It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange has just been removed from TIME's 2010 person of the year poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Julian had a clear and desicive lead in this poll and should have come first...
I cannot find ant explantion as to why he has been removed, but he clearly has...
I shows the level of control and manipualtion off the main stream media...

The present link...
www.time.com...

Assange is gone.... instead we have a lady gaga...

kx

www.time.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Does anyone want to be in the same club that Hitler, Obama, and Ben Bernanke are in? I mean wouldn't that obviously make him seem like just another agent of the empire?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm sure that's normal procedure, for someone who has just been arrested on rape allegations...

Not saying he is guilty, but if he was found guilty, would make a complete mockery of person of the year award...

I'm sure time Are just protecting themselves..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I'm sure that's normal procedure, for someone who has just been arrested on rape allegations...

Not saying he is guilty, but if he was found guilty, would make a complete mockery of person of the year award...

I'm sure time Are just protecting themselves..

Alleged rape will get you removed from the list, but a holocaust gets you the cover. I don't understand anything.. anymore.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
lets hope anonymous can get some "justice"

these guys needs to be boycotted ... thats just low

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Alleged rape will get you removed from the list, but a holocaust gets you the cover. I don't understand anything.. anymore.

It's about the amount of effort required. You don't see a holocaust happening every day by anyone...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I was just on (minutes ago) the Time's person of the year page, and he's still at the top and has a better rating today than when I checked yesterday. Not sure why everyone is posting this nonsense.

Time Magazine poll for Person of the Year
edit on 12/7/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Revisionist history, twisting the facts much????

Does anyone want to be in the same club that Hitler, Obama, and Ben Bernanke are in?

Why not post the FULL roster, for comparison?? (AND, take special heed of the point of this "tradition"....a "tradition" since 1927!!) Gee, you don't think it's to fluff up magazine sales, do ya!?

en.wikipedia.org...

Notable, in the roster:

• Charles Lindbergh
  • Ghandi
  • FDR
  • Winston Churchill (twice)

Others multiple times too.

Flip side, again, it's about INLFUENCE, whether for good or ill:

• Stalin (twice)
  • Khrushchev
  • Pope John XXIII
  • Richard Nixon

To cite but a few.....

CONTEXT matters, not spurious name dropping, (and false association innuendo dropping) as displayed in the quoted portion above.

• posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
    link   
    reply to post by NoAngel2u

Ok but here is the present list and his name is no longer on it....

www.time.com...
    kx

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
    link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
    I was just on (minutes ago) the Time's person of the year page, and he's still at the top and has a better rating today than when I checked yesterday. Not sure why everyone is posting this nonsense.

Time Magazine poll for Person of the Year
    edit on 12/7/1010 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)
    ^^ this. OP has posted a different list. Assange is still top of the pops, as it were.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
    link   
    I think there might be two different polls happening.

One is for Person of the Year. With Julian Assange in the lead.

The other is for most influential people in the world Mir-Hossein Mousavi having won the honor.

The Person of the Year issue usually comes out near the end of the year. While the most influential poll states it will be reveled on Thursday, April 29th. ~~~ April 29th 2011 is on a Friday, so my guess is this Most Influential list was posted earlier this year (2010).

EDIT to add, here is the cover from the April 29, 2010 issue of Time, with the "Most Influential": Link.
    edit on 7-12-2010 by OneisOne because: add link.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
    link   

The link I provided takes you to Who Will be Times 2010 Person of the Year

The link you provided takes you to Time 100 Competition

There must be a difference, because clearly he is in the #1 spot for Person of the year.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
    link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

The link I provided takes you to Who Will be Times 2010 Person of the Year

The link you provided takes you to Time 100 Competition

There must be a difference, because clearly he is in the #1 spot for Person of the year.

You are correct NoAngel2u. The Person of the Year issue happens at the end of the year, while the Most Influential happens earlier in the year (published April 29th 2010). At the time Julian Assange was not well known.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
    link   
    The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The Time Person of the Year designation never has been designed as an "award" or anything necessarily positive. It's designed to identify who, for better or worse has done the most to influence events of the year.

It's not like a testimonial or a Nobel Prize or anything. That's how Hitler or Khomeini wins - being a primary influencer of events. If the biggest influence on events was negative, there you go.

So you get Einstein, Gandhi, or Stalin, depending on the amount of impact, positive or negative, that person has had on events.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
    link   

Not according to TIME twitter account:

TIME Not only has Julian Assange NOT been banished from the TIME Person of the Year Poll, you can vote for him right here: su.pr...
    13 minutes ago via Su.pr

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
    link   

sorry with you... close thread plz...

kx

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
    link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

TIME Not only has Julian Assange NOT been banished from the TIME Person of the Year Poll, you can vote for him right here: su.pr...
    13 minutes ago via Su.pr

I'm pretty sure I was advocating he was still on the list. lol

I saw the tweets and was infuriated so went right to the poll myself and saw the mistake. Hopefully folks will start to tweet the correction.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
    link   
    disinfo at its best....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
    link   
    Hmmm oh humanity, Gaga is 3rd and Glen Beck is 4th?.. if that isnt the best indicator of the woes of the world I dont know what is.

Threw my support behind Assange and Jon Stewart & Colbert... Anything to offset at least one idiot somewhere in the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:33 PM
    link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

13 minutes ago via Su.pr

This was an EARLY rumor that he was removed right when he was arrested. Thats when they posted that. Now its real and it happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join