It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desperation of imploding christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Re Texastig

You wrote:

"How come you don't talk about atheist and how desperate they are?"

A very clever tactician you are, laddie, inverting questions and sending them back, whether it makes sense or not. But if you repent, your semantic sin will probably be forgiven. Find an ordained linguist, and he'll give you absolution.

What's significant is though, that the kind of 'semi-official' spokes-persons for atheism (humanists or utilitarians) to my knowledge haven't made public any plans of going around to pubs etc. to propagandize for their godless philosophy. So in the context of this thread, they seem to be less desperate to get zombified members of their club, than do christian missionaries.

And from a more general perspective, the medical term 'atheist-psychosis' hasn't turned up, whereas 'religion-psychosis' is fairly well known, describing individuals who in one way or another try to enforce their subjective fantasies on mankind. Very often implying some degree of violence eventually.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

The only problem with this being that pubs are currently closing down at a faster rate then churches. I see little difference between preaching to an empty church or preaching to an empty pub

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Christianity is not bounded by the laws of the church

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Re Jordan River:

You wrote:

"Christianity is not bounded by the laws of the church"

No indeed. Nor by the laws of logic, semantics, common sense, honesty or tolerance. The only thing binding christianity are satanic, secular laws, for which D-g be praised.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I notice, that holy repartees recently have replaced bible-citations. An improvement I only can applaud. So I've collected a few from this thread, and in the general merriment of debatalistic dung-throwing responded to them.

"Ahh I wouldn't mind that so much. If I were 21 I'd probably go in there and read a bible out loud. The problem is the hardcore Athiests would say it's "offensive" to talk about religion in their presence."

Being underage, you are not familiar with the raw, but hearty, atmosphere of pubs. After a few pints, preachers would be welcomed for the opportunity of heckling or a good fight.

"How come your not complaining about muslims shoving thier religion down out throats, or killing people if they dont convert to what they believe?"

Would you feel better, if we did?

"anyway.. i think if they can do it, (well maybe not in pubs) why cant christians."

Maybe they (muslims) would if they could, but does this justify the rather banale excuse: "Now see what YOU made me do".

"Jesus taught the gospel first to the chosen..He then turned to those outside"

It took some millions of dead to 'officially' decide, who originally were in- and outsiders. Though the question isn't quite settled yet.

"I have no time for people who continually ridicule a particular religion, but your fallacious, trolling comment takes the biscuit."

Obviously no rule without an exception. Personally I would gladly ridicule any invasive fascist ideologer coming my way.

"Just out of interest though, how do you know they are delusional or desperate?

what if they were right..."

That they have been fighting each other for 2.000 years could be an indication.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Is there some sort of conspiracy here or is this another excuse to take pot shots at Christians?

This is the CONSPIRACY in Religions sub-forum, btw.

Eric

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Re EricD

You wrote:

"Is there some sort of conspiracy here.........."

Ousch. You caught me with my hands in the cookie-jar. So now it's out in the open: We're a secret cabale, or at least I am, all by myself. I can't really speak for the other critics of extremist-christians here

And as some christians use the line of attack or defense (your choice), that e.g. atheism in reality is a THEISM with the prefix 'a' added to confuse, and I am a metaphysicist supposedly dappling with dark forces and demons, your later comment:

"This is the CONSPIRACY in Religions sub-forum, btw"

altogether sums your post up to be somewhat true. From that perspective there's a kind-of-religious kind-of-conspiracy going on on a subforum on religious conspiracies. I hope, this is not going to get me into trouble.

PS. While some people might find excuses necessary to take pot shots at christians, I'm not amongst them. I just observe factual deeds and doctrines, and react with what I consider adequate responses. Though some would probably disagree on the adequativity of said responses. Each to his/her taste, I say.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Up the alcohol-content of the alterwine and soon the churches will be filled for the first time since 'at gunpoint attendance' was abolished. "A double on the rocks. No holy water, but transubstantiated, please"

:lol
ear god dude you hurt my guts.

Don't happen to write for Vanity Fair on the side do you ?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am going by what has been belived for nearley 2000 years ,something considered to be the word of God ..I have read it ,unerstood it and decided to believe it .Everyone or anyone can choose to believe what ever they want ....peace

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Re EricD

You wrote:

"Is there some sort of conspiracy here.........."

Ousch. You caught me with my hands in the cookie-jar. So now it's out in the open: We're a secret cabale, or at least I am, all by myself. I can't really speak for the other critics of extremist-christians here

I believe that you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't accusing you of being part of or creating a conspiracy.

I was stating that I don't see a conspiracy in this thread and therefor it is in the wrong subforum.

From the sticky at the top of this subforum:

"This is not the forum for discussing religious views (or "bringing the truth" to people.) The specific focus here is conspiracies in religion. Posts that begin a new thread should reflect some sort of conspiracy angle."

Eric

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

What the eff have Rwandan bishops and archbishops got to do with Burundi ?

Your whole argument is a trolling illogicality.

Have a word with yourself, mate.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I believe this is in action towards those who believe in a spiritual life rather than a religious life

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

What the eff have Rwandan bishops and archbishops got to do with Burundi ?

