It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Fun: Want to Feel Real Small? Scale of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've got to hand it to the makers of this interactive diagram - it's a compelling method to make you feel very small in the Universe.

Tip: Use the scroll bar in the middle to adjust perspective.

Have fun!

Link: primaxstudio.com...

edit on 7-12-2010 by Jason88 because: formatting

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh thank you for finding this link ! I've been looking for something like this . I was tired of the youtube ones .
You rock !!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
That is so cool, but so weird at the same time. I'm probably going to play with this thing for a while instead of doing some real work xD

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Thank you so much for finding this, it never occured to me if a person or persons had created something like this. I rarely give out star and flags as it's an afterthought, but star and flag for you (although meaningless, it shows my appreciation haha)

There are things so small that happen so fast that average people take them for granted.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
thtats really cool... how small we really are

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Love it, really cool website..

reminds me alot of this, witch is also very kool

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Glad you guys enjoyed it! The fact it's interactive and contains so much detail is what drew me to post it; a refreshing change from the typical picture depicting the size of the Universe.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Sweet video, and very similar to the Flash (I think it's Flash) one posted. Suddenly I'm not feeling so self-important.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now, what if our observable Universe is just a "neighborhood" in and of itself, in a vast sea of other "Universes" or more accurately, Universal Groups...each with their own Big Bangs, but not anything as exotic as multiple or parallel universes, etc. Just distant groupings of galaxies like our own Universe, but far enough to where their Big Bangs have zero impact on our "Universe"....

Just a random thought....as it seems that each time we think we've reached the outer layer of the onion, there's another, more far away layer, and another, and another, etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
930 yoctometers? I know that it's definitely an estimate, but I'm pretty sure the universe is infinite. But awesome anyways. We're literally specks of dust to the rest of the universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Extremador

We're not even that big.

Our solar system isn't even a speck of dust when it comes to the size of the Universe...

It's simply too insane to even comprehend that scale...

new topics

top topics

join