It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desperation of imploding christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Re NoturTypical

You are as usual hovering around the periphery, not addressing any issues directly.

This thread is about factual efforts of bringing 'holiness' to 'unholy' (or at least 'godless') people or places, and humouristic suggestions have been made of bringing 'unholiness' to 'holy' places instead.

I will approach this polarized situation from my own little speciality, ideology per se (the academic rational answer to christian rhetoric), by accentuating the contrast of the two positions.

Fortified alterwine, introduction of beer, and why not whiskey (I once saw a Clint Eastwood movie, where he inofficially was baptized with some drops of whiskey) are suggestions of making christianity more attractive. To this I can add: Why not let some tired housewives with naked tits and suggestive, but stereotyped, hipmovements be part of church services.

I'm sure there will be candidates amongst the faithful for furthering the christian cause this way; and if anyone protests on moral grounds, these ladies can be relabeled 'vestal, honorary virgins', only in christian packaging ofcourse. Maybe "The sisterhood of one of the Marys" vaguely implying both the reformed immoral Mary Magdalena and the initially alleged virginity of the alleged mother of the alleged Jesus from the alleged 'truths' of Paulus (who appears to have been slightly less alleged in mere mundane contexts).

Or why not: Re-enactment of scenes from Eden before the fall...in detail.....and they knew each other and were naked and everything, not being ashamed about it. Why....a little moral encouragement of pre-fall inspiration would surely be honky-dory.

These ruminations are ofcourse preposterous nonsense, but they serve to profile the extremist missionary christian equally preposterous nonsense.

Whether anyone likes it or not, invasive christianity is as always ignoring the absense of a common communication platform (as examplified above), and dishes out its own self-appointed truths as encompassing. For a year on ATS I've been asking for some support of these 'truths', and only recieved answers, which eventually can be cut down to 'faith' (including faith in pseudo-science and faked statistics through the hijacking of rational principles).

(Oh D-g, why have you deserted me, so I have to repeat this daily): 'Faiths' usually ending up in bloodbaths with other 'faiths', killing a lot of non-participants in the process.

On the reasonable assumption, that 'ultimate truths' have to demonstrated before they scream for privileges, I'll return to my circumstantial argument, and seriously suggest, that if preachers are to perform in pubs (where they are not especially asked for), these missionary christians should accept gay or female priests, and another kind of missionaries from some sexual liberation front, ladies dressed in a shoelace, into churches. Without any ado.

The alternative, that both parties take the stance of: "This is private, bugger off" has ofcourse not occured to christians with fascist elitist background, considering one-way invasion legitimate.

This post is (maybe un-necessarily) colourful, containing a lot of verbal twists and double-binds, which I could have compressed to NoturTypical's level of communication: "Me good, you bad". But I do believe, that I actually added another small dimension hidden inside the babblings (which in reality are nothing compared to 2.000 years of christian convoluted argumentation).

And I also changed the boredom of: "Is, ...isn't, .... is, ....isn't" by upgrading it to illustrative dung-throwing in parable form.
edit on 8-12-2010 by bogomil because: the post was not boring enough

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
reply to post by NOTurTypical

On topic though: Mark 2:17 "When Jesus heard it, He saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

I take it that a saint like you doesn't have health insurance then ? Come on big boy please be honest and tell us you don't

I don't need it, I'm a veteran of the United States military, I go to a Veterans Affairs hospital anytime I need care.

What's the point of your red herring?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by bogomil

You are as usual hovering around the periphery, not addressing any issues directly.

1. The tread is a blatant trolling thread.
2. I addressed the OP, Christ came to call sinners to repentance, not the self-righteous. Christians emulate Christ and His teachings, hence the term CHRISTians.

This thread is about factual efforts of bringing 'holiness' to 'unholy' (or at least 'godless') people or places, and humouristic suggestions have been made of bringing 'unholiness' to 'holy' places instead.

Already addressed by posting Mark 2:17. Jesus brought His gospel to the drunks, thieves, prostitutes et cetra when He was alive.

edit on 8-12-2010 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
NoturTypical. From your recent post to Djin:

"What's the point of your red herring?"

From a former post on this thread:

"This thread is nothing but Trolling.

Odd you are receiving stars for the OP."