Your whole argument is a trolling illogicality.

Have a word with yourself, mate.

Dude I will type this slowly for you as you appear not to be paying attention.

1) Bishop Paul (the dude in the article) is collecting money from drunks (jesus is forever short of cash it would seem) the money is allegedly to be used to purchase bibles to indoctrinate the poor and uneducated of Burundi.

2)Burundi is densely populated, with substantial emigration. Cobalt and copper are among Burundi's natural resources. Some of Burundi's main exports include coffee and sugar.

3)Burundi is one of the ten poorest countries in the world. It has the lowest per capita GDP of any nation in the world.[5] Burundi has a low gross domestic product largely due to civil wars, corruption, poor access to education, and the effects of HIV/AIDS

4) Ironically jesus who loves poverty is huge in Burundi -Sources estimate the Christian population to be 67 percent, with Roman Catholics representing the largest group at 62 percent. Protestant and Anglican practitioners constitute the remaining 5 percent. An estimated 23 percent of the population adheres to traditional indigenous religious beliefs. The Muslim population is estimated to be at 10 percent, the majority of whom live in urban areas.

You getting the picture yet ?

5) Burundi borders Rwanda, Jesus is also big in Rwanda 56.5% of the Rwanda's population is Roman Catholic, 26% is Protestant, 11.1% is Seventh-day Adventist, 4.6% is Muslim, 1.7% claims no religious affiliation, and 0.1% practices traditional indigenous beliefs.

Rwanda faces a generalized epidemic, with an HIV prevalence rate of 3.1 percent among adults ages 15 to 49 , such a shame that jesus thinks using a condom is murder.

Talking of murder

Far from condemning the attempt to exterminate the Tutsi, Archbishop Augustin Nshamihigo and Bishop Jonathan Ruhumuliza of the Anglican Church acted as spokesman for the genocidal government at a press conference in Nairobi. Like many who tried to explain away the slaughter(African Rights, Rwanda, Death, Despair, pp. 900-902.)

The extreme cases [of Christian complicity in Rwanda] include the Anglican bishop Samuel Musabyimana, who allegedly 'was responsible for killing or causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the Tutsi population with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a racial or ethnic group'. Another extreme is the sentence against two Catholic nuns, Sisters Gertrude Mukangango and Julienne Kisito, for their involvement in the slaughter of at least 5,000 civilians that had sought refuge in their monastery at Sovu. Archbishop Augustin Nshamihigo and the coadjutor Bishop of Kigali, Jonathan Ruhumuliza, were seen describing the government responsible for orchestrating the genocide as 'peace-loving'

The accusations against clergy of the Free Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist and Seventh-Day Adventist Churches are equally shocking. According to survivors, Bishop Aaron Ruhumuliza, head of the Free Methodist Church in Gikondo, Kigali, helped the militia carry out a massacre in his own church on 9 April 1994. Michel Twagirayesu, the President of the Presbyterian Church of Rwanda and a former vice-president of the World Council of Churches, is alleged to have worked closely with the killers in the Presbyterian stronghold of Kirinda, Kibuye, betraying parishioners

Ah, so that's what the nice man from the church who took my money while I was blind drunk does with it.

Report by African Rights." ["The Cross and the Genocide", a 2001 feature article by Rainier Hennig for the AFROL news service; see Rittner, Carol, Roth, John K., Whitworth, Wendy, eds. Genocide in Rwanda: Complicity of the Churches?

St. Paul, MN: Paragon House, 2004]; Mbanda, Laurent, Committed to Conflict: The Destruction of the Church in Rwanda [London: SCM, 1997]; Nyankanzi, Edward, Genocide: Rwanda and Burundi [Rochester, VT: Schenkman, 1997]).

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I believe this is in action towards those who believe in a spiritual life rather than a religious life

Don't follow you what action ?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Is there some sort of conspiracy here or is this another excuse to take pot shots at Christians?

This is the CONSPIRACY in Religions sub-forum, btw.

Eric

Indeed and some of us would consider christianity to be one of the biggest conspiracies of all time

Definitions of conspiracy :

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design:

* a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act
* a plot to carry out some harmful or illegal act (especially a political plot)
* a group of conspirators banded together to achieve some harmful or illegal purpose

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This thread is nothing but Trolling.

Odd you are receiving stars for the OP.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

This thread is nothing but Trolling.

Odd you are receiving stars for the OP.

Oh there you are,
So what do you actually think of this desperate move by the christians to get bums back on seats ?

Think a man on spirits will accept the holy spirit ? Or would you be happy to take a donation from a drunk just to get you out of his face ?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I've already stated my thought on your thread.

How did you miss that in my 2 line post?

This is nothing but trolling, and your anti-Christian bigotry is getting old as of late. Perhaps you can vent by starting a blog?

On topic though:

Mark 2:17 "When Jesus heard it, He saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

On topic though: Mark 2:17 "When Jesus heard it, He saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

I take it that a saint like you doesn't have health insurance then ? Come on big boy please be honest and tell us you don't

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Voltaire is rolling in his grave.

2nd.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join