It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has agreed to give up the “Making Work Pay” tax credit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wow... just WOW !

Obama gives up another concession to opposition from anti-American "Republicans" that once again attacks the middle class...

Deal Would Reportedly Drop a Tax Credit

I mean really,if someone was truly concerned for the well being of America don't you think that they'd show it by keeping America's backbone healthy?

Instead these ponzi-scheme players in Washington CONTINUE, EVEN AFTER ELECTIONS, to assault the infrastructure of America's foundations !!

They outsource our Industry - taking our ability to work away
They import foriegn workers - taking our ability to work away
They pass legisltion that continues to oppress us
They continue to support corporate crime
They continue to authorise the theft of America's wealth by banksters

They continue on... with thier bi-partisan agenda to destroy this country !!

WTF !! WHAT IN THE HELL IS AMERICAN ABOUT THAT?!

Sure, the article states:

An administration official said that in the emerging deal, the “Making Work Pay” credit would be replaced with a one-year reduction in payroll taxes for workers.

but really... really? I dont think so. Once again the rich will be given enormous tax breaks while the middle class taks it in the rear.

CHANGE THAT AMERICA CAN APPRECIATE....

Republicans want to make permanent the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. I have argued that we can’t afford it right now. But what I’ve also said is we’ve got to find consensus here, because a middle-class tax hike would be very tough not only on working families.... And I should mention that’s not only the right thing to do, it’s the smart thing to do

Obama even tells it like it is, but for some untold reason these liars in Washingtn just can't "do the right thing..."

*SIGH*

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Actually in my family's current situation getting a 2% reduction in taxes being paid out is better. This will actually be a big plus for anybody making more than $22,000 a year. If you make $22,000, you will get $440 over the course of the year. It sounds good to me. Please tell me how that is "sticking it" to the middle class? Tell me how not raising taxes on lower income families from 10% to 15% is sticking it to the middle class?

So, I'm getting more money than Obama's tax credit, plus I have escaped a tax increase (in my tax bracket) of about 20%. Wow I feel like I have just been so royaly screwed.

Then they reinstated the estate tax at 35% on estates over 5 million dollars. So, they are actually taxing the rich more than they did this year.

Don't let a little thing like facts get between ideology and the truth.

edit on 7-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
But at least he has stopped the war in the Middle east, brought all US Troops home, closed Gitmo Bay, and stopped Homeland Security from invading folks privacy and stopped water boarding and sadistic interview techniques!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's screwing the middle class because it has been part of the tax system and now it won't be. It was a $400 dollar cut that is being removed. The republicans insisted that we stick with the Bush era tax levels but also insisted that a policy that helped the middle was removed.

They didn't insist on adjusting the policies for the wealthy, so it smacks of class warfare.

Personally I think we need to increase taxation at this time so I don't really care. I do think the wealthy need to either move back to a higher rate or the gov should eliminate most write offs (for everyone) so to see us stick with the Bush taxes with the exception that the lower and middle classes should lose a break is kind of insulting.

I can see why people might feel screwed.

As a percentage of income the wealthy and the corporations generally pay less than the middle class. The concept behind the current system is still the Trickle Down idea. Since we have thought this way, our quality of life has decreased relative to the global average, middle class spending power has decreased, savings have decreased, debt has soared and our infrastructure has degraded.

Time to change trajectory here.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Wow... just WOW !

Obama gives up another concession to opposition from anti-American "Republicans" that once again attacks the middle class...

And the dems are just 'merica loving patriots right?

Both parties blatantly rape the Constitution, yet you only attack one of them.

Why?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Wow it looks like he was pretty ticked off. Maybe he is just a puppet and is feeling the mounting anger over it? They got him by the balls. What to do? It's really sad that there is nothing we can do our government is owned by the corporations, America is owned by the corporations, and soon we'll all be owned by the corporations because they will eventually be begging for the slavery law to be dropped. We are going to be like the Egyptians everyone is going to be a corporate slave the only 'free' people will be the corporations themselves!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hahaha..
I wonder how they edited that clip. It looks real.
If only he did show that much emotion.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Both political parties should be eradicated due to their blatant rape of the Constitution.

I just laugh at threads like this, that only pick out one side of the story, without fully recognizing, nor identifying their own parties misdeeds.

Closed minded much?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Phhttthhhb. I don't like either party, but I'm happy with the compromise. I worked as a tax accountant the year O came up with that stupid "Making Work Pay" credit. It actually showed up in people's paychecks as a reduction in withholding. We figured it was about $7.69 per week. Hey, McD's for dinner kids!
And a lot of folks got screwed over because of underwithholding caused by the "tax credit" if their income increased or if they were married, or if they worked 2 jobs then they ended up OWING it back at the end of the year. What a crock! And wasn't it Michelle Mi Belle who stated Bush's stimulus payment of $600 "wouldn't even buy a good pair of earrings"? What can she get for $400? (Not those lovely shoes she wore to the food pantry - those were over $500.)

If this compromise did not go through, hubby and I would have gotten the Making Work Pay credit. BUT we would have lost $1,000 in child tax credits, had our tax rates go up in every bracket and would have been hit by the marriage penalty since that would be back.

Democrats and Republicans - two heads of a Hydra playing 3 card monte with our money...
edit on 7-12-2010 by Mountainmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Yes they asked for the "Making Work Pay" tax credit to go away. However, they countered it by asking for a 2% reduction in the social security pay roll tax. That means they took out a small credit to replace it with a larger discount for most people. That isn't screwing the middle class.

I think it is idiotic because of the issues with social security's solvency. However, that is a different thread all together.

Instead of worrying about tax cuts we ned to be focusing on spending cuts. We need to reduce spending by 4% per year for the next seven years. Plus we need to start pulling our remaining troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Then we can enact measures that refuse to pay for contracted services before they are complete, and asess a penalty for going over the agreed upon dead line. (That is standard in major construction projects every where else.)

That is another thread on of it self as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Hahaha..
I wonder how they edited that clip. It looks real.
If only he did show that much emotion.

Yep, it really does look real.
...but you know it's fake because that kick had some real power behind it.
I'm sure he kicks just like way he throws a baseball.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

And the dems are just 'merica loving patriots right?

Both parties blatantly rape the Constitution, yet you only attack one of them.

Why?

Pot, meet kettle.

2nd.
edit on 8-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: bad tag

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
But at least he has stopped the war in the Middle east, brought all US Troops home, closed Gitmo Bay, and stopped Homeland Security from invading folks privacy and stopped water boarding and sadistic interview techniques!

You forgot to mention the tremendous steps he has taken to make government more transparent

second
edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join