It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The desperation of imploding christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
"Let's get the Bible read in pubs, says Bishop"

The Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham, the Rt Revd Paul Butler, is calling on churches to help people rediscover the Bible next year by organising public readings in pubs, .

Again the desperately deluded christians are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to preach to people that end up seeing pink elephants about imaginary men in the sky and men who live inside fish lol.

Although the won't be restricting their "finale assault" souly (I know lol) on the inebriated market places, community halls, sports centres, schools and other venues. are also on the hit list.

In addition to this the collections from all the Confirmation Services in 2011 will be going towards Bibles for Burundi. This will mean that every £3 raised will enable the Anglican Church in Burundi to give a Bible to every young person confirmed there in 2011.

Burndi !!??? The Burundi next to Rwanda where the churches were complicit in mass genocide ?

Says it all about this lot eh, ? The educated are leaving the churches in droves so time to skank some coin from the drunks to fund the enslavement of young ignorant African minds. Hallelujah

www.inspiremagazine.org.uk...

edit on 7-12-2010 by The Djin because: edit

edit on Tue Dec 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix title

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It would be best if instead of visiting pubs to preach, to simply serve beer during mass.

they will find their church filled up rather quickly...especially if they changed sermon hours to early evening time...

do a spin on happy hour...call it salvation hour or some such..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

How come you don't talk about atheist and how desperate they are?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ahh I wouldn't mind that so much. If I were 21 I'd probably go in there and read a bible out loud. The problem is the hardcore Athiests would say it's "offensive" to talk about religion in their presence.

*No offence to Athiests, I'm only talking about the super hard core ones that freak about God being in the constitution and all that.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How come your not complaining about muslims shoving thier religion down out throats, or killing people if they dont convert to what they believe?

anyway.. i think if they can do it, (well maybe not in pubs) why cant christians.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

How come you don't talk about atheist and how desperate they are?

Find me a desperate atheist and we'll chat

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by infoquest
How come your not complaining about muslims shoving thier religion down out throats, or killing people if they dont convert to what they believe?

anyway.. i think if they can do it, (well maybe not in pubs) why cant christians.

most muslims not all

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Jesus taught the gospel first to the chosen..He then turned to those outside .God knowing the chosen would reject His new covenant would turn to the byways and find those that would except it and He could build His Church ...Not a complicated situation for God but a blessing to all those willing to partake .....peace
edit on 7-12-2010 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Burndi !!??? The Burundi next to Rwanda where the churches were complicit in mass genocide ?

Oh Lord ( pun intended ) !

I have no time for people who continually ridicule a particular religion, but your fallacious, trolling comment takes the biscuit.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Oh Lord ( pun intended ) !

I have no time for people who continually ridicule a particular religion, but your fallacious, trolling comment takes the biscuit.

AGREED

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Actually I'm not complaining I'm laughing at the desperation of the delusion, When the imams decide to go clubbing in order to recruit I'd have much the same attitude, although they are unlikely to. I suppose it's easier for them to just kill you than convert you just like christianity used to.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Actually I'm not complaining I'm laughing at the desperation of the delusion, When the imams decide to go clubbing in order to recruit I'd have much the same attitude, although they are unlikely to. I suppose it's easier for them to just kill you than convert you just like christianity used to.

I Understand to some extent.

Just out of interest though, how do you know they are delusional or desperate?

what if they were right...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This also makes sense if you don't take the view that the Christians are evil. It seems pretty logical that they would want to spread their religion in places that they perceive to need it most.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The Netherlands !!??? The Netherlands next to Germany where the Nazis were complicit in mass genocide ?

Have a word with yourself, mate.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
They can do what they like, as long as it's in specific pubs where the patrons are happy for them to.
If I was sitting in a regular pub, drinking a pint with some friends I think I'd be a little annoyed if someone just strode in and started reciting the Bible.
Still, I bet it's a lot easier to convert someone when they're drunk, right?
edit on 7/12/10 by The Empty Skies because: wordsss

edit on 7/12/10 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Again the desperately deluded christians are scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to preach to people that end up seeing pink elephants about imaginary men in the sky and men who live inside fish lol.

This proof needs to be more rigorous before someone loses their head, it was ~153 fish after all at the wedding.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Jesus taught the gospel first to the chosen..He then turned to those outside .God knowing the chosen would reject His new covenant would turn to the byways and find those that would except it and He could build His Church ...Not a complicated situation for God but a blessing to all those willing to partake .....peace
edit on 7-12-2010 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

This is one big reason why Christianity is going down the tubes. How do you, the2ofusr1, know what Jesus taught? You don't, plain and simple, and nobody does. In fact the whole story is made up by the Romans....
WHO WROTE THE NEW TESTAMENT?
No, it wasn't written by any "disciples," in fact these guys are made up also...
The "12 Apostles" – Fabricated followers of a fabricated Saviour

So, again I ask of you, how do you know what your Jesus said about anything at all, or if he said anything of importance at all, or how do you know he even lived? There is no real history of such a Supernatural Magickian/Sorcerer/GodMan, Philo did not mention him, and neither did anyone else of the time. The Romans kept records of everything, there is no record that they crucified anyone, and there is not one scrap for a trial of a man named Jesus, to the best of my knowledge.
So if the entire New Testament is fiction, then Jesus does not exist, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies

Still, I bet it's a lot easier to convert someone when they're drunk, right?
edit on 7/12/10 by The Empty Skies because: wordsss

edit on 7/12/10 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

If someone can't be converted while in their right mind, they should not be persuaded to while they are under the influence of drugs/alcohol. It really upset me that a relative of mine while in his right mind, repeatedly said he did not
want to become a Christian. When he was in his last stages with severe dementia, ( and not in his right mind) he was
persuaded to be 'born again'. This is not right.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The Netherlands !!??? The Netherlands next to Germany where the Nazis were complicit in mass genocide ? Have a word with yourself, mate.

Burundi (pronounced [buˈɾundi]), officially the Republic of Burundi, is a landlocked country in the Great Lakes region of Eastern Africa bordered by Rwanda

Far from condemning the attempt to exterminate the Tutsi, Archbishop Augustin Nshamihigo and Bishop Jonathan Ruhumuliza of the Anglican Church acted as spokemen for the genocidal government at a press conference in Nairobi. Like many who tried to explain away the slaughter, they placed the blame for the genocide on the RPF because it had attacked Rwanda. Foreign journalists were so disgusted at this presentation that they left the conference. (African Rights, Rwanda, Death, Despair, pp. 900-902.)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My best SaturnFX

I can only regret, that your abysmal ignorance of practices in christian churches once more gives criticism of christianity a bad name of un-informed-ness.

There's really no need to introduce beer to the churches, as they already have alterwine, diluted as it may be. Up the alcohol-content of the alterwine and soon the churches will be filled for the first time since 'at gunpoint attendance' was abolished.

"A double on the rocks. No holy water, but transubstantiated, please"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join