It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are you a FLAG seeker -STAR seeker OR A TRUTH SEEKER.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I simply like to participate and learn. I do like the extra pleasure I get.

I can't help it I'm an ATS junky....

I can understand and somewhat we all are ATS junkies, when work is slow for me ATS becomes work for the day for me sometimes.
thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I was told there was a Golden AK-47 with extended cliips and genade launcher attachment at the final level completion. I haven't stopped working for it yet.

WOW wasnt expecting that! Does sound like a nice gift now that you mention it.

I like to post to get out the topic I find to be interesting. As you can see, many of my threads don't get a lot of attention but they get replys etc (and some don't).

Yea thats the ATS game for sure. Do you post to please or to educate, very important when considering a posters social integrity.

But the topic is there. I can't help it that it doesn't stike a cord and get a ton of S&F's etc. Doesn't matter. I can't help what people say/type and/or do. Only what I do. If they like it-great.

And thats all that counts whats important to you.

Example. I feel this thread I did on a American US Solider from WWII is a great story and demostrates the ability of Russian and the US to work together and not against. To me, the true comspriacy-keep the sides at odds etc. But it really did die. I think the other 3 flags came later as there were no comments. Anyway, back then, I thought I had a winner. Everyone would fall all over......

Yea I know what you mean and really it may have still been a winner just when being observed by eyes that many may not sense are paying attention, so I wouldnt call it a fail just because it wasnt about the most interesting thing to some. To me that is a very important topic because as you said it shows how enemy sides can work together so why all the WARS??? unless intentionally set in play by ???

It died quickly but for me, the story and research I did on it was a turning point. I decide to stay with posting what I like and want to see discussed and not worry about pleasing etc.

And thats all that counts my friend.
thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks all for the input any new comments are welcome. Mabey a lil message will find its way to the copy posters and they will nolonger do so.... Mabey just mabey PEACE

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I really don't care about stars or flags, i have even stopped creating new posts. I just add commentary to existing threads so that takes me out of the flag race. Less troll attacks that way.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
I really don't care about stars or flags, i have even stopped creating new posts. I just add commentary to existing threads so that takes me out of the flag race. Less troll attacks that way.

Thanks debris765, I see what you mean and its sad you got to worry about troll attacks. I remember when I first came into ATS I was checking out some of your pics in concerned with other dimension beings. Thing is even if you are 100% correct fear and not wanting to see the truth may slow many individuals from having the ability to what you bring forth. So dont be discouraged and take care friend.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I could careless about stars and flags but I know and can tell many on here do. If one person reads it then I'm happy. I don't need validation.

I too have noticed the mass amounts of duplicates and I think it's a mixture of laziness and people wanting credit and or fame as you call it. I have seen older member do this as well and they should know better. I saw one totally hijack a thread a couple weeks ago from a newer member and the original thread was ignored and the older member got all the credit.

I will say it again til I am blue in the face, it takes less than three mins to skim the first two pages of recent posts and to check the firehouse of recent topics, yet not many seem to take the time to do it. Topics like this Assange being arrested, my god how many were there between 5:30am and 6am?! It's all I saw when I logged in this morning. That is a topic one has to know that chances are it's been posted. I don't even bother with some topics because I know my European buddies will have beaten me to it by the time I wake up

I personally wish they would take away stars and flags. It should be about content not how many flags a post gets. I see people getting stars for smart ass comments and yet thought out responses get nothing. It's a popularity contest to some as well.

But hey what can you do...I just try and ignore, minus the alerting of duplicates

Forgot to answer your question..lol

I make threads because I have something I find interesting and want to share. I don't seek anything out of it other than letting people see what I have put together, albeit they aren't wonderful fantastic earth shattering threads, but they are still things I want to share with others.
edit on 12/7/2010 by mblahnikluver because: fix my post

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well personaly I rarely make a thread. I tend to log on, find a subject that interests me (usualy political in nature, or pertaining to UFO , or illegal activity by supposedly moraly superior nations , naming no names) and comment on the article , opinion, or other data provided.
I dont come here to get stars, or flags, or applause (though its nice when I do) nor am I here to make friends. I am here because I need to excersize my mind , and because sometimes you just have to send your messege, in the hope that someone hears it and understands. My best friends, we can talk for hours on a subject, but sometimes its better to debate with people from different walks of life. It prevents your arguments getting stale,and promotes a wider world view. This is important for me, because comming from Britain, its quite easy to become the stereotypical " It aint appenin ere, so I dont care about it" type. I have never been one to allow that, but comming here every day to talk politics and conspiracy is just so liberating from a psychological point of veiw.
I learn alot here every day , and my only hope is that I can occasionaly teach someone something they didnt know, show them something they missed along the path... I have no other motivation for being here, but the benifits to my mental strength, and the chance to help someone else strengthen thier mind also.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I have only read the first few posts.
Stars,flags and recognition,hummm...
I WANT THEM ALL AND I WANT THEM NOW!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

If there was ever a more clever thread to fish for flags; I haven't seen it......so I gave you one.

On a personal note...I appreciate stars and flags but not as much as I once did, because when a mod or 3amigo creates a thread or post they usually rake in the stars and flags even when it's complete drivel; it sort of cheapens the whole idea.
and sure I'm a truth seeker but finding it on a conspiracy site is a rare occurrence.