And you round it up (in your answer to me) with your usual "I-possess-ultimate-truth" by citing the bible, STILL avoiding issues and sticking to the magic christian formula: "Let's talk about something else, shall we. All these true examples from mundane reality are inconvenient for me, not being in phase with my subjective fantasies".

Red herrings about red herrings about red herrings. Trolling about trolling. No wonder you guys hate logic, functional semantics and general rational education. Who DO you think are swallowing all this stuff you send out?

You've had your deflectionary hallelluja say; now let the thread get back to what's observable in the reality outside your holy bubble.

edit on 8-12-2010 by bogomil because: there's always something there, which reminds me

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I've answered twice now.

Take it or leave it, I don't care.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I like the idea of Christianity being preached in pubs. There is an age limit to drinking in pubs which means that mature adults will hear the message and make their minds up - not the kids who believe anything they tell you - including Father Christmas and the Bogeyman.

Also - wasn't Jesus first miracle to turn water into wine at the wedding at Canaa?. It was this miracle that put me off the SOn of God. If He had come out with some fantastic speech about people not needing drink to enjoy a wedding then truely this would have been a much better outcome. Instead he turned water into wine - thus authorising everyone from thereon to get drunk and causing liver trouble ever since.

Sorry - not my Messiah

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I like the idea of Christianity being preached in pubs. There is an age limit to drinking in pubs which means that mature adults will hear the message and make their minds up - not the kids who believe anything they tell you - including Father Christmas and the Bogeyman.

Excellent point, perhaps there could be a law passed that xtians may preach in pubs only also I would argue that as they are making an offer to the public they should be subject to the same laws as any other salesperson.

How about they be required to have the potential customer sign a contract with a cooling off period etc and be held accountable to the courts for making any unsubstantiated claims or not providing the promised goods ?

At the end of the day the drunk in the pub is in fact entering into negotiation with the xtian he is being asked to purchase a new way of life and all the trimmings that go with it in exchange for his soul. So the buyer should be entitled to the same protection as any other consumer.

We also have to consider that not only are the xtians' target market expected to trade their soul but they also end up parting with hard cash often over many years, so I would propose that all christians be obliged to offer a money back guarantee.

I don't know about other countries but in the UK there are laws protecting the consumer for example -

Misrepresentation Act 1967 is a UK Act of Parliament, which regulates English contract law and unjust enrichment, so far as relevant for misrepresentations

(2) Where a person has entered into a contract after a misrepresentation has been made to him otherwise than fraudulently, and he would be entitled, by reason of the misrepresentation, to rescind the contract, then, if it is claimed, in any proceedings arising out of the contract, that the contract ought to be or has been rescinded, the court or arbitrator may declare the contract subsisting and award damages in lieu of rescission, if of opinion that it would be equitable to do so, having regard to the nature of the misrepresentation and the loss that would be caused by it if the contract were upheld, as well as to the loss that rescission would cause to the other party.

So, I would propose that when christians are out selling the dream that their potential customers are protected by the same laws that would be used to protect them should they fall foul of pyramid selling , ponzie schemes, network marketing etc.

Any thoughts on this before I lobby ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

And I also changed the boredom of: "Is, ...isn't, .... is, ....isn't" by upgrading it to illustrative dung-throwing in parable form.

Coincidentally, not many christians know this but jesus was well into dung throwing -

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Indeed, the omnibenevolent prince of peace creator of the universe could well be the inspiration behind "2 Girls 1 Cup" !!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

To the OP. I find it rather ridiculous this constant attempt at attacking christianity. So what if they are trying to spread some bibles, or want to read from the bible in a pub???

How will it affect you? This seems like a thread created in the vain hope of collecting some stars and flags. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

You know people are constantly saying christians are doing bad things, but i have very seldom seen a christian guy post a thread in here trying to ridicule atheists or satanists. It is always the other way around.

So sit back, and just consider this for a moment.

Vvv

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

To the OP. I find it rather ridiculous this constant attempt at attacking christianity.

Do you find attacking Islam as equally ridiculous ?

So what if they are trying to spread some bibles, or want to read from the bible in a pub???

So, do I take it you agree with the concept of enslaving another human being as your property ?

Do you agree with the idea that a woman is worth less than a man ?

How will it affect you? This seems like a thread created in the vain hope of collecting some stars and flags. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

This type of behavior affected me in quite a considerable way when I was young and is now affecting my children.

