It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange arrested in sex case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
omg i guess the pressure just got to him...he surrendered himself? hmm weird

Reporting from London —
Julian Assange, founder of the controversial WikiLeaks website, was arrested here Tuesday morning at the request of Swedish authorities who want to question him about allegations of sexual assault, Scotland Yard said.

Assange, 39, voluntarily surrendered to police and was put under arrest, police said. He is expected to appear in a London court later Tuesday.

Sweden has asked that Assange be extradited so that it can investigate allegations by two women who had sexual encounters with him in that country earlier this year. Swedish prosecutors say the encounters may have involved "unlawful coercion" and even rape, but Assange has insisted that the liaisons were consensual.

read the full story here : www.latimes.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh boy!! Here we go.
I smell something fishy.
Quite obviously he is a target, but I hardly think he is guilty.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So now we'll see lots of "Free Assange" things happening....and so we should.

I wonder if his "bombshell" is going to be released and we get some real juicy stuff from Wikileaks?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Theres allready at least 3 threads on this!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Anyone who can't read between the lines here needs to be look at by a doctor.

Are you telling me that all this, the arrest, the allegations....have nothing to do with the leaked documents? Coincidental?

Can they not come up with a more believable scenario for Julian Assange to get him arrested...as opposed to "rape"???

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There's already more than 7-9 threads on this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Very interesting turn of events. I just got wind of it and it took me a bit off guard.

Looks like Asange's silencing will begin...

.. or will he dump the PW now?

WikiLeaks' Assange Arrested by British Police

Assange's British lawyer said his client is looking forward to fighting the allegations. "It's about time we got to the end of the day and we got some truth, justice and rule of law," Mark Stephens told the BBC. "Julian Assange has been the one in hot pursuit to vindicate himself to clear his good name." A WikiLeaks spokesman today said that the arrest will not stop the organization releasing more secret documents.

At least they are not stopping the leaks, but I think it may be over for Assange.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OMG!!!

I am so surprised..

really He is arrested. Well meh..

Seriously? Assenge has officially become neutered.. He will fit in just right with the corporate Amerikan Neutered males.

He's been arrested..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I wonder how much those women were paid?

I mean, the timing is just beyond coincidence...

new topics

top topics

join