I appreciate applause from mods because with them you get points and I'm saving up for a bicycle.

edit on 7-12-2010 by whaaa because: clarification

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dont care about a recognition system,.
I for the most part enjoy the site,.
and am here to find the truth,.though wading through the sea of ignorance often gets tiresome

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I sift through the poop and respond to topics i find of interest. Stars and flags? Im on the interwebs.. I save the warm fuzzies for the real life...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Good question. Neither and none.

I come here mainly for breaking news and because I'm bored.

I always love reading something here and then seeing it on the news the next day
and I can say to my family, "Oh I read something about this"..and they all think I'm smart.
I'm half kidding about that last part.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

BTW I was just wondering...does anyone know what those stats are under our avatars?

For instance mine says

P 136 F 4 S 115
W 0.95 K 13

P=posts?
F=flags?
S=stars?
w=???
K=???
edit on 7-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm only interested in learning about things...not necessarily what I'm interested in at the moment but what jumps out at me, especially if it's something I know little about. Stars and flags are not that important to me and I don't choose threads to read or reply to based on them. I'm interested in learning at this point. Maybe someday I'll be interested in starting threads when I feel I have something to say, but right now; no. I'm here for the ride.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I could careless about stars and flags but I know and can tell many on here do. If one person reads it then I'm happy. I don't need validation.

Sounds like a truth seeker to me, basically putting valid information out there to help others and not seeking any prize or reward for doing it.

I too have noticed the mass amounts of duplicates and I think it's a mixture of laziness and people wanting credit and or fame as you call it. I have seen older member do this as well and they should know better. I saw one totally hijack a thread a couple weeks ago from a newer member and the original thread was ignored and the older member got all the credit.

That is just plain ignorant and I am sure the copier knew what they were doing and still did it. That type of individual shows they just are star and flag seeking and not about sharing truth for better advancment, very sad.

I will say it again til I am blue in the face, it takes less than three mins to skim the first two pages of recent posts and to check the firehouse of recent topics, yet not many seem to take the time to do it.

See I think some do look thru and see the rising threads and begin to bandwagon its kind of funny and imature in nature but I guess some gotta feel special in some way even if on ATS.

I personally wish they would take away stars and flags. It should be about content not how many flags a post gets. I see people getting stars for smart ass comments and yet thought out responses get nothing. It's a popularity contest to some as well.

A major popularity contest. But I do like the S&F system because it helps you to see if the content within your threads is producing enough data to attract some who may be seeking truth. I just think mabey the mods should close the threads as I have seen them do that are clear copies from another member just to get S&F credit..

Thanks mblahnikluver

edit on 12/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well personaly I rarely make a thread. I tend to log on, find a subject that interests me (usualy political in nature, or pertaining to UFO , or illegal activity by supposedly moraly superior nations , naming no names) and comment on the article , opinion, or other data provided.
I dont come here to get stars, or flags, or applause (though its nice when I do) nor am I here to make friends. I am here because I need to excersize my mind , and because sometimes you just have to send your messege, in the hope that someone hears it and understands.

Seems to me you are more into seeking data pertaining to your world/habitat which is why most are into conspiracy theories. Thing is that makes you a truth seeker in my view because you have the hunger to want to understand more.

My best friends, we can talk for hours on a subject, but sometimes its better to debate with people from different walks of life. It prevents your arguments getting stale,and promotes a wider world view.

This is on of my fav. reasons for being here as well, I can relate to that. Some of my friends yes I can get into convos. about some conspiracy related topics but then they either get to uncomfortable or just deny the possibility. So to come to a global site like ATS and get perspective views from around the world does help keep the conversation content discussed by me personally revived and interesting.

I learn alot here every day , and my only hope is that I can occasionaly teach someone something they didnt know, show them something they missed along the path...

And with that mentality the truth shall continue to come forth in the light for all to see and understand. People who are willing to help their fellow species advance (sto) are the type of people to me that are real leaders.

Thanks for your input to the thread friend.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have only read the first few posts.
Stars,flags and recognition,hummm...
I WANT THEM ALL AND I WANT THEM NOW!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

If there was ever a more clever thread to fish for flags; I haven't seen it......so I gave you one.

thank you friend you see the stars are eliminated lol, but im not fishing as I am trying to see if others recognize what I see going on sometimes here.

On a personal note...I appreciate stars and flags but not as much as I once did, because when a mod or 3amigo creates a thread or post they usually rake in the stars and flags even when it's complete drivel; it sort of cheapens the whole idea.

I have seen that before but I think the mods just got the skill down pack with attracting members and their interest so they get the major amounts of S&F support sometimes.

and sure I'm a truth seeker but finding it on a conspiracy site is a rare occurrence.

Yes I agree but thats what makes conspiracies what they are many are imaginative hopes and some are truth and the ones that are truth are just amazing and make up for all the b.s. in between.

Thanks whaaa

edit on 12/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
and am here to find the truth,.though wading through the sea of ignorance often gets tiresome

The sea of ignorance is a large one for sure but you just gotta keep you b.s. meter on and sort thru it like the rest of us. Sometimes I think the sea is intentional as to not alarm the populace of certain subjects so the b.s. is placed in to sorta sugar coat the truth that some may not be ready to except..

thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

So you are more of a truth seeker as many others are.
thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join