It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hills alive with UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Hills alive with UFOs

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

A PROSPECTOR who went to find gold in the hills thinks he may have found something better - evidence that aliens really do exist.
Adam Cainero believes he captured a photograph of an alien spacecraft hovering above an escarpment near Majors Creek, in the Southern Tablelands near Braidwood.

After an unsuccessful weekend fossicking for gold Mr Cainero and a friend were making the long trip home when he stopped to take a snap of the steep mountain they had driven down.

When he got home, Mr Cainero said he realised he had found gold of another kind after all.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here is an interesting UFO sighting from a prospector who snapped a photo of a mountain he had just traversed for a keepsake and when later viewing the picture realized he may have captured an honest to goodness unidentified object in it.

The area he took the photo in is well known in Australia for a series of notable sightings filed by police and other credible witnesses in 1995 and 1996.

This is either one of the world’s biggest kites or a hovering object of unknown origins!

It certainly excites the imagination and can lead one to wonder.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Another interesting thread from you Proto! Great work.

The photo reminds me of what I used to see everyday out my window as I looked at Mt. Zion in Golden Colorado. That, to me, looks like a parasail...lot's of fun, and if you catch the wind currents right, you can float for 4-6 hours before landing. The shape bears an uncanny resemblance to the what they use. But, who knows...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
it looks pixellated around the edges of the "ufo." that usually implies it was photoshopped in but I'm not an expert on these things.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The object in the photo looks to me like the peak of a mountain appearing through low cloud. The irregularity of the outline also suggests that this isn't some sort of intelligently made craft.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
Another interesting thread from you Proto! Great work.

The photo reminds me of what I used to see everyday out my window as I looked at Mt. Zion in Golden Colorado. That, to me, looks like a parasail...lot's of fun, and if you catch the wind currents right, you can float for 4-6 hours before landing. The shape bears an uncanny resemblance to the what they use. But, who knows...

Great observation, I would think it's a bit big from a parasail but I suppose it's possible someone touching up the picture might have enlarged just that portion of it.

Thanks for suggesting that.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it looks pixellated around the edges of the "ufo." that usually implies it was photoshopped in but I'm not an expert on these things.

I am not a UFO Buff and am fairly skeptical when it comes to them. The article mentioned the photo represented another kind of Gold than the prospector was looking for. Do people actually sell these to Newspapers?

Is the motive for touching them up financial or just attention?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
After reading Crayfish's comment and looking at the photo again, I believe that it makes sense, or at least more than anything else at the moment. It does look like a peak in the background sticking up through the clouds.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmm, I dont know.. clearly its not "evidence"

could it be...

Last picture is a blown up size of what I think look like a man standing at the bushes holding a kite ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crayfish
The object in the photo looks to me like the peak of a mountain appearing through low cloud. The irregularity of the outline also suggests that this isn't some sort of intelligently made craft.

I'm inclined to agree with you after taking another look at the photograph ... well spotted

Woody

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crayfish

Yep... same colour and texture as the mountain too.

Well spotted

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

But it looks so real!

ET come home, come home ET.

Wait what if it's a flying mountain top???

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crayfish

Crayfish, I see what you mean about a peak wreathed in cloud. However, from the scale of the nearby land features, I would say that if that were indeed a far off mount with its head peeking above the cloud, that it would appear as lighter than the rest of the landforms on the picture, due to the slight hazing effect of distance one normaly associates with pictures of distant peaks. However, this "peak" appears in the same shade range as the rest of the land in the image, leading me to suggest that it is not infact a peak wreathed in cloud.
You also measure the irregular shape of the object, and you are right it does look somewhat non uniform, but because of the possibility of it being a flying object, and therefore possibly mobile, we cannot bet that we are looking at it from a straight angle, and any inconsitancy in its shape might be related to its orientation .

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It won't be a high mountain peak in the clouds.. no mountains big enough in that area you see.

I seriously doubt it's a kite.. you just don't see much in the way of kites here anymore, so I doubt it is a farmer flying a kite. All kites you do see are brightly coloured too.

What it is, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin are you a local resident of the area? I would love to know if you fancy doing an eyes on, and comming back with a sit rep. You never know , might be some mutilated cattle, an alien disco, a recipe book for cupcakes... what? Cupcakes are nice! Anyway , you up for it ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It's in the next state south of me, a few hours drive away. Too far on my pensioner's budget. But I can assure you that around Gosford NSW there isn't a major mountain peak like that.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think it's just the result of too much JPEG compression.

If you look at the trees and the hills you can see that they also have those "phantom" pixels around them.

Most cheap cameras use too much compression to fit more photos in the memory card or internal memory.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Doesn't indicate anything. High-information objects in front of low-information backgrounds usually create that pixellated look, especially with inexpensive cameras. In any case, looks like a glider or a bird.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Interesting picture Proto, I have no idea if it's something unidentified or not, it is always fun to see them nonetheless, you never know if it's real or is it memorex.

S&F

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's one of two things:
1- a bird in flight flying away from the camera
2- the peek of a mountain peeking through the clouds
A follow-up photograph with better visibility, would likely prove one or the other. Its still a good pic. Philosophy and theory will prove an extraterrestrial existence better than sketchy pictures of unknown origin, of questionable locations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join