It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's Haifa Fire Caused By Teen's Water Pipe, Police Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I call BS.

First off, if it was a water bong, you would have ash and not a burning cherry after you are done with the toke. By the time you empty the bowl there would be no fire, period.

If this was a hookah, then there would be a burning coal involved. These things are obviously dangerous because they can stay lit for hours.... but a hookah isn't really a "water bong" and is designed for multiple people, and rather complex and impractical for just one person to use.

I doubt my practical assessment will last long in this thread though... ATS staff love to delete my posts on anything to do with the herb

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

If there was any merit whatsoever to your highly speculative and slanderous theory, why wouldn't the Israeli government simply portray the incident as a terrorist attack as opposed to an unintentional act by a teenage kid smoking pot?

In part because the child came forward of his own volition and made the confession. He was not apprehended as result of police work or informants, but came forward on his own.

So the Israeli government now has to play the cards its been dealt.

The Druze by the way are not Muslim, but a form of Monotheism based on Gnosticism that came along later in the 11th century.

The Druze and Christians of Israel do not get along too well, and there has been some violence and tension between them in recent times.

As I stated Israeli politics are very complex, one need only look to the Knesset every election, as disparate parties join forces to try to build some form of ruling coalition.

No telling what's involved here politically behind the scenes where a lot of different ministers have egg on their faces, and the Government has already authorized the immediate payment of 80,000,000.00 dollars in claims resulting from the fire.

So I don't view my comments as slanderous at all, but rather pragmatic when considering all the different political and religious elements that have to be factored into any equation when it comes to Israel.

By the way, love the Avatar!

edit on 7/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by gravitational

How does one determine one's nationality from a UAV? DNA testing? Passport annalysis? Oh because they wore head scarves that only Arabs are 'allowed' to buy and wear?

Hmmm...errr....I mean... geee...MAYBE THEY CAUGHT THEM AND FOUND OUT WHAT THEIR NATIONALITY IS as seen from the video ??

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I call BS.

First off, if it was a water bong, you would have ash and not a burning cherry after you are done with the toke. By the time you empty the bowl there would be no fire, period.

If this was a hookah, then there would be a burning coal involved. These things are obviously dangerous because they can stay lit for hours.... but a hookah isn't really a "water bong" and is designed for multiple people, and rather complex and impractical for just one person to use.

I doubt my practical assessment will last long in this thread though... ATS staff love to delete my posts on anything to do with the herb

It was in fact actually a Hookah but after translating it for American audiences it is now "The Iranian President wants to burn Israel off the map"!

The Waterpipe translation seems to have just been used for Westerners who are not as familiar with hookahs.

Most hookahs though are not meant for use by just one person, so I do agree with you, it's a very suspect story.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by gravitational

How does one determine one's nationality from a UAV? DNA testing? Passport annalysis? Oh because they wore head scarves that only Arabs are 'allowed' to buy and wear?

Hmmm...errr....I mean... geee...MAYBE THEY CAUGHT THEM AND FOUND OUT WHAT THEIR NATIONALITY IS as seen from the video ??

What video would that be.

By the way running from a fire zone is not actually proof of having lit a fire. It's just the same type of thinking where someone black running down the street at night must be fleeing from the scene of crime or up to no good.

Hey let no good disaster go wasted huh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join