It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Is Bad For Students And Their Future Job Prospects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Columbia University students have been warned that commenting on WikiLeaks could harm their job prospects,

The e-mail said that comments could harm students' chances at landing government jobs due to intense background checks.

www.pcmag.com...

In other news students who read about history may have problems finding a job as a historian, students are asked not to read or discuss anything related to history as it may endanger their prospects of landing a job as a historian.

I think we have entered a new era, everything is as we feared it would be!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I love it!

Only the mindless young people who can be controlled, compliant, obedient and trusted will advance in the new Orwellian America.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I fear this is just the beginning in regards to the new found censorship that will soon be sweeping this country.

Ironically, if let's say hypothetically that Wikileaks is a false flag, then their true agenda would have to be to destroy the freedom of the world wide web. If this is the case then they are doing a brilliant job.

Regardless, until I am given proof of Wikileaks ulterior motive, I will continue to support them wholeheartedly.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I hate to post a video/song but "Order of Death" by P.I.L. always jumps back into my aging mind when I read stories like this. We have been pushing the unchecked limits of the cyber universe for far too long. Reality this, Reality that. Need to know... Must know... 24/7 news cycles.. blog blog blog... etc etc...

Johnny Rotten was on to something here... Regulation and control are certainly on the horizon in cyber world. Its the last great conquest for govt. control.

Students beware... myspace, facebook, twitter rants... etc etc. will come back to haunt you. Like it or not. This is the reality that you have inadvertently demanded.

edit on 7-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

top topics

join