It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks defended by hacktivists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Wikileaks defended by hacktivists

www.bbc.co.uk

Internet hacktivists have fired the latest salvo in the Wikileaks infowar.

A group called Anonymous has hit sites that have refused to do business with the controversial whistle-blowing site with a series of distributed denial-of-service attacks.

It mirrors similar attacks aimed at the Wikileaks site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is interesting.

The fact Anonymous is on the case is common knowledge - it's good that they're fighting back against the corporatocracy.

However, what's more interesting is the fact that the BBC has referred to this whole escapade as an INFOWAR!

The concept is beginning to bite, and people are listening. If the public becomes aware that we are in an InfoWar, then people may start questioning more about what they are told to believe.

This can only be a good thing surely?

Rev.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-12-2010 by The Revenant because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

This is interesting.

The fact Anonymous is on the case is common knowledge - it's good that they're fighting back against the corporatocracy.

However, what's more interesting is the fact that the BBC has referred to this whole escapade as an INFOWAR!

The concept is beginning to bite, and people are listening. If the public becomes aware that we are in an InfoWar, then people may start questioning more about what they are told to believe.

This can only be a good thing surely?

What i would humbly like to point your attention to is what a particular person well versed into how and what methods work upon the general population. But the truth often is sour.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials, 18 April 1946

thinkexist.com...
edit on 7-12-2010 by tristar because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Hi Tristar - thanks for the contribution, but I'm afraid I've totally missed your point.

Can you enhance it a bit for me?

Rev.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Some retard talking head on Fox News literally ended four sentences in a row with "...It's a cyber war on the United States!" This is not going to end well. I hope anon absolutely destroys their networks and information because I think we can all see a clamp down is coming soon and I doubt anon will get another chance.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Hi Tristar - thanks for the contribution, but I'm afraid I've totally missed your point.

Rev.

Short but blunt, perhaps you are actually viewing a smoke screen in real time

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

reply to post by tristar

Rev.

Sometimes I hate talking on the net - I can't figure out whether people are being cryptic or trolling! I think you're being cryptic, but I still don't understand the relevance.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Rev.

Sometimes I hate talking on the net - I can't figure out whether people are being cryptic or trolling! I think you're being cryptic, but I still don't understand the relevance.

Rev.

I assure you that i am no way trolling, however, on the cryptic level, well lets say its what i am well fluent and within my comfort zone for various reasons.

Humans are so predictable.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

edit on 12/7/1010 by NoAngel2u because: posting is messing up with quotes

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Rev.

Rev.

He's not being all that cryptic. Just read his quote. There's nothing new about the governments using such tactics. All you have to do is turn on msm and you will see it in action. I've not lost hope yet, but I'm a realist. Most people do not think for themselves, nor do they research information outside of their common news feeds.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

reply to post by tristar

Rev.

Rev.

.........nor do they research information outside of their common news feeds.

You simply covered over 65% of the global internet.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've seen over 5,000 different anon in various chat room carrying out the ddos attacks on PayPal. Pretty impressive, Anon is angry.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio
I've seen over 5,000 different anon in various chat room carrying out the ddos attacks on PayPal. Pretty impressive, Anon is angry.

Truly amateurs.

No second line for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Well these amateurs just took down postfinance.ch and are working on PayPal right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Well these amateurs just took down postfinance.ch and are working on PayPal right now.

and you call that hardcore...?

we obviously live in different worlds.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

...Did I use the word hardcore? What are you even talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by tristar

...Did I use the word hardcore? What are you even talking about?

No harm done, but when one refers to taking down Paypal or should i say working on and one considers them as an ideological approach to voicing an opinion, it does indicate a form of acknowledgment and referrers to a group or individual/s who have the ability to do what others only dream within their cerebral cortex.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmm.. anonymous... not the heroes wikileaks deserves, but the ones it needs right now?
They have a good sense of justice at least some of the time. You don't want to be on their bad side. I don't know whether they are good or bad for wikileaks. I would say they are equally condemned, with far less people knowing anything about the anonymous group. They will get wikileaks the attention it deserves when governments start trying to drown them out.

Everyone can still do their part to support wikileaks by spreading the leaks around and talking about it everywhere they go. Also joining the boycott on companies that are bowing to big brother would help: Amazon and Paypal (which is owned by E-Bay). I believe Twitter and Visa are buckling to government pressure now too.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by tristar

Seriously, would you like to be involved into the roll over signed deals when we are involved ?

There is a distinctive difference between assumptions and r4eality...get it ?

top topics

join