would have to get close to the target. That way: we all saw who did it, we all know how they did it, and no one feels safe.

A better way would be to hit-and-run the target. Use white skinned Muslims for the job. That way: no one saw who did it, no one knows how they did it, and no one is safe.

Either way should be easy to carry-out, easy to assign blame, and easy to create fear.

The weapon should leave the victims bodies bloodied but basically intact. This will have the most effect as emergency personnel break down, as they bring out the victims, all on televison. Then we'll have no problem in meeting our armed forces' recruiting goals, we'll have no problem in sending all the weekend warriors to fight, we'll have no problem in brain draining several generations, and we'll have no problem starting something that could end us all.

Just MHO.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
First they sabotage our supply of toiletpaper,
then they put laxatives in our drinkingwater...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
why is it the anti-terrorist people think the terrorists will hit targets like Big Ben??? Terrorist want people dead

what would the damage be like if terrorists blew up the London Dam?? would london flood???? That is a scary thought

top topics

join