It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I learn Austrillian?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah but its still gonna be a tough ask to teach Blue_Mage to speak Aussie!

Well? thats if RR is going to use that account or make another.

We`ll have to see if another raised muslim/once proud athiest/Jew arrives who creates zillions of the threads on BTS

How hard would that be to spot?

edit on 10-12-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Ahh good that he is still around. I do like him myself. His detached persona provides a great non-mainstream view of things. I'm probably just biased as I always befriended the "detached" kids as a child.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Well I really dont know if he will stay around,I did see the thread he started requesting to have his account deleted.

Which got him banned.

Blue_Mage was on the last day that RR was on,so?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I know his cousin posts on here too, but hasn't been on since November so I can't ask him / her either

link

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

hmmmm? november and the cousin was using RR`s computer,that`ll make it harder,if he/she does have their own.

Anyway back to the topic sort of,personally from what I`ve seen of actors in movies trying to pull off an Aussie accent its always comes across as really fake,yet not to their own countrymen.

I saw a ytube vid of a young English guy who could do an Australian accent quite well,he also did many others and I`ll leave how well he did to those who know best.

I`ll search and post it here if I find it.

Easier than I thought.
At around 4:20
He messed up a couple of words that come across as fake,yet others were spot on, "gate for example was spot on. "you and yes" for example was not,he was struggling there.

I`d like to know how well he did with other peoples accents? they sound pretty good to me.

Coarse language warning.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
What a weird thread.

Wanna learn Aussie, learn what a wanker is.

(And yes I realise it's a British word but we use it so much better)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I didn't realize RR had made an iQuit thread - must have been deleted. His sock account looks like it was 'frozen' at the same time he was banned.

I'm puzzled by all this sockpuppetry business. I thought it was against the T@C but quite a few members are open about the fact that they have multiple accounts. Is it allowed as long as their accounts don't start talking to each other? I thought you might know seeing as you've been on here for years, gps777.

And what's to stop a person using their multiple accounts to star and flag each other? It makes a mockery of the whole system.

Erm.. to get back on topic! - From what I've heard the average Aussie truly is the master of colourful language, according to my poor old Mum who went over there on holiday a few years back!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wanna learn Aussie, learn what a wanker is.

Whoa speak for youself Chad,I gave that up next week,I never thought I could.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

You gave up masturbation in the future and then travelled back in time to tell us that? Wow.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

I didn't realize RR had made an iQuit thread - must have been deleted.

Yeah it was,I`m guessing it was seen as a goodbye forever type thread.

I'm puzzled by all this sockpuppetry business. I thought it was against the T@C but quite a few members are open about the fact that they have multiple accounts. Is it allowed as long as their accounts don't start talking to each other? I thought you might know seeing as you've been on here for years, gps777.

RR was the first I`ve seen to admit to having another account,so you`ve done well to spot others.

And what's to stop a person using their multiple accounts to star and flag each other? It makes a mockery of the whole system.

Couldn`t agree more Silver Star,I liked ATS better before all these star and flags came into it,but I still like it here.

Erm.. to get back on topic! - From what I've heard the average Aussie truly is the master of colourful language, according to my poor old Mum who went over there on holiday a few years back!

I hope your poor old Mum wasn`t scarred too much,we mean nothing by it,well most of us.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
You gave up masturbation in the future and then travelled back in time to tell us that? Wow.

Oh that would sound strange to someone who`s a non Aussie and hasn`t heard the song about masturbation by Kevin Bloody Wilson.

You maybe able to find it online.I won`t post it here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I hope your poor old Mum wasn`t scarred too much,we mean nothing by it,well most of us.

Haha!

Knowing her, she probably got into the swing of things once the culture shock wore off. 'When in Rome, do as the Romans do' and all that. Not that she'd admit to it mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

The mental image I got from that was,your Mum stepping off the plane and greeted by a colourful languaged Aussie,your Mum in turn would then say "how ya gowin ya bastard" to everyone she met throughout her stay here,confusing the heck out of Aussies.

I hope she recovered alright.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

He seems to be having problems with his T's in most of the accents, the Irish was atrocious! and a lot of the Northern English accents made him sound like a girl.
Apart from that he was pretty good.
The second accent he does is how all of the teenagers around where I live speak

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well you might want to spell Australian right first......

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Agreed.

It's spelled Osraya.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

He seems to be having problems with his T's in most of the accents, the Irish was atrocious! and a lot of the Northern English accents made him sound like a girl.

Wow,see I would not have guessed that,thanks for having a listen.

Apart from that he was pretty good.

Yeah I agree,he`s definitely got some natural talent which could take him places in the future with a bit more practice for mine.

Hey Dave another question,if you have seen the movie snatch,how good is Brad Pits Pikie accent? I have watched that movie a few times and can`t understand a thing he says.

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Agreed.

It's spelled Osraya.

Spot on

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Hey Dave another question,if you have seen the movie snatch,how good is Brad Pits Pikie accent? I have watched that movie a few times and can`t understand a thing he says.

Here are some real ones for comparison

I can barely understand a single word

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Oh man that was so funny!

I busted a gut at how mean talking they were or more correctly sounded(couldn`t understand them),then watched the fight where they had referees! and they followed their instructions!,those Pikeys wouldn`t last too long in Australia,they`d get home sick pretty quick.

But anyway,I`m guessing only a Pikiey could tell if Brad Pit did a good job with their accent in Snatch as probably no one else can understand them.

From the movie

" Now, there is a problem with Pikeys or Gypsies: you can't really understand much of what's being said. It's not Irish, it's not English, it's just . . . well, it's just Pikey. "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join