You know people are constantly saying christians are doing bad things, but i have very seldom seen a christian guy post a thread in here trying to ridicule atheists or satanists. It is always the other way around.

The search engine is your friend

So sit back, and just consider this for a moment.

I did before you typed it

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Do you find attacking Islam as equally ridiculous ?

Yes, i find attacking any religion is ridiculous. This only creates conflict. And this is exactly what you are doing in this thread.

So, do I take it you agree with the concept of enslaving another human being as your property ?

No i do not, i never said this, so don't twist my words. Everyone on this earth is equal. It is laughable how uninformed people love quoting the old testament as a source for all their information on christianity. We must all live in love, there is no difference between anyone on this earth.

This type of behavior affected me in quite a considerable way when I was young and is now affecting my children.

Then you had the wrong type of message protrayed to you. And for that i am sorry. But to judge the whole faith on an incident you had when you where young is also wrong.

Indeed it is, and i am sure you did not use it, for you would have seen there is allready many similar threads to this one on here. So creating this thread was totally unnecessarry.

So think a bit harder mate, and consider it some more. There is much you do not understand. You seem hard to the world, you need to find love and peace.

VvV

edit on 9-12-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: typo

edit on 9-12-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

No i do not, i never said this, so don't twist my words. Everyone on this earth is equal. It is laughable how uninformed people love quoting the old testament as a source for all their information on christianity

Well it seems that someone forgot to inform you that when a bible is handed out it contains the old testament my friend, indeed the new absolutely needs the old and cannot function correctly without it.

Also, someone also forgot to inform you that the enslavement of another human being as a possession that I was referring to is in the New Testament along with the misogyny of man being the head of the woman.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then you had the wrong type of message protrayed to you. And for that i am sorry. But to judge the whole faith on an incident you had when you where young is also wrong.

The messages I had portrayed to me came directly from the bibles good sir

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Then you are reading the bible differently to me mate.

The new testament is there to tell people the old offerrings and rules of the old testament is of no use anymore.

We have all been forgiven for our sins, so no need for any of the old ridiculous laws that you are referring to, to still be used.

VvV

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Indeed it is, and i am sure you did not use it, for you would have seen there is allready many similar threads to this one on here. So creating this thread was totally unnecessarry.

Nope, I searched for the article mate no preachers heading to the pubs

So think a bit harder mate, and consider it some more. There is much you do not understand. You seem hard to the world, you need to find love and peace.

Like what don't I understand exactly ? By the way that's typical of the arrogance imploding xtianity .

What does "Hard to the world" supposed to actually mean ? Pleas clarify or this something your pastor said which you repeat without any individual thought ?

For your information I have gallons of love to give out and a get buckets back, it's quite cool dude it's the only thing you can keep giving away without ever fear of running out.

As for peace, well I'm so laid back the rear of my head gas developed a rut.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The new testament is there to tell people the old offerrings and rules of the old testament is of no use anymore.

Says who ?

so no need for any of the old ridiculous laws that you are referring to, to still be used.

What like though shalt not eat blood ? or though shalt have no other gods ? or though shalt not steal ?

Not to steal doesn't seem too ridiculous

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I actually did that once, I was at an evening service, on my way home I knew my brother would be in the local bar getting wasted like he had for thirty years of his life, falling down wasted drunk,

So I decided, or a higher power decided that enough was enough, I stopped in the bar asked my brother if he would like prayer, he agreed, and he has been sober ever since.

Been about fifteen years now, no AA, NO rehab, only divine intervention.

I have seen many miracles, I always thought street ministry was where Jesus would be, the well do not need a physician.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Pleas clarify or this something your pastor said which you repeat without any individual thought ?

I do not have a pastor mate, i do not even attend a church. Yet i believe, and my faith is my faith.

And your insinuation that i am incapable of individual thought i find a bit offensive. I am not judging you, so why judge me? I am not being arrogant either. Yet you are.

You say you are full of love and peace, yet you do not come across as such.? Why is that?

VvV

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You say you are full of love and peace, yet you do not come across as such.? Why is that?

It's just the way you're looking at it

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i wouldn't gloat about 'imploding christianity.'

its still the largest religion in the world will continue to grow in developing/excommunist countries and remain strong in places like latin america almost no matter what.

that being said, what are the alternatives? besides atheism in previously christian territory (europe, et al) in most parts of the world, the implosion of christianity is going to mean the explosion of islